PLEASE... Take Oshur out of Rotation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Able1, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Able1

Please, Please Please, take Oshur off the rotation, or at least have another continent open at the same time.

I love this game, I enjoy to dip in during the daytime, when it's relatively quiet. However, when Oshur comes on, it remains in play for hours and hours. This is because no one wants to play Oshur, so we never get the pop to trigger an alert and so Oshur just remains in place.

I know I am not the only one who dislikes Oshur. Sorry Dev's but please listen to the community!
    • Up x 2
  2. Mocheezy

Log-in > Two continents open > Main continent full, second continent Oshur > log-off

This is how the game has been for at least 2 months. The game would immediately be a better game if Oshur was simply removed.

So the devs need to ask themselves a question, what do they care about more, their own egos, or making the game as good as it possibly can be?

The only reason Oshur isn't already deleted is because they put a lot of effort into creating that map. Nobody wants to put effort into something that is a failure, unfortunately this is what Oshur is, and the populations prove it. Once Oshur unlocks it remains open and unstable ALL DAY.

Ask yourself this question. In the past 3-4 months, have you EVER seen Oshur full on population while another map is sitting in unstable warpgate? On Emerald I have not seen this. Instead Oshur unlocks and the only people playing it are in queue for the real game.

The playerbase has spoken; nobody chooses Oshur when any other option exists, remove Oshur and the game will be a better game. The only reason this hasn't been done is because it would impact the ego of some of the developers.
    • Up x 1
  3. BloodyPuma

Oshur needs to be taken out and redesigned on test server with a very big playerbase guidance.
  4. AuricStarSand

Bump the threads with real feedback for how to improve Oshur. Enough with the " close oshur, stop oshur " threads. Map improvement:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...chtower-to-an-open-base-with-3-points.260079/

I personally like the fashion of Oshur, it has potential. Tho ye the vehicle fights still require some work from not being lane verse lane, yet more flanking, ramps, & bridges.

& esp the infantry bases suggestively require entertaining new bases, no towers or spawn tunnels, & better space vietnam purple tree field fights for infantry to hide & farm.

Still Oshur isn't the only map people want edits for:

The entire top right of Esamir isn't good for infantry fights, the entire bot right line of Esamir gets ignored 24/7, past Ymir containment. Nobody attacks the bot right warpgate lane & stays, only Elli tower gets action. Top left of Esamir is also ignored.

Hossin is missing a ton of links to get people off Nasons & most of Hossin's trees for fashion reasons, rather than gameplay reasons. Meaning Hossin would be best with 10 more bridge tree Ewok bases the size of football fields. Tree farms. Top right tree base for hossin or all tree bases of hossin are ignored or not entertaining enough platforms. More ewok stuff, more wookie bases. Most of Hossin's action is always mid, maybe not ness Nasons, yet some other region that's still tech mid. So suggest better reasons to travel outside of mid.

Indar is missing a better farm that happens between TI & the Crown, with the Rock Bridge, as well as a green grass field fight 40 yards south area of TI. As well as some better hills or patios from the north side of TI facing Hydropon. As well as a rework of the north hills 20 yards north of the Crown from not being a death trap for sieging sunderers. Also the top left of Indar is avoided to too easily ninja'ed & doesn't have good fights. I'd also get rid of Tawrich Tech in favor of other unique bases that aren't a tech plant & make fights happen at " The Stronghold " more often when the stronghold is ignored too often.

Amerish has too many high ground fights, either your at mid which is all high ground aka Lith. Then Ascent tower. Then Bastion tower. So really ground lvl Amerish fights are ignored too often Also for Amerish people want more tree to tree to tree infantry fights, so their missing a ton of Tree lvl infantry fights around " trees " & Yes I said the word tree so many times just to get that observation stated. Also Rivers, I'd like more Amerish infantry field fights around rivers.

& lastly warpgates for all the planets, require some type of trench network & better road system so that its easier to navigate to fully cut off the whole warpgate regions. Instead of just paving to 1 side of the warpgate & leaving once you get there. The warpgate roads from region to region when attacking a warpgate, require more roads to fully cut off all 3 lane regions. So far many of the roads people stop by the time they get there. Take trying to get from ARX to Jagged for example, your literally driving a sunderer through a out of bounds just to get to Jagged. & for some of us vet's, warpgate fights are better than winning alerts.
    • Up x 1
  5. DarkQuark

What do you guys expect from a game a decade old? We are absolutely fortunate the game is still going and the fact it gets updates is amazing. But instead of realizing that people complain as if it is a sport.

I myself hate the whining. It's a game man. Have fun with it. When it's not fun don't play. But whining incessantly just spoils it for everyone. Just enjoy it for what it is.
    • Up x 2
  6. BloodyPuma

The game is decade old because it is earning money, not because of devs good will. Old players hate Oshur, new players (esp at night) cant understand whats happening there as well as graphic design there is not apeeling. PS2 = massive combat. Massive combat = old players + constant fresh players. Oshur makes both logout.

