[Suggestion] Change Mirror Bay Watchtower to an open base with 3 points?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Nov 15, 2022.

1. AntDX316

Change Mirror Bay Watchtower to an open base with 3 points like Sunken Relay Station is on Indar to remove the constant population dump there.

Also, Bathala Garden needs to be changed too to be more open than being on 1 side of the closed circle building.

Maybe remove both and make it a combined hybrid underwater and above terrain base but make it where people cannot spawn there.
  2. shoguncawwill

lets swap the locations of mirro bay to the Bathala Garden location. and Bathala Garden to where current location of mirror bay?
  3. AuricStarSand

[IMG] Toss Pommel Garden even more boulders, entire region is boulders, no grass.
    [IMG] D day style dev bunkers, caltrops, fences, uboats, machine gun nests. When?[IMG] A base built from boulders, more the merrier, navigation boulder hideouts.
    [IMG] Underwater base design help.
    [IMG] Alien submarine.
    [IMG] Fresh air bubble domes.
    [IMG]Kelp Forests more kelp.
    [IMG] Scifi research flooded floors.
    [IMG] Underwater stair fights.

Mirror Bay you say. Rid the tower. Build a mountain across from Centri Mining's bridge facing Mirror Bay. Where B point is for Mirror Bay, now a mountain is there. Why? Well over that bridge from Centri Mining rains tank shells that destroy everyone, who sets shop a sunderer amongst that B hill. So the " B " hill needs a mountain or wall. Also I like the idea of Mountain verse Mountain bases.

Toss Mirror Bay a base design from Outfit Wars. Have it lead some flooded tunnel warehouse to the mid lake. Than toss Astira a similar ramp flooded tunnel. Wakan is now a base as well with a vehi term, not just some meaningless beach for Ant's. All 4 regions of mid surrounding the lake have EQUAL link fights. So people aren't just farming 1 side of the mid regions, they are equally all fought at. So 48vs48 only happening at Mirror Bay isn't gonna happen like that. Instead you have 24 at Astira, 24 at Pommel, 24 at mid lake, & 24 at Mirror. Even battles. Even links.

Then add way more kelp forests to the mid lake, so much infantry are able to hide, allow Infils to have a weaker version of invis underwater, so they are half seen, not seen, yet seen more easily than land invis is.

Mid lake is capture the flag & it runs from mid lake to Pommel Gardens boulder infantry areas. So you run the flag from mid lake to Pommel. Yet it only caps mid lake. As Pommel Garden is a boulder navigated path infantry farm, without parking sunderers on the grass near the boulders, yet all of Pommels grass deployed areas are now more boulders for infantry boulder paths.

Astira has added way more boxes & warehouse areas to it, able to flank from all sides, plus flooded tunnels. & Astira is now a deathmatch area. Yes deathmatch for astira warehouse box fights with flooded tunnel flanks.

Mirror Bay is a outfit wars double bunker fortress.

Wakan Beach is a D day Normandy dev made bunker hill with dev made wire fences, dev made land mines, & has a vehi term. Machine gun nests.

Make Seaports worth infantry fights & make seaports x4 the size they are. May have to reevaluate the entertainment value of Trident's, to make Seaports more worth of infantry fights. As Seaports & Tridents are both ignored more so these days than they were.

Then take the ring that " Sage Labs " has. No, not the door to door stuff. Just the Ring. The Ring with the 2nd floor with windows, where the middle A point of Sage Labs are boulder runes. So yes x4 that ring & put that somewhere. Make 4 of those windowed ring areas that Sage Labs has, yet stack the rings together. So it's mostly a window 2nd floor fight, that leads to a middle outside ring of boulders. Yet x4 of those rings together.

Aka no hallways fights like the Trident or Interlinks have. & no towers either.

Just unique fortress warehouses, 2nd floor windows, 4 sets of stairs, jumpads for fighting mid air, forests, trench, bunker, a maze of boulders, & starship trooper base styles.

Where is the forest fight at? Where for Oshur is their sooo many trees it hides all infantry? Not a single region.
    The trees are 1 tree per half a mile. So no forest fight happens. Infantry want to hide.

Lastly, Mountain bases with more than 2 routes to the base. So everyone doesn't get stalled at 1 flight of stairs to enter the mountain base or leave. Kawahtee or Centri Mining haven't enough flank. Meaning 8 routes that flank the new mountain base. May keep Kwahtee or Mining the same, yet give the new mountain base more flank. More paths & more mountain bases.
    • Up x 1
  4. AuricStarSand

Bump for 1 out of 2 important threads I spent hours writing yesterday & then logging off for the day.

