[Suggestion] Anniversary Map Switches

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Johannes Kaiser, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Johannes Kaiser

Since there'll be 10th anniversary in a few months, I had an idea that should appeal to the nostalgic veterans. Make it so any of the old maps (Esamir, Indar, Amerish) has a X% chance of being an older iteration instead of the current one whenever it gets opened.
    This could be limited to the anniversary only, or maybe even extended indefinitely, with a lover chance of happening than during the anniversary.
    • Up x 4
  2. Johannes Kaiser

Just bumping this in the hope it gets seen, as judging by a new thread I am not the only one who'd like to see this or something similar.
  3. melioa

i would love for 'Old Indar' to come back. i used to love the old 'NS Material Storage' including the choke points!

and i miss the 'Land/Rock bridge' between 'The Crown and TI Alloys. who ever decided to remove that from the game was an incompetent Idiot.
    • Up x 1
  4. Johannes Kaiser

I'd like running about on 1.0 Esamir again. First continent I've set foot upon almost 10 years ago. Oh, I used to be soooo damn bad at this game.... :D
    Seriously, if the old files are still there, I suppose it would even be easy to implement (from the perspective of someone with no programming experience, so I may just be dead wrong): Give a new continent opening odds for every single map except the one that was just closed (and other ones that might be open). Say current Amerish just closed, so there would be 15% Oshur, 15% Hossin, 15% current Esamir, 15% current Indar, 10% 1.0 Amerish, 10% 1.0 Indar, 10% 1.0 Esamir, and the remaining 10% split between other older versions, since there were more than one. I went with 1.0 version having such comparatively big odds because it's those maps that are now about 10 years old.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pikachu

Remember what it was like to defend Saerro Listening Post. Tanks sitting on the surrounding hills bombarding you from all angles.
  6. VV4LL3

I'd prefer the devs work on content that fix and refine the game for existing issues vice reimplementing outdated content that was replaced for obvious reasons. /hateme
  7. Mechwolf

It would be a breath of fresh air, but I've since stopped playing on PS4 since there's been no updates since April
  8. Johannes Kaiser

Not everything was good, but this is about wanting to step through a time machine for a while, for memory's sake. :D
  9. Mechwolf

For some reason I keep thinking somebody deleted the old maps though.
  10. RabidIBM

Careful, his fans are as easily triggered as Elon Musk fans!