Everyone vs TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zerpher, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Zerpher

I play only TR every single day since Planetside 1, and it's really starting to become unbearable lately with both the NC and Vanu rarely fighting each other. There simply isn't enough TR to take on both factions and I'm tired of losing to the point where I question coming back to the game.

Look I know people will read this and not agree, but it's what I observe daily. Please no hate posting just understand why I'm frustrated.
  2. Demigan

1: what server do you play on
    2: How much bias would you be able to admit to? If you go online you can find simultaneously the VS, TR and NC complaining about being double-teamed since they rarely are able to see it from the other faction perspective.
    • Up x 1
  3. InexoraVC

Try other factions.
    You'll feel the same
  4. MichaelMoen

And here I am, an NC main, constantly seeing the TR and VS rarely fighting each other while we get warpgated. Funny how that works yeah?

That's the nature of a 1v1v1 three way multiplayer. There's ALWAYS going to be double teaming at any given time.
  5. RabidIBM

Can confirm that the Connery VS and NC have an anti TR bias. I rotate around the factions and get to hear the comms about it. If called out they deny it, but brag about it when they think they're only among their own.
  6. JibbaJabba

I play all factions and I'm kinda "retired" to NSO at the moment. Freelance 90% of the time.

Can confirm all 3 factions do double teaming that is "emotional" rather than tied to any game theory.

They all 3 use the same excuses too. "Well you guys caused it because you <insert slight here>". Or they use whataboutism to support their behavior.

Nobody ever really just shows sportsmanship and goes to a new fight when they find themselves firing at a spawn shield. There are some that do. The really good players that actually want to shoot people, not spawn shields will relocate.

It's hard to see that all factions do it. Natural group bias makes us forgiving of our own group and more critical of not-our-group. You'll have a "good reason" when you do it. The other guys are just bad sports.

---I can honestly say I have very little bias on this topic. I state this knowing it's bold. I'm clear on this.---

I can only speak about the times I'm on .. which is a lot. Usually primetime and late both.
    All 3 factions have been doing what they always do and all 3 double teaming roughly equally. Occasionally there is what I'll call a "vindictive" double team where it's just unapologetic and obvious bad sportsmanship on display. Again all 3 factions are guilty.

BUT... for the past month or so I've been seeing a few more of these directed at the TR. Maybe next month it will be different. It tends to ebb and flow. But yeah, for now I'm not surprised to see a forum post pop up about it.

/shrug.

I don't think anything needs done about it. The populace will adjust and things will swing back.

I would just encourage everyone, myself included, to keep looking in the mirror and trying to be a good sport. Don't let bad actions by others be your excuse.

Edit: just to add.. I see VS get this sometimes to.. weeks of hostility. Kinda rarely does it ebb for long stretches against NC. Just the occasional one-off warpgate counter wrath.
    • Up x 1
  7. Grandizer

That's funny cause yell chat on Emerald is littered with TR complaining about VS double teaming, while they double team 70% of the time.
  8. OSruinedPS1

Whenever you get double teamed notice how platoon leaders don't change their tactics, like not one of were like, "huh, y'know maybe we should enter into a defensive stance and defend bases instead of trying to zerg this empty base here 48 vs 5." Nope, every single platoon leader is dumb as a box of rocks.
  9. Shadowpikachu

Pretty sure this is because they think they can keep rolling a baserace since they started earlier.

Better then splitting forces and both sides failing because people wont listen.
  10. Metalghost

Honestly TR does not have the pop to double team at all on emerald. We are constantly over ran by the other two factions.
  11. MonnyMoony

So - you get twice as many battles to participate in. Sounds like a win to me.

I was playing on Cobalt today as VS and couldn't find any decent fights since NC and TR were too busy fighting each other to bother with us. I logged off in the end as it was so boring.
  12. The Wolf

This has always been because in PS1 and PS2 TR have always been the biggest and most powerful factions. They were always called to be the "devs favorite" and given special treatment thus.

This has been an issue since PS1 and the beginning of PS2 because TR had enough people most of the time to run over NC/VS combined back in the hay day. Now the game is barely alive compared to what it once was and most of the TR that did command are gone leaving a vacuum of power. So actually what Zerpher says is 100% true and accurate its because people still are in the mindset of TR being the "Devs Favorite" and still having 3x the numbers as everyone else which isn't the case anymore.
  13. Demigan

Thats a conspiracy theory.

First of all different servers have different pop numbers and behaviours.
    Second of all all factions are seen as the dev favored. The PS1 history has had little effect on that.
    Thirdly double teaming is a naturally occuring theme in the game, especially durig alerts. If you have the choice between a long drawn out fight against a more or less equal opponent or a fight against one already in trouble with its population, then taking territory from the weaker one is far easier for an alert win. Losing factions also see a pop drain that doesnt return on other factions, effectively making the pop imbalance worse and increasing double teaming. The next time its the reverse.
  14. The Wolf

Bruh you started in 2014, you are a new player compared to me. I started in Planetside 1 outfit was a part of the original Devil Dogs, planetside 2 Closed Beta, Alpha Squad all the way till now. Only conspiracy theory is yours, I have physically lived it from the start of it all. TR have always been called the devs favorites since PS1 and they were attacked by VS/NC there as well because of the exact reasons I labelled. How do I know this? Because I was physically there, since the beginning and I know why it is and this is on every server it doesn't change based on the server. How do I know that? Because I played on practically every server to see how it goes. The game is dying as on steam alone its like maybe 2-3k pop activity at max peak hours this month. The game is dying and it is obvious steam charts alone shows the game is dying. https://steamcharts.com/app/218230 then adding the people who still play through a regular launcher its probably only 2-3k more honestly. In total the max number of players is closer to 10-15k between all servers in peak hours.

TR has always been the most played because they have been seen as the bad boys/the empire/the sith lords. Of course people naturally saw red and black and were "Awesome colors broham." Then joined the TR. Its a tale as old as time itself.
  15. Demigan

You mean you have accepted your own bias as canon. You can find all factions are thought off as the "devs favorite". Although it often also depends on the latest update. "Cold hearted implant boosts almost only the VS arsenal! VS bias!". "Shotgun changes? Must be NC bias!". "Harassers were altered but the Vulcan was kept in its current state? TR bias!"

Although I'll often have similar opinions, the devs have shown that even if there is a bias its not always enforced. For example while the Vulcan seems to have been better balanced now for years it was massively overperforming everything else just like the Betel was*. If the devs favored either faction you'd expect them to either reign in one of those weapons on the faction they dont favor or boost the equivalent on the faction they favored.

Also the NC was historically the faction with the most new players in PS2. I think you need to brush up on your history as your TR bias is kinda right in the open if you dont even know that despite your "experience" since PS1.

*I'm sorry I cant say that can I? No the Vulcan was just a meme weapon used by only the best of the best of players on the TR which was why it had more users than most other Harasser AV weapons combined and also outperformed them 2 to 3 times.
  16. waystin2

Um we all have been on the receiving end of a double Zerg. It sucks. You eventually will be on the giving end. Soldier up.