DEVS: 1 AM On Miller, Oshur, Dead server...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BloodyPuma, Nov 29, 2022.

1. BloodyPuma

Dear Devs, its not a rocket science, you dont have to hire big data analyst or run deep learning algorithms. Just read the server log. Yet another night that should be populated but it is not. Yet again, because of the same reason - only Oshur is avaible. Whenever its the only continent - people quit the game during a work week. As of now - there are two zones with 12 people, and few ghost cappers. The end.

And its not about work days. Whenever any other continent is avaible - people play till 6-7 am when new comes. Not much - but few times more - which is enough to maintain a fight.

As before - its not a rocket science. Oshur is pushing most people off from this game. Scrap it, rework it, return with it. If your ego cant handle it - just never allow Oshur be the only avaible continent. You are loosing a playerbase because of Oshur.
  2. AntDX316

They need to enable the Koltyr continent but I think people went to the Emerald server.
  3. BloodyPuma

3-5 am - epic fight 48+... on Indar. Point proven.

Half of post on official forum - anti-oshur, same on discord channels.
    People do wanna play, just not where you want them to play...
  4. Signaldooo

I always value creativity, and I find Oshur to be a nice new addition to the game. I'd much rather have unique climates than 24/7 Indar as it used to be back in the day before continent locks. It keeps gameplay more refreshing. It's like music - you don't want to listen to your favourite song every time.

Sunderers are the MVPs of Oshur. Keep moving them around to interesting bases and you will bring life into the server. Or bring your ANT and make a safe hub from your teammates to spawn and grab a vehicle from. Your mindset must switch from *must. destroy. everything* to one that rather allows for a good fight to happen. It is very rewarding, both for the team, server and yourself. Good luck, soldier!
  5. JibbaJabba

Put "continent rotation spires" in each warpgate.

If a percentage of the total server population stands within range of them, the continents rotate.

Impossible to do on a heavily populated server during the day.
    Easy to do during low pop on an unpopular continent.
  6. Botji

I think it would still be hard to make people stand there, just make it a vote instead at the terminal. "Want to re-align the WG to another continent?"

People could go vote, then go have a quick fight at whatever base while the other votes come in. If you have to stand there and wait I think even more people would simply quit and do something else for the remaining time they have that evening/night.

Would be really nice to get something like this at least because Oh-Sure seems to be almost guaranteed to pop up when its getting late and when it does it makes 90% of the server to leave, even if they would have stayed for another hour or two otherwise.
    • Up x 1
  7. JibbaJabba

Aye, my idea might not be salvageable. General idea though is to have some voting system for players that doesn't completely break immersion.
    • Up x 1
  8. Botji

I think its still your idea though, just suggested to give it a bit more QoL.
  9. BengalTiger

There should also be a rotation of bases that are active during the off hours. How many times can you do the Crown?

Why not have the paths from warpgates cross at the Palisade or Vanu Archives from time to time?

Then apply this logic to other continents.
  10. ChronicKiller2

to make oshur more fun i think player made bases should be able to be built under water so theres a reason to fight in water or go in it at all but the turets would need the range nerffed hard underwater