[Suggestion] 12 Caps is too much. The new CTF is it's own game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Nov 17, 2022.

1. AntDX316

12 Caps is too much. The new CTF is it's own game. Look at the map. It's like Bio Labs way way back. Everyone goes there and no where else. It should probably be 7 max with a far longer run.

The smaller bases should be 4-5 caps max. The flag should also spawn faster after it has been captured.
    [IMG]
  2. AntDX316

It seems balanced.. at least at Indar Ex. Amp Stations.. I'm not too sure though. Need more time to find out.
  3. Botji

Idk how the other continents are but having played Esamir with a bunch of them having multiple connecting bases I can say with 100% certainty that its one of the worst possible experiences.

Because they do not work like a normal base does, if you hold all the points in a normal base and are 1 second away from capturing the base, it does not matter if the defending team starts a backcap on your connected base. You have the point and the timer is still going until they secure the point, sure you can not flip a point again if they manage to secure one but if you have it you have it.

CTF bases though, nuh-uh, they dont follow that rule. The instant your connected base starts being backcapped the CTF base freezes, the last flag carrier might have been 1 second away from securing it.

Does. not. matter.
    Now you(and most of the others attacking the CTF base) have to redeploy to your own base to secure it and guess what? Now the CTF base defenders can zerg the crap out of it and nearly instantly wipe out any progress on the cap. Or they can just keep putting pressure on the backcapping connected base since as long as that base is being contested the CTF base is 10000000000000% secure.

This is so bad in so many ways but mainly because for all continents where these CTF bases have connections to more than 1 base it means the ones owning them can completely ignore defending the CTF bases and instead throw everything they have into backcapping the enemy connected base as that instantly secures the CTF base, no matter what.

Another horrible thing is that quite a few of these CTF bases have the flags spawn either completely out in the open or in very small buildings.

I guess the devs never heard of HESH and such things, one would have hoped they had learned about it by now. Or I mean, grenade spam or whatever. Its quite ridiculous that they put in these things that massively promotes LOADS of people to stand really really close to each other in a very very small space and they do not take all of the high explosives into account.

Seen both single brick of C4, quick AirHammer and Prowler HESH each probably quite easily net some dude like 10-15 kills because thats how many people were just sitting on the flag spawner when they blapped them all in an instant.
  4. OSruinedPS1

I thought there was going to be a big patch to shake up the meta, what gives.
  5. MUTALISKUS

now everyone is running for the flag in a crowd. and no one else is interested in anything
  6. AntDX316

Last night.. on Indar Excavation Site, the 12 caps is balanced. I think amp stations could be less? or at least the Conduit moved?