In long run we need Oshur for game longevity. But Oshur not rushed O'Shi.. .
  7. AuricStarSand

I agree. I find the dev's amazing. Simply trying to help them with the next year of reminders is all. Lifes taking me offline more so lately generally speaking, nature and savings, play for events these days.

Tho ye some people whine, usually people who only get to play or are off work when Oshurs hours are happening.

PS2 is always gonna need better YouTube marketing, no matter what year it is at, or for PS3 sponsoring, all YT. SOE failed at that, then quit trying, & Rogue took over. Overall most games have had their pop fall, theirs just too many games out these days. Unlike the days of WoW vanilla.

The game already has plenty enough features for more new players. Keeping vets happy is something else.
  8. Able1

That's entirely the issue. When it's not fun, people dont play, and with a system that automatically pushes a new battleground timer when a player threshold has been reached, we get the same battleground for hours and hours.

In my defence, this isnt a whine, I am suggesting another continent be available in parrallell with Oshur. Until such time as Oshur is developed enough to become popular or fun.

But if I were to whine, as it is Oshur is a series of infantry fights that take place in complexes and excersize in watching player made structures get demolished before they even have a chance to be established, which is entirely normal across all the continents, but when you have points that are specifically designed to be suplimented by player created infrastructure, it becomes an issue. Combat in or under the water is so underdeveloped it remains a completely pointless mechanic, thus rendering 50% of Oshur completely pointless, with the majority of water based control points being taken by air units. The Alternative is to lower the alert threshold for Oshur.
  9. AntDX316

The way battles were when Oshur first came out were good but ever since the tank update with Quad-barrel Prowlers and Dual-barrel Lightnings, NC tanks that do insane damage when close-up is bad. You can only sniper so much with the new VS VXC tank mount unless it's uphill on Quartz Ridge Camp then I like it a lot.

No doubt a lot of time and effort took in constructing Oshur. I'm not sure why people hate it so much. I don't like the too many Seapost bases connected as it makes it confusing to know where to be. When things are just whatever it's quite discouraging to lead though, looking at ps2alerts.com for Oshur capture progression when it's quite balanced, people know where to be which is cool.

The floating Seapost capture points is horribly bad imo. The underwater caps are ok but there seems to be too many. It's hard to get spawns going as they either get blown up too fast or die on the way. Walking ultra slow under water, the scenery was cool at first but eventually gets old. It's like playing the Normal game but at like 0.25x speed.
  10. DarkQuark

There is no point where everything in the game will be perfect. It is essentially, at this point, a living thing that evolves over time. I am sure the devs try to make as many happy as they can but obviously pleasing everyone is impossible.

I understand constructive criticism, that is for sure needed. It helps guide the game. It's just the dramatic complaining that helps no one.

Personally I like Oshur. Yes, it needs tweaking as do other things and I am sure over time that will happen. Does it keep me up at night? No. I play when I have time and when it is fun. Sometimes the game annoys me partly because it has its issues and sometimes I just hate getting farmed. So in those times I stop playing and I go do something else but I don't let it ruin my day.

I think if folks just understood the situation for what it is and relaxed a bit they would have more fun.
  11. Botji

The reason I dislike it is that its heavily focused on vehicles but all the islands are sized for a game with 12-24 players in it + the lattice connecting bases very much promotes making massive zergs. Its hard to do any sort of roaming attacks with ground vehicles because there simply isnt any terrain to move on and while you can become a submarine and slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly make your way around the islands under water to flank, that still puts you in close range the moment you pop out of the water with little to no way of knowing if anyone is around there or not.

If you get spotted by a Valk/Liberator you are even more dead under the water than anywhere else since you move like a snail, cant fire etc while they just half-submerge and shoot you through the water no problem at all unless you are in one of the really deep spots that make up like 2% of the map.

Also if you are using the new VS Perihelion I hope you realize that charging it up, shooting and reloading it takes close to 8 seconds. Its DPS is really bad making it yet another VS piece of equipment that is only really worth using if you have a group to help you.

Though it is half decent on a Lightning since it has the stats to make it work, kiting, long range fire and then speed to get to and around the targets cover with a smallish profile to have some hope of surviving doing both + more able to use it against infantry.
  12. Ray7

just take oshur out and fire whoever wasted resources on that
  13. Botji

Thats a bit overkill, they could salvage a fair bit from it if they imo made the map a bit larger and removed/merged several of the islands and bases.

I think it could be a cool map if it worked like the Shattered WG event area with lots of no-mans land on the BIG islands themselves where vehicles could roam around and players can set up PMBs. Make the factions fight a D-day type of battle to get a "beachhead" on the islands so they can push forward to the few but large dev placed bases.

Perhaps the boats would see some actual use too, throwing infantry onto land.
  14. melioa

the new Planetside2 Arena is............Oshur. :(
  15. ChronicKiller2

i think one way to make oshur more playable is to let player made bases be built under water so theres a reason to fight there just make the turets range have a hard nerff under water