[Suggestion] NSX Tengu needs to be super buffed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Nov 29, 2022.

1. AntDX316

NSX Tengu needs to be super buffed as it's incredible garbage to use. It's slightly better than sidearms but going SMG means even th VE-S Canis is way way better than using that ultra garbage weapon. I'm ASP3 BR96 and I've never used something so difficult to get kills with. I wanted to get the Fujin knife directive unlock but it doesn't seem worth it. NSX Tengu should be Removed from the game or Significantlly buffed as it's a Super trap to use.

edit: I'm watching this video and I think I'm using it wrong or it got super nerfed?

I'll try using it like this later.
  2. Demigan

I've got bad news for you. As far as I can tell the Tengu has only ever received buffs since its inception.
  3. Botji

Its more limited than most SMGs and you can suffer from shotgun-RNG sometimes but like the guy in the video said, its not bad... It is 200-400 potential damage per shot after all.

Imo there are 2 ways of using the Tengu, you either go with extra ammo and mainly ADS with it which extends the range a bit or you slap on the laser instead and go hipfire everyone up close and personal + friendly reminder that SMGs are not infiltrator exclusive weapons and you might have more luck using it on a HA in some fights, just running and gunning it.

Though I do agree that compared to several other SMGs its disadvantages dont really make up for its damage potential. Its just one of those weapons thats more than decent in one or two situations but kinda meh or garbage any other time.
    • Up x 1
  4. AntDX316

I run out of cloak at times. The other guns can just outpu better results more often under more situations than this gun. I've had 2 NC run away and with a VE-S Canis I was sure I could've wiped both but I could hardly wipe One and I ran out of ammo. My KD was like 2:8 trying to get it work on on a bad spawn at The Ascent early in the morning that was kind of far from any action. I know with the VA39 Spectre or at least the NSX Tomoe I could've easily wiped at least one Easy in that situation and hid but I was super struggling and basing my impressions on those 8-10 deaths and the other guns I can get kills easily with. This was all before watching the video of course which could require patience and position strategy than the whole being anywhere and making it happen successfully.

Perhaps it's best to always look at a proper example on how to use before using but I was doing that with the NSX Daimyo and I 100% am not good with that gun. It's like strapping on At least 5 heavy handicaps while using it On purpose right out of Spawn. 3 shots, bolt-action, bullet drop, 325 DMG, are you kidding me?? lmao use the VA39 Spectre with the Ballistics computer and compare the two. If there were no other snipers to select than the Daimyo where you can headshot and get a kill it would make sense but there are so many other guns to use instead. The NSX Daimyo should be super Buffed too.

Maybe I'm just not as good as the ultra pro mousing players and the other guns are super crutching for me. I can't just experiment trying to get certain things to work as my KD will be 1:10 and I will be criticized by people when they look me up. The Deimos shotgun is bad too. It's like another world of bad trying to get bad stuff to work versus just using the right thing but for the sake of unlocking dumb*** directives than unlocking with certs, it has to happen. I can easily 6:1 other guns with Ease under more conditions than trying to get other things to work with like 1:10 KD. : ( Situations like, room clearing, short/med/far range, being behind people, being in front, etc. etc. etc. ASP3 BR96 I've seen and know so much but just maybe not with all infantry play styles of course.

For everyone who is curious:
    https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=antdx316&show=statistics
  5. AntDX316

I've tried the NSX Tengu just now and it's mega super bad. I'm never using it again. My ping might be too low so I'm at a disadvantage. My Network Ping is 17ms, Server Latency is 40ms. Probably stuff doesn't register correctly.