Nov. 14, 2022 - PTS Update

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by RPG_Wrel, Nov 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPG_Wrel Lead Designer

The Public Test Server has been updated with the following changes.
    --
    Download the Test Server client from this thread after reading the Test Server Policies: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...st-test-server-policies-download-link.114038/
    --

Capture the Conduit
    • Added HUD indicators for the Repo, Podium, flag, and flag carriers.
    • Fixed an issue where audio would sound muffled after holding a conduit.
    • Adjustments to flag locations at certain bases will come in a later update.

Visuals
    • We've disabled interior sky lighting and are going to put it back in the oven until it's ready. If we can work out the issues, it'll land in a later release.
    • Darkened the floor texture so that it is less blinding on low quality settings, and reduced glossiness.
    • Lightened some of the especially dark times of night on Hossin, Esamir, and Indar.

Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
    • Warpgates should no longer show up as the default spawn location when more preferrable spawn locations are available.
    • Fixed a collision issue with the warehouse structure model.
    • Removed the anti-vehicle areas in Ikanam, which prevents the Chimera from detonating. Vehicle bollards have been added to the facility entrances.
    • Chromeshine Camo should now exist on PTS.
    • Updated the Subterfuge directive end-date string to Dec. 04.
    • Fixed jump jet particle effect location on anniversary items.
    • The Cert/DBC display on the righthand side of the Depot is no longer out of place in the bundle preview.
    • Disabled Tessellation in the UserOptions.ini
    • Cleaned up Chimera and Colossus death explosion FX.
    • Up x 3
  2. Nighda Venesis

It would be nice if the smoothing option could be reworked into letting us type in our own fps cap (like the mouse sensitivity options) given how performance seems to have increased as much as it has with these builds. sitting idle I now get more than my monitor's refresh rate with my preferred settings, but I refuse to cap it at only 60fps. I'd like to save on wattage and thermals where appropriate. The playtest seemed pretty great to me. The rules for CTC weren't entirely obvious to me though; it would be good to have them explained clearly in the codex. I think I got it, but there's a lack of certainty. The striker was bugged during the playtest; the projectiles didn't home in on nearby aircraft. I found out while trying to deter an airhammer. It didn't end well after I watched the rockets barely miss.
  3. Amador

These patch notes still don't include the removal of the unavoidable "YOU HAVE REWARDS TO CLAIM" screen notification. This should have long-since fallen under the "Show tutorials and hints" Interface Settings where it can be disabled via a checkbox, or simply fallen under HUD Indicator Settings with its own option.

Its annoying and there's already an exclamation mark "!" provided on the Missions icon to notify the player to begin with. This is just yet another redundant and useless notification which takes up screen space in a game notorious for littering the HUD with icons.

[Suggestion] we need less stuff in the HUD
    [Suggestion] Disable "You have rewards to claim" HUD pop-up.

Not the first time this issue has been brought up. Get rid of it.
  4. shoguncawwill

request for futue revisions to these posting is the version name of test. insted of just pach name to keep track of incase of mutaple patching is required in the future.
  5. SA badshah

The version name of the test is request for further revisions to these postings. instead of just the patch name to remember in case multiple patches are needed in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.