[Suggestion] Removing map quickpull for vehicles was a bad idea.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JibbaJabba, Nov 17, 2022.

1. JibbaJabba

Removing map quickpull for vehicles was a bad idea.

My apologies to dev for not giving feedback on this while on PTS. My bad.

I wanted to see how it would really impact live. I've seen it now and I hope the opportunity for feedback hasn't closed.

I am not digging it at all. The game feels more tedious. It's not really impacting the nature of the fights. It's just an annoyance or chore. Please revert.
    • Up x 7
  2. Botji

I am kinda liking it actually, it brought some life and action to places where you might not expect there to be. People sabotaging/camping the vehicle terminals is a fairly valid tactic now.

Also seen some people 'fix' the problem by setting up routers near the vehicle terminal to help everyone get there faster which I thought was a nice idea, its at least a +1 thing for PMBs and they deserve any +1 they can get.

Perhaps there could be a middle ground with a semi-long timer on quick pulling vehicles so people can do it every now and then but after use you might have to leg it to the terminal. Kinda like how the quick action works.
  3. JibbaJabba

Sabotaging and camping the hacked or destroyed terminal was a valid tactic before. This doesn't change that.

All this does is reintroduce sniper camping of terminals which is just a generally ****** gameplay experience that gets in the way of fun.
    • Up x 4
  4. Botji

What if they think your vehicle is just a generally ****** gameplay experience that gets in the way of fun though?

Want to remove that too then?
    Its not like you are stuck in a loop of running and dying at the terminal until you quit the game because there was nothing you could do about it. There are a few options available just as there are for infantry being HESH farmed etc.

Harassing a major vehicle hub and everyone trying to pull vehicles might be the most fun gameplay someone has had in PS2 for years if they are really into that kind of stuff and I say let them have their fun, if I absolutely cant deal with it I can just pick a different base with 0 enemies in it and pull my vehicle in near complete safety, might still be AI/AV mines to look out for.
    • Up x 1
  5. JibbaJabba

False equivalence and a non sequitur, Not buying it. There are going to be a lot of things "not fair" in planetside that are unavoidable or things that people don't like. This is an unfair interaction that is both avoidable and not necessary for the game.

The camping of a terminal is a crappy gameplay experience. Objectively. Here's how:

The game:
    Player one wants a vehicle
    Player two wants to get free kills.

Two players, two possible outcomes each.
    If player two loses, they don't have fun. :( If they win, they have fun :)
    If player one loses, the don't have fun :( If thely win, they also don't have fun :( It was just pulling a vehicle /shrug.

So with the 4 outcomes call it 75% ******.

That little "dance" in planetside is a stupid gameplay mechanic. Most game designers try to avoid a "camping" situation. Here we have added it back in on purpose.

And what about the warpgate? WTF is the purpose of that not being quickpull?

This is a dumb change and should be reverted.
    • Up x 3
  6. G.O.A.T

It's a great idea...No more safe spaces for vehicle players who have it way too easy.

You actually have to go out of the spawn room and earn that vehicle, meaning, you better control that space/have situational awarness when getting a vehicle.....Get good, this is planetside, no safe spaces for anyone.

Yeah dude don't cry about getting killed when getting a vehicle, and you wanna talk about crappy game experiences? alright lol....Vehicle players don't cry when some poor infantry is trying to change their weapon in a sundy terminal, you still insta kill em, now that's a crappy game experience...or when you spawn and get insta killed by vehicle, now that's a crappy game experience........and now you are crying because something similar can happen to you? LMFAO

This is a great change because it will mean less vehicles who will camp on infantry....So in a whole, this actually balances the game out quite nicely...It adds more strategy to keeping vehicle terminals clear/safe, now people getting vehicle needs more situational awareness and need to "own" the spot, and now the attackers, know where to stop all to those vehicles effectively....So yeah this is a great addition to the game.

Also anytime somebody dies/kills specially in a camping situation, someone has fun and someone doesn't....that's planetside as a whole, this isn't a unique situation or anything lol.....I guess all Planetside gameplay is crappy according to you, and most of the time vehicle farmers are the ones giving the crappy experience, killing people who have just spawned or are busy trying to change things in terminals.

Get good, earn your vehicle...this is necessary to the game, it adds consequences to getting a vehicle, the way planetside 1 used to be, and the way it should always have been....Get good, earn your vehicle....no more easy mode.
  7. Touchmaballs

Says the infantry player. As far as am concerned you have to be a combined arms player to even have an opinion on this. Action packed vehicle straight into the action or having to deal with infils sitting there waiting for free kills.
  8. G.O.A.T

Im a planetside player I used vehicles/bastions/everything....and anybody can have an opinion on this because vehicles affects the gameplay of everything, stop trying to exclude people from having opinions.

There's darklights/etc, plenty of ways to counter infiltrators....You will need more control of terminals now....earn it.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

color me frigging surpriced .... .... like not at all ...
  10. TR5L4Y3R

except it´s not the problem that vehicles are too strong, it´s a problem that infantry lack propper AV capability and Maxxes lack surviveability ... map or terminal pull you can always siege the vehicle spawnpoint ...
    and the attacker may already have superior vehicle presence were the defender can´t ..

rocket launchers and rocklet rifle need to deal more damage (or rather tanks and the harrasser having less resistance) ..
    Infils and medics should also get access to the rockletrifle as aprimary weapon, all infantry with maybe the exception of the LA should get AV grenades that deal propper damage ... and UB grenadelauncher need more ammo and support though ammunitionspouch

this is stuff i have asked for years ... and dbg is doing nothing on that ...
  11. Botji

False equivalence and a non sequitur, Not buying it(that quickpull does not change the validity of terminal sabotage as a tactic). There are going to be a lot of things "not fair" in planetside that are unavoidable or things that people don't like. This is an unfair interaction that is both avoidable and not necessary for the game.

