[Suggestion] VR Training changes NEEDED

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by J0hnTitor, Oct 24, 2022.

1. J0hnTitor

Hello Planetsiders, here's a list of things that I think would make a huge difference in QoL for all of us not only in the VR Training but during normal gameplay given we were actually able to train in the VR:

- Building types: We need buildings of every type in the VR, so that outfits can practice strategies and rehearse tactics.

- Weapon Availability: Auraxian weapons should be available to try out in the VR, so players new and old, can figure out what weapons to prioritize instead of just going by stats that they find online as a decision maker. Right now, players are just "hoping" that they like the weapon that they are working so hard to unlock. We should be able to test it in the VR to make sure.

- Invisible walls: I have no idea why, but there are invisible "walls" inside and surrounding the VR Test zone; so when you try to shoot let's say a missile, it blows up right in front of you, but then the projectile keeps going to target. When you are trying to shoot a weapon to test range/accuracy, its SUPER hard to do so, as your screen will be flooded with the shot flash making it frustratingly hard to aim, if you want to avoid this you have to go outside of the Test Zone... but then you can't test from that height or you can't refit easily as you have to go back each time.

- Tracking Missiles and deployable equipment: Tracking missiles don't work on VR (they don't track enemy vehicles and therefore you can't shoot them) and you can't deploy for example engineer turrets/gates, etc. If we are to use the VR Training zone to TRAIN, we need to be able to deploy and use everything... how else can we test out things in a training/teaching capacity??

- Moving Targets: It would be AWESOME if we could get an area where there are moving targets for each different infantry speed (crouching, walking and sprinting). This will help people figure out weapons and their bullet speed to train on how much to lead shots with said weapons.

If you want to retain new players... you have to give us the tools to teach them in a safe environment. If we can only teach them in live fire situations, they are going to get stomped on before having the tools to even out the playing field a bit... and quit playing in a heartbeat.
    • Up x 6
  2. Mechwolf

Kinda surprised this hasn't been on here sooner.
    • Up x 1
  3. J0hnTitor

Yeah idk how they haven't implemented these QoL improvements by themselves and need us to come to the forums to point out the obvious.

Devs please help out with this!
  4. J0hnTitor

Bumping for visibility, Devs I hope you read this =)
  5. AuricStarSand

Help them learn how to use Ambusher jet la.

Have those jets free for lvl 1's & make safefall not required to lower fall dmg for the jets.

Also low lvl people need to learn how to park a sunderer without driving it straight to the battlefields most active zone or scene. Yet they learn how to drive around the main hot areas, to park around the sides of a base, region, or hill.

Not enough low lvl people park sunderers, I'd also make stealth sunderer easier to cert for. Deploy shield is just as good as invis sunderer, yet invis sunderer spends 3,000 more.

Nobody is able to defend their sunderer with a basi, so I'd just give Invis sunderer for free when they hit BR 30. That way I don't have to /yell at all the medics to drive a sunderer.
  6. ycluk

Planetside need a major new player learning experience overhaul, and it should top priority for the dev, not new features or change.

The game has so many little details here and there, but there's so little information about it.

There are so much stuff that new players need to have to practices. VR probably doesn't even provide 10% of it, also tips and tricks that vets uses should even be taught in the game tutorial.

Without making the new player experience learning curve a lot easier, it's just hard to grow the game population/popularity.

If I can I will sue Daybreak for cyber war crime for throwing their soldiers into the battlefield practically without any training. Mentor squad isn't a 1 bit enough, none what so ever.
    • Up x 1
  7. AuricStarSand

Amen. All the new players don't know how to drive. They play medics. & that's it. & they don't just play medics for the extra certs. They don't know how to drive.

I bet 90% of the new players won't drive for the first 4 months of playing. They probably all have their Lightnings or MBT's die too soon.

Teach them how to park sunderers & teach them how they need to redeploy a new sunderer after the first one dies. How to defend their sunderer verse LA. & how to defend a sunderer with HA launchers, if a enemy lightning is shooting the rear, since basi turret is weak.

Do they know deploy shield is better than not having it? Are they able to unlock invis sunderer at a early lvl?

Harassers ratios are tougher, forget telling noob medics to get a harasser. Eveyr noob who defends any mid region is gonna stay infantry, they aren't gonna go vehi term to defend Nasons or Watersons. Harasser a guide how to kite outside the range or MBT's, hit & run.

When I first started playing, I believed Harassers sucked for a entire year or 2. From paper hp & requiring gunner. I didn't drive. Now I'm the best harasser driver of my server.

Ambusher jets aren't used like I said, nor drifter jets. I've told allies many times to buy ambusher jets or try drifter jets & still nothing. For pros; the bounze grenade would be better if 10 nanites per bounze, not 50 nanites. That way people want to use drifter jets. 50 nanites is worth 1 kill, a bounze doesn't get you 1 kill not at all, so should be 100% less pricey. Punisher gives 2 bounze for free, why make punisher mandatory for LA, kinda over having to have punisher as my only 2ndary gun, just to enjoy ambusher jets.

Ye everything for new players would be better advised if they were all able to fight vets. My vet playstyle is straight kamikazee hah. Yet ye some other fps vets may be head shooters to avoid. The devs know how vets peform from outfit wars, so noobs need to know how to assault door frames.

Why does nobody amatuer or pro, use mana turrets? If 100 allies & enemies are at a region, zero guys are using mana turrets often. I'd make mana turrets more entertaining to use, have special optics, & a guide for them when fighting door or stair fights.

Telling noobs that vets die often, should be a statement shown everywhere. As I don't know a single vet on my server, who still doesn't die many times. So dying should be seen as normal. Yet not every noob may understand. Noobs should go for just trying to attain 2 kills per one death, for the first few months, & not view dying as a problem.

Heavy assault requires a player guide for how to use multiple weapons better. Infil a sneaking guide how to be patient near boxes & watch where the enemy is looking. Lastly some way to make Engi more of a infantry fighter, via better utility options than just some utility walls.
  8. J0hnTitor

Definitely agree with the driving part lol, I'm not new, but I DREAD getting into an esf... even thought I would LOVE to be able to do it. Its just that I haven't found a way to make the keybinding work for me.
  9. Yaesu

Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I also question weapon performance/damage in VR compared to game play. They are not the same.
  10. ycluk

I don't think the weapon performance are different, but the network signal for live server "may be" (I am not sure) different than VR.

I have seen few times already, there was no enemy infantry in front of me, then they could suddenly show up at point blank range. I believe it's network issue, and I don't think the other guy cheats. Also, we were NOT at any heavy fighting area, so there's no heavy load for the CPU/network.

I have seen once a dude that trading shots with me could disappear all a sudden with nothing in between us.

Many time, I see some dudes can walk/run or even seem fire faster than others. Often I got 2 pings then I am dead as if their weapons (not sniper/scout rifles) can hit 500+ per shot which is impossible.

Sometimes, it feels like what I see of the enemy players are like 1+ sec behind what they see me. There's something wrong with the network code, but I don't know exactly what it is.
  11. BengalTiger

Airplane physics need a rework period.

Other than that, I'd add moving vehicles to moving infantry for target practice.
    Folks really don't know how to hit airplanes and such.
  12. weska

I thought about posting it before but knowing Gamer Forums I figured there be more than one person saying "no the vr training is fine and the problems shouldnt be fixed" with some insanely stupid justification.
  13. AntDX316

I was asking for moving targets way back also for the removal of teammate targets. There is no need of every buidling type in VR. There is no need to rehearse the game in the game as there really is no penalty.
  14. BengalTiger

Aren't there some buildings tossed about near or in Warpgates?