[Suggestion] Problem and solutions for hackers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Dec 5, 2022.

1. AntDX316

Not sure if it's 100% him but he does sound frustrated/upset at the problems on Cobalt. People do indeed care about their character, the game, but their server sucks which is why a lot moved from Connery to Emerald having to start at 1. It would be better if some people can pay say $100+ to server transfer like paying 1000 certs to NSO change home faction. It can prevent people wanting to destroy Emerald. He is saying on the video SolTech people went to Cobalt to hack/destroy it. He then joined the hackers it seems from Cobalt to Emerald.

It's truly bad though if people got banned who had legitimate characters. I've never hacked once on Planetside 2 as I've always been on Emerald but it can be unfortunately understandable those that are on other servers that are dying or have died come to Emerald and destroy it (our server).

I never banned/kicked people/hackers from my Platoons or say what should be done with them on chat as it can aggravate the situation. It's the devs to figure out what to do. Being welcoming can ease the situation. If they destroy the server with ddosing and exploit hacking, then it's bad for all of us of course. I think Character transfers for $100+ per server transfer would be balanced. It's more than just certs as people have directives, kills, and other massive unlocks that took hundreds of hours and more to do all gone becauses their server died compared to Emerald.

If the devs do nothing and the servers have hackers.. as long as we can play through then it's ok. We've won some alerts against known hackers on other factions running hard.
  2. Liewec123

The solution that I post every time is like /report on roids, the system is more effective and the consequences for false flagging is also even more severe, so this would be the thing that you only use for the hackers who don't give a crap about subtlety, the flying maxes etc.

/superreport is unlocked for an account when any character on the account hits BR100.
    20 superreports within 1 hour will ban an account for 24 hours
    Dbg can then check at a later time if it was malicious reporting,
    and if so, the 20 guys lose 2000 certs and receive week-long temp bans,
    several offenses gets you a permaban.

You would need to write a description of what the script kid was doing,
    and there would be a big red warning that false flags will get you a week long temp banned,
    remove certs and potentially lead to a permaban.
    "Are you absolutely sure? Do not use /superreport unless you are 100% certain, use /report instead!"
    "False-flags will result in a week-long ban and loss of 2000 certs, multiple false-flag violations will lead to account termination."

I feel like this is a pretty solid system, it's only useable by br100s,
    people with thousands of hours invested into the game, (a lot on the line!)
    20 of who are very unlikely to want to get weekly, or even permanent bans just to troll one guy for a day.
    And it is only a one day temp ban, if 20 idiots want to be banned for a combined 140 days
    to get me out of the game for 24h I say bring it on.
    And they will only be able to do this once or twice before getting themselves permabanned,
    So even if people do want to troll it will take thousands of hours to unlock superreport,
    and then all they can do is temp ban someone for a couple of days before their 20 accounts are permabanned,
    Yeah, seems pretty fool-proof to me!

On the other-hand a 24h temp ban is enough to get rid of annoying scriptkids,
    They'll appear, maybe ruin 1-2 fights before getting booted,
    no more putting up with their attention seeking BS for 5 hours.

Also superreports that don't reach 20 report requirement (leading to the tempban) won't do anything,
    Because even at BR100 there will be noobs who think everyone is cheating,
    who will ignore the big red superreport warning.
    If this guy superreports people for aimbotting, but noone else does, then literally nothing happens,
    No investigation, no backlash for false flagging, nothing.
  3. AntDX316

I highly disagree with 20x /superreports resulting in a ban. People can get group attacked that way. There has to be a video recording with a way for people to see it and appeal. When people are legitimately super hacking no doubt there is no question they are hacking lmao. Action should be taken immediately. This isn't something questionable where someone has wallhacks or not.
  4. Liewec123

That is why I would only allow it for br100+ (people who have thousands of hours invested into their account)
    Would you want to get your thousand hour account week-banned/terminated just to give someone a 24h temp ban?
    And as for appealing, it's only a 24h temp ban, you'd probably be back in the game before DBG customer disservice get back to you.

The way i see it, this system can't really be abused,
    because the punishment vastly outweighs whatever trolls might want to gain,
    lone trolls won't be able to do anything, and good luck convincing 19 other people
    to doom their long-time accounts just to give somone a single day temp ban.
    Meanwhile it would completely fix the issue of scriptkids ruining the game for hours.
  5. AntDX316

You should realize a lot of /command leaders can pool together to destroy whatever they would want right? Conflicts occur in /command at times, on voice chat but sure most of them aren't even ASP. It's still bad to have a threshold amount for an automatic ban trigger to occur.

You probably haven't experienced much of what goes on in multiplayer games. I'm not offending you on purpose but it's really a bad idea if it were to be implemented.

An example is in other games such as Dota 2 where some people are mad at their teammate and saying everyone should report him/her and tells the other team to report him/her for something made up. Other people can get blamed, people with better rapport get other people to report and the person gets unjustifably punished.
  6. Liewec123

and does that lead to everyone who false flagged getting banned for a week and then permabanned?
    does the reporting function require a specific level?
    apples and oranges.

fyi i've played multiplayer games for a loooong time,
    i first got into online multiplayer back in the early days of broadband with halo 2 on the original Xbox.
    (18 years ago)
    i know what people are like, they are childish and immature,
    hence why i would only allow the system to be used by people who have a lot to lose.
    (bold and underlined because you don't seem to be grasping that point)
    no mass reporting from throw away accounts.

but lets humour you for a moment,
    lets pretend you do find 20 people who don't care about the several thousand hours they've invested in this game.
    what can they do? get someone temp banned for a day or 2 and then all those trolls are GONE, their accounts are done.
    thousands of hours put into the game, deleted, all to troll someone with a 24h temp ban.

finding one person willing to throw their long-term account away just to get someone temp banned until tomorrow would be rare.
    finding 20 of them just won't happen.