Uninstalling Issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by KripTed, Oct 25, 2022.

1. KripTed

When going into your installed apps on Windows 11 (think it happens on 10 as well) there's 2 Planetside 2 apps. When you uninstall one of them, you can't uninstall the other. It still stays in your installed apps. Maybe CCleaner can get rid of it, but I never tried.
    • Up x 1
  2. Mithril Community Manager

Try going through the game launcher settings to uninstall the game. (It's the little wrench icon on the bottom left)
  3. KripTed

I think I tried this and it still didn't work. I can try again. I mean it's not a huge deal, it just messes with my OCD a little lol.
  4. KripTed

So, I tried it. It doesn't work. There's still 2 PlanetSide 2 programs in the installed apps section. When trying to uninstall you get a runtime error. This been happening as far as I can remember.

[IMG]
  5. KripTed

It will just keep stacking up when uninstalling and reinstalling. PlanetSide 2 (2) (3) (4) and etc. It never goes away and fully uninstalls. The only way to get rid of it completely is to reset/format the PC/drive.
  6. Mithril Community Manager

Thank you, I've escalated this matter with the team for further review.
    • Up x 2
  7. KripTed

Thanks. Hopefully it gets fixed. It makes me not want to install the game sometimes because of the issue.
    • Up x 1
  8. MykeMichail

Same issue applies to Test Server.
  9. KripTed

10. tigerchips

Nope, i uninstalled every app and the reinstalled windows 10 while keeping my current files and the issue still persists.
  11. tigerchips

12. KripTed

Yeah and if you keep uninstalling and deleting it with ccleaner. It just keeps going (1) (2) (3) lol.