The camping of a base is a crappy gameplay experience. Objectively. Here's how:

The game:
    Player one wants to fight in the base as infantry.
    Player two wants to get free kills.

Two players, two possible outcomes each.
    If player two loses, they don't have fun. :( If they win, they have fun :)
    If player one loses, the don't have fun :( If thely win, they also don't have fun :( It was just spending a bunch of time flanking a vehicle or standing around with AA /shrug.

So with the 4 outcomes call it 75% ******.

That little "dance" in planetside is a stupid gameplay mechanic. Most game designers try to avoid a "camping" situation. Here we have added it back in on purpose.

This is a dumb change and should be reverted, remove vehicles entirely.

.... You see how bad of an argument your own personal likes and dislikes are?
    There will obviously be people who are of the exact opposite opinion and they could just switch around on you like this and now you are arguing against your own argument if you dont agree with them to remove all vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  12. VV4LL3

I think it made the ghost cap game a lot harder to pull off since it forces players to physically go to the base they're spawning from.
    This adversely affects smaller group play.

Large Outfits aren't really affected -- we just pull, rally, and move out as normal. Didn't really change a thing for us. The delay on pulling is inconsequential, as that time is compressed into the rally phase of an armor column.

Smaller outfits, squads, in particular, are slowed down and lose agility in operations.

Do I personally like it? Sure, less ghost caps to back cap, since the smaller/pug groups are forced to spawn there to pull vehicles and will be dragged into a fight.

Do I think it's a good idea for the game at large to slow down armored combat? No. Not at all. Tipped the scales towards large outfits even more.
    • Up x 1
  13. JibbaJabba

This is where the charade of flipping the logic ends. Winning an infantry engagement is fun. Winning "not dying while trying to use a menu" is not a particularly rewarding or fun thing to have in the game. Try to see my point here.

Nope. Your example is 50/50. Zero sum game for sure, but fair and fun is always had by ONE (at least) of the participants. UNlike the example I gave where it is just fun for one at the expense of the other.

No. See above. You missed the logic. And the nature of the response is a bit condescending and immature. Not sure if that was the intent.

I explained something objectively in good faith. Some experiences are also universal so not really a personal like or dislike. For example.. Dying in a menu is a universally ****** experience.

Not dying while using a menu isn't something considered fun other wise I'd skip planetside and just use my start menu all day.

You disagree? Then help me understand. In your own words if you don't mind.

If you actually want to make an argument to remove vehicles from the game by all means do so... maybe in another thread... :p
    • Up x 2
  14. OgreMarkX

BOOM headshot! LOL 360NoScope420Blazin! I RULEZ!

Dere go yer nanis when I INFIL BOOM SUPA SNIPE YA at Terminal. u die B4 u pull cuz I snipe but u still lose yer nanis!

GamE DeZine!

LOL, ROFL.

I RULEZ!

HESH SPAM DA SUNDY PULL SPOT! SUPA TANKA! BOOM SPLATTER YER DED!

g4/\/\3pL4y!

LOL ROLFMAO PSFISU STAT KAY DEE ARR!
    • Up x 1
  15. Scatterblak

It was a great idea. It's a huge impact on fights, since it now requires lazy players to develop more situational awareness. Now, it's a risk going to a terminal instead of just pulling armor magically from inside the spawn. Anything that adds some of the realism back intot he game is a winner, IMHO - hopefully, they'll pull the sissy-crutch that is the kill-cam next.

16. OgreMarkX

Exciting update. I was so excited to run to a distant terminal at a great base design that I logged off to play something else!
    • Up x 3
  17. JibbaJabba

"I want people to put their head in a box and hold it there so I can have kills without skill" is not why this change was made.

I understand why it makes you happy. I get it from the guy who's sig says "all inf, all the time". Thumbs up to you sir. You know what you want and you say it. I acknowledge your opinion and respect your right to have it.

The sniper vs outdoor terminal "bait" game has always been alive and well at contested bases. Damn right people better have situational awareness.

This isn't about that.

This is about a chore. It's in effect everywhere, even at the warpgate. it has no impact on zergs, but impedes cohesive squads. It encourages direct spawn rather than pulling spawn logistics. This is exactly the opposite of spawn behaviors they are trying to achieve.

Please revert.
    • Up x 1
  18. melioa

this game keeps on going from bad to worse, while we still have a certain YouTube person/guy/thing in charge.

any other job....they would have been fired a long time ago, or would have never been hired in the first place.
    • Up x 3
  19. JibbaJabba

Damn dude vehicle players got you tilted. Like wow! But maybe settle down and don't go full blast.

I'm an infantry player.

I primarily pull Galaxies and Valkyries, and sometimes Sundies.

I want this change reverted because it's a tedious chore particularly to small cohesive squads that have to move fast to compete with zergs. This game doesn't need another reason to be tiresome.

You want the change kept. So you can exact some kind of revenge on vehicle players? Probably because you're bitter about your AV weapons being nerfed into the ground years ago. Just guessing. I don't think that's a good reason to keep this change.
  20. LodeTria

Who the hell is running up the tech plant to pull vehicles. It's probably faster to just pull from the WG and fly than do that rubbish.
    I also like the pulls where the pad is so far from the terminal, if you check for mines you have to press U and run to the terminal again.