Some friendly reminders.

If Interlinks, Tridents, & Seaports were good enough for infantry fights, then people wouldn't be logging off for Oshur hours. & this isn't a personal opinion, just what I believe is general stuff.

How to make Interlinks better? Well spawn room not to walk 40 feet down a hallway, to reach a screen that's too near the A point. For starters.

Then the door fights to Sage labs for example or outside area's aren't good enough, only the " Ring with boulders & 2nd floor windows " is good enough. So door fight mini ramps bad, Open A point grass fielded ring with 2nd floor windows good. The building fight is good once you get inside the ringed building. However the fight at the doors leading to outside of the ring, isn't entertaining.

The Trident's were built for deploy galaxies & not for infantry obviously. So keep that with mind when building, is this for infantry? Or is this base just to use some niche vehicle slot for the airpad? How to fix Trident's so infantry won't log off? You'll have to ask your players that question, I'd suggest elevators & 40 flights of stairs, airpads half the size of football fields heh with lots of boxes. I'd still ask the players, they are the ones dissing Oshur more than I have.

Seaports would be best if they were x4 also the size of a football field, had 4 floors of stairs, & kelp forests underneath them. While the run to the sea floor A is under the seaport & not half a mile next to it. Also seaports require a way for teamates to board Corsairs without jumping over the railing & missing. heh.

Eagle outpost requires a bridge to that warehouse.

Centri Mining requires some stuff so that infantry also fight outside of the mountain & not just the under the mountain. So less flat fields for silo's, more dev made structures for infantry fights outside.

Haven't really had good fights near the Oshur warpgates, don't remember any tbh. Eagle Outpost is too tough to hold. & the warpgates have too many flat fields nearby for Ant's.

Overall just all the flat fields for ant's would be reworked to supply infantry with space vietnam jungle fights & ant's will just have to find some sideline area to build. Without making the region some crop field as if it was " Stardew Valley ".

I'd also get rid of many of the hills vehicles aren't able to get over or fall off of. The hills mainly so that Corsairs aren't able to shoot land vehicles, is too niche for a reason to have that many hills. When most of the time the hills themselves don't equate to better vehicle fights, quite the opposite, your sunderer falls off & you slowly travel 2 min to regain yourself to the hill where the real fight is. Nor are the hills tall enough for esf's to hide, so I don't really understand the logic of the hills, other than making the islands appear more like islands.

If you do want a few regions that provide air cover to esf's, why not a few regions with super tall mountains. Tall as the sky. & then some horizon fog.

All that would take is 2 outside new islands added to the map, that have 2 giant mountain bases, with a bridge linked between them, the mountain provide better air 1vs1 fights for pilots & the mountains provide super infantry farms with many tunnels & waterfall exploration.

Lastly again I really like the idea of " Astira " being a deathmatch for warehouse box fights.
    • Up x 1
  5. AuricStarSand

Bump. Fell to forum page 2 too soon.
  6. AntDX316

• Up x 1
  7. AntDX316

The underwater lantern/ornament hamster playhouse style underwater would definitely be cool as long as it doesn't have like 50 people covering the entrance like during that Oshur base mission event which is this video that someone made:

This was fun at times but like, underwater bases like this should not have entrances like this. Maybe multiple ways to spawn at an underwater facility with no water?

Would also be cool if you can go in and out from no water to water but be able to see and shoot through the water area. Like a spawn room exit to another building but instead of just over ground air its water.

It would be cool if they add a river and stuff, under toe style to make it crazier like a storm, scary but operatable.

The environments creating some sense of fear or serenity would increase the immersion than how it is now.
  8. AntDX316

For the river I meant ocean.. river isn't deep enough but it could also be?

The game engine is so good to be able to handle 750-900 with nearly no lag. More maps, better environmental immersion and other things.. there has to be a way to get more funding though as well as marketing. Hopefully people didn't log out thinking they are bad because they think it's a pay 2 win. The implants and other things don't give too much of an advantage.
    • Up x 1
  9. AuricStarSand

I'd enjoy rivers farms.

A river without a current & a river with one. The river with one, would pull people similar to how the movement tunnel under the spawn room of a tech plant pulls people to the tech plant. So people are pulled amongst a river current & get to shoot each other.

& then another river that doesn't drag people. for infantry farms.
  10. AuricStarSand

Marketing seems they only have patch trailers. I don't know how well they are with the whole getting YT stars to review ps2, tho I've offered my ideas for who. Bedbananas *cough* Lazy Peon *cough* Josh Strife Hayes.
  11. AntDX316

bump, for post #6 recognition..