Connery Server Latency - Community Survey - August 5, 2022

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Mithril, Aug 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mithril Community Manager

This survey is complete. Thank you for everyone's input. We will continue to monitor server performance and will message accordingly as needed.

----

Greetings everyone, around 10:27am PDT this morning, we made a few network adjustments to improve Connery's latency issues.

At the time of this posting 9PM PDT. we want to know what your experiences are playing on Connery during high population counts this weekend.

Please reply to this thread with the following at the time of your Connery latency check in. Remember, we're looking for reports during high population on Connery. Press the TAB key while in game to give us the ping info below. If the latency has gotten better for you than the past couple weeks / days then it's ok to report your positive findings too.

Thanks!

Local Time:
    Ping Range:
    Network Ping:
    Server Latency:
    Connection Quality:
    Gameplay Details: (what were you doing at the time of the check in?)
    • Up x 2
  2. ItsJustDelta

Local Time: 7-9 PM PST
    Ping Range: 42-45
    Network Ping:42
    Server Latency:59
    Connection Quality: Good
    Gameplay Details: Armor, then infantry for last 30 minutes. No lagspikes encountered at any point during the session.
  3. Dalgladil

Local Time: PST 9:21-9:39pm
    Ping Range: 21-32 (No spikes)
    Network Ping: What are you asking for here? What's the difference between ping and ping range
    Server Latency: 24-63 (No spikes)
    Gameplay Details: Sitting at Amerish warpgate, fighting on Amerish.
  4. DeathCaliber

Local Time: 3:46PM Australian Central Standard Time
    Ping Range: 187-191ms
    Network Ping: 187ms
    Server Latency: 196-214ms
    Connection Quality: Poor
    Gameplay Details: Just logged into the Amerish Warpgate

Since the demise of Briggs for us Australian players, we suffer terrible ping.

I miss the days of 30ms ping where hit registration actually registered and I don't get shot around corners.
    Is there anything you can do to improve the situation since we have nowhere else to go other than Soltech?
  5. Ceezel

Ping Range: 180-200
    Network Ping: 180
    Server Latency: 2000
    Connection Quality: poor-bad
    Gameplay Details: In large 96+ server latency would reach 1000-2000ms and become unplayable. Respawning into smaller fight resolved the issue.
    • Up x 1
  6. _delero

Spike 12:56PM PST Indar. Less than a minute in length.
    Client: ~3000
    Server: ~3000
    Bad Connection
    Fighting at a base made for mining near NC warpgate.
    • Up x 1
  7. limmoooepic

Local Time: 1am PST 7th August
    Ping Range: Normal Ping 140-160ms about 5 months ago when server wasn't broken as playing from New Zealand
    Network Ping: At time of writing ~200ms worse than 5 months ago when server wasn't broken
    Server Latency: 30000+ms got disconnected from server
    Connection Quality: Normally poor at time of writing bad
    Gameplay Details: Sitting at a massive overpop 48-96 friendlies 1-12 enemies. Everything started floating off into distance before disconnet
    • Up x 1
  8. WatchTheNinja

Local Time: 11PM
    Ping Range: 25-35
    Network Ping: 31-35
    Server Latency:42-45
    Gameplay Details: Went to multiple 96+ fights and had no issues through Oshur and Esamir server pop was ~850+
  9. WatchTheNinja

Local Time: 6PM
    Ping Range: 25-35
    Network Ping: 31-35
    Server Latency:42-45
    Gameplay Details: Large Nasons fight with all 3 factions 200+ players no issues, Server population ~700
  10. Dark Sentry

Are there requirements to post in this thread? I have people in my outfit unable to post (recently made forum account)
  11. Thumbs

Local Time: 2:00 PM
    Ping Range: 60-90ms
    Network Ping: 80ms
    Server Latency: 2k-30k
    Connection Quality: good
    Gameplay Details: Large The Ascent fight.
  12. Mithril Community Manager

Ask them to engage in posting replies in other parts of the forums first then have them try again. Some new posts might need to be moderated first but they would get a message about that if so.
  13. Good_Kitty

I'm Aws Pract certed and finishing my Cloud+ next week. If you need eyes.
  14. Gr8dad05

I don't know what my latency numbers are. The game lags so bad that I cannot even turn or move to check anything. OSHUR again tonight 9:00 PM to now the lag is so bad that the game is unplayable. Small fights, big fights, open field you name it. It will lag for approx 2 minutes and then be fine for about 3 more minutes and then repeats the cycle...nonstop. Logging out and back in sometimes helps, but this is getting old. This has been going on since January and as much as I love this game, I just cannot enjoy it. We try, we really do but this game lag leads to more rage than enjoyment. I played a couple of hours on Hossin prior to Oshur and there was literally no lag the entire time (pre & post alert start). Oshur seems to bring this on the strongest. I hope that the team can resolve this. 1 year membership is not getting used as it should. My apologies for not getting the requested numbers from the times this was happening.
  15. Warboss Thrakka

Here's one. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE HACKERS. aimbotters and other such cheats are more rampant then ever. DO SOMETHING DAYBREAK. Stop telling us you can't.
  16. paulpaner

Ping Range: 43-45
    Network Ping:40
    Server Latency:55
    Gameplay Details: Armor, then infantry for last 30 minutes.

17. shoguncawwill

i humbly request a reset for october the 26th of 2022 as the ping is jumping out of stable systems. do note that the ghost bastion needs cleared regulary as it leaves behind hard points floating on maps .
    Ping Range:45-60
    Network Ping:45
    Server Latency:60
    Connection Quality:good
    Gameplay Details: skiping and telaporting players of all factions
  18. zaidmughal

I'm not aware of my latency statistics. I am unable to turn or move in order to check anything since the game lags so badly. Again tonight around 9:00 PM, OSHUR is currently unusable due to extreme lag. You name it: little fights, large battles, open field. It will lag for roughly 2 minutes, then be OK for approximately 3 minutes more, and then the cycle will repeat itself nonstop. Sometimes logging out and back in is helpful, but this is getting tiresome.
  19. Robert Rebel

I'm not aware of my latency statistics. I am unable to turn or move in order to check anything since the game lags so badly. Again tonight around 9:00 PM, OSHUR is currently unusable due to extreme lag. You name it: little fights, large battles, open field. It will lag for roughly 2 minutes, then be OK for approximately 3 minutes more, and then the cycle will repeat itself nonstop. Sometimes logging out and back in is helpful, but this is getting tiresome. Even though I adore this game, I've been unable to play it since this has been going on since January. We genuinely do our best, but the game's lag makes us angrier than we are happy to be. I spent a few hours playing Hossin.
  20. VV4LL3

Press Tab (default), or look in your key binds to display the score screen. You can't navigate through escape/menu to a score screen that displays it... must be the hotkey scorescreen. (I know...)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.