Sound Bug/Dropout/Displaced

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grandizer, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Grandizer

So we posted this a while back this year and told "looking into it" and would like to know what progress is there on the sound dropping out? This happens during one alert or maybe an hour into the game, maybe 2 hours.

Tonight On Emerald the lag was bad, again, we were counting down the OS in the yell chat cause it took forever. Then the sound bug kicks in. earlier today playing 40 minutes into an alert, about 7pm or so EST, sound bug starts, can't hear your weapon and game sounds disappear or are displaced. Weapon fire from enemies has no direction, it's just muddled in the background.

I mean it's 1am and there's another sound dropout after a hellatiously laggy session prior and the continent isn't even full.

Every time there's something done to the game there's another issue. Sound bug for the last 10 years but worse after Oshur added, FPS issues we complained about after the arsenal update, FPS drops now with the Halloween update, dropping massive frames for no reason, again. Game isn't as smooth on Emerald. Textures, mountains, walls disappearing in tech plants to name one. You can take a step and the entire scenery next to you is a light blue nothingness or the entire building is gone. Take a step back it pops back in.

So is anything being done with the sound issue?
    • Up x 1
  2. J0hnTitor

I've had this happen to me almost daily. The only solution that i've found is restarting the game =(
  3. MUTALISKUS

I think it happens when the server is overloaded on the miller yesterday it was also
  4. Grandizer

Nope it happens regardless. I mentioned above at 1am it was doing it with 2 continents opened and both under popped. Look at posts about the sound bug. On Emerald it's been worse since Oshur was released and if you are in Oshur and finish an alert, it SEEMS to happen quicker. I've been getting it within one alert which I never had happen on totally full continents, until Oshur came out.
  5. Mithril Community Manager

Greetings, this bug is still recognized but with current resources the team is focused on other matters. This bug is however on the radar. Sorry for the inconvenience it is causing.