Audio Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NasaRulz, Oct 6, 2022.

1. NasaRulz

The audio bug has now been accelerated with the latest update.

It would take at least five or six hours of play before the audio would cut out. I was logged in for an hour and the audio was gone.
    • Up x 1
  2. bleydbr

For years I've been having that same problem. I am obliged to close the game and open again to fix !
  3. OneShadowWarrior

Yes, getting that sound glitch right now on Emerald as NC at Nasons. Can't hear my weapons fire not my enemies.

I think it has something to do with USB connection to sound Daybreak is producing with signal by digital. I never have this issue when I use analog plugins. It sort of make sense, Planetside was designed when analog sound was mainstream.

I have a pair of Klipsch speakers that have all types of inputs, When I use USB the sound will cut out on Planetside, it never does it with analog connections.
  4. Yaesu

Since last patch, besides losing sound, when I start losing my sound I'm starting to notice a general delay in other aspects of the game. On my stalker, after dropping a mine or tossing a grenade, I tap my key to cloak and it take a bit longer to actually cloak. On my engineer, a delay from when I hit the key until an ammo pack actually drops. At terminals, a delay from when I hit the 'E" key until it comes up. A delay when switching between weapon and motion gun. And like the sound issue, if I close the game, relaunch, everything is good again. Anyone else seeing this?