Latency hits Emerald

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OneShadowWarrior, Nov 18, 2022.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Not even prime time

• Up x 3
  2. Kablooey

Dear Devs. Same issue we had for months up until this summer on Emerald. Fluid gameplay is the only thing that will prevent this game from having another birthday, yet you continue to inject it into every patch -- this should have been noticed during the test server phase, no? I have no idea what is causing it in the current iteration (but I suspect it's due your obsessive desire to have a new spawn system -- though I'm hoping its just something else for your sakes). The upshot here is that we're back to not being able to trigger overshields, cloak, or fire a weapon without a significant wait time. This makes cloakers useless, and frustrates pretty much everyone else. Please look into this. I only shudder what will happen Friday/Sat/Sunday night with 2x xp. The lag started the day you dropped the patch...so, it's not a coincidence.
  3. Grandizer

Every update to something induces terrible server performance. The thing is, Emerald server hasn't been stable for a while, even when it's not prime time, so this makes it worse.

Went in today around 4pm, 2 continents opened and neither full, with server latency at over 100ms and spiking to 580ms and up. I left after a half hour, unplayable.
    • Up x 1
  4. Yaesu

Same here. I really don't get it. Why keep introducing stuff that makes the game less playable? I cringe with each new patch and this one, with the spawn change, just sucks.
  5. Daemoclies

My friends and I were going to start streaming this game on twitch but we came on and every time we tried to do anything there was like a 2 second delay it was very frustrating and we left after 25 minutes. We find it despicable that these problems can't be fixed or eliminated. I suggest stop changing things and updating things and actually try to fix the problems.
  6. Grandizer

4:30pm EST on a Sunday, Hossin lag between 50ms and over 600ms, with Oshur opened and of coarse nobody wants to play it.
    Can't fire a weapon properly, can't rez or heal. Self heal shown not healed after multiple attempts. OS comes down and then 5 seconds later, is the announcement to take cover, then another 8 seconds later the OS hits.

It's laughable really after 10 years.
  7. Daikirai

Honestly has anyone found better settings for graphics with the new changes to mitigate this issue or something? I mean my FPS never dips so I'm sure that's not the issue but it has become borderline unplayable at most fights now, but I'm hoping to find some small nugget of a chance.

With the Amazon drops right around the corner this will be a disaster for new players to log into. Imagine seeing a free item, logging in for the first time and getting this latency. I know I would have zero hope for the game that's 10 years old and is this unstable. I would have expected massive optimizations over the course of 10 years to make it super fluid and smooth. It's a sad state of affairs.
  8. Mithril Community Manager

Greetings everyone, just wanted to let you know that we acknowledge the issue and are looking into it.
  9. Jx9000

Would be nice to know what is causing this, is it server related? is it client related? is it ISP related? because im getting lots of ppl saying they dont have any issues and others complaining this exact issue all the time...
  10. Mithril Community Manager