[Suggestion] Gross faction imbalance suggestion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CDS72, Oct 10, 2022.

1. CDS72

I would like to suggest a way to address situtations such as an imbalance of a 35% - 22% - 41% maps and that is a dmg buff to the smaller faction that only kicks in if the smaller faction has no territory further out than 2 hexes.
    Furthermore the imbalance has to be one where the smaller factions or faction has to be more than 3% under what the largest faction has and or what the larger 2 have combined.
    It should be along the lines of 50% damage increase or a combo of dmg % and dmg % reduction that kicks in when they are at the 2 hex marks away from their warpgate and if they push past in any direction the buff goes away.
    • Up x 1
  2. Mechwolf

There's been a lot of discussion on increasing HP/resistances near warpgates recently
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

No, no and no.

At no point should an individual player be punished just because other people also joined the faction. In fact from what I can see it happens more often than a faction imbalance starts with the opposing factions leaving (and NOT rejoining another).

Getting punished for that with tougher enemies is not the way to go.

The way to go is to make being outpopped FUN. I dont understand why that concept is so hard to grasp for some people. Dont give out straight buffs, but add sliding mechanics that improve the QOL for the players being outpopped.

So your vehicle spawns are being camped? Give people who are outpopped access to ANVIL's (what they were proposed for!).

So it just became harder and more expensive to use forcr multipliers like vehicles? Add a nanite discount that increases as you get more outpopped! (And with all these mechanics, they ramp up over a short time period to prevent sudden population differences from instantly powering one side).

So it just became impossible to leave with all the spawncamping going on? Let players exit the spawn through other means! Like a mancannon that has an increasing range the more outpopped you are on the roof of the Spawn or a terminal inside that lets you launch yourself as a drop-pod in an increasing radius around the spawn and perhaps outside the base as well.

So it just became impossible to clear and hold the points to the base? Add an attrition mechanic that adds time to the cap timer whenever you destroy or kill something of the enemy, letting you slow down or even stall a capture despite being outpopped.

There are solutions that help the outpopped players have fun and be capable of playing even when outpopped. Punishing players for being in the high pop with bulletsponge enemies or other downsides like waiting lines will NEVER EVER be a good idea.
    • Up x 1
  4. Cosomos

True you should not be able become some one man army when you are out popped, you should be equally mortal at all times,
    but I suggest that speeding up a respawn when outpopped by some proportion with a fixed tiered system and maximum reduction.Slowing down the faction overpopping is not a easy option as it can lead to weird scenarios at lower populations,
    but maybe a mechanic like spawning in a new territory has a 1s cooldown-que(meant to clear quickly) to the next player so platoons trying to move to defend a base will be throttled a bit, and be broken up upon entry or delay their assault to group up.
    I think that Anvils is a bit much, but for the discount I actually believe giving them Nanites and Exp faster(no more than double at extreme overpop) it will have a better impact, as it will entice players not to just sit their, but to try to fight back, while enticing players to come and help.
    Although this means they could get a increase in the frequency of tossing grenades and MAXes, they are still capped to the limits of a normal single player each life and can continue to fight at with their maximum loadout more often.
    I believe giving the Base Spawn Tube a 5 second hold interact key to drop pod centered on itself, would be the best option for allowing players to break out of the spawn room. This attrition mechanic is too vague and dragging a cap out could also be annoying and frustrating to deal with.
    Maybe giving a boon to the attackers if no defenders get into range of a control point after sometime(1m), the cap timer starts to increase over time while capping and decrease overtime while uncapping. Then their could be an exp reward for being the defender to break that streak and even small/occasional ticks of capture exp to all attackers in that territory while active to let them know it's happening. It would need some hud indicators that this is happening too and to identify which point it is. It could lead to attackers trying to keep players away from the building the point is in by dispersing and not just huddle around the point, while giving defenders a side objective that might actually help distract the attackers from spawncamping.
    Although this might be hard to stop if a zerg is happening, but it allows for a single infantry to simply get on that point for even a fraction of a second to stop it and make a difference.
  5. Exitus Acta Probat

No, the game shouldn't and has no right to artificially balance things in that way, it would ruin the game.

I personally play all factions, and when I login I always choose the under dogs unless I'm playing with friends then I play whichever faction they choose

Of course when I'm playing NSO it's supposed to automatically put me with the "underdogs' but sometimes I have my doubts, possibly unfounded though they maybe
  6. FIRES

This reply of mine covers a few things.

The idea of QoL for being underpopped should be considered. While I agree with the nanites discount I disagree with the idea to have your loadout as infantry more open to abusing things like grenades. More grenades equal more imbalance. A discount of vehicles is one thing but there should be NO discount for infantry supplies. You shouldn't be