Alert Start Conditions Make No Sense

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evil.Iguana, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Evil.Iguana

It should be purely population based. As soon as the continent has enough population for the game to be feasible the alert should begin. There isn't any reason for the alert to wait for one faction to achieve 100 territory score. For one, that means that relatively evenly matched continents can get stuck in a fugue state forever. Secondly, it encourages players to play poorly, ceding territory purely to ensure that the game can begin. Both of these are bad for the game.
    • Up x 1
  2. AuricStarSand

yes and no

Yes for Infantry players who want to move onto the next map.
    No for Ant players who only want to build before the alert starts.

I get that some players want to move sooner away from Hossin or Oshur.
    When I use to build as a ant, I never wanted to build silos when the alert started.
    I despised the alert timer when I wanted to build. & if they ever add more silo items, that theory would be more so.
    However I don't build with alts anymore, took awhile, so maybe I'd have a diff opinion for a short road base set.
    Still even for short road silos, I wouldn't want to build any later than the 1hr 30 min mark.
    I'd rather wait till the next map if I only have 1 hour to build & not 1 hour 30 min.

If you're at the same map every time you have free time, that's something else, I understand, rotation request.
    Motivating one faction to start the alert sure is easier, than trying to get all 3 factions to delay the alert.
    I'd suggest tossing the devs suggestions for how to improve the maps you don't want to stay with.
  3. RabidIBM

Agreed. As a follow up, starting an alert usually means agroing one faction. Had one on Friday where as TR I hit the NC to trigger the Oshur alert. The NC spent 90 minutes focusing down the TR while the VS flirted with 60% territory control because the NC were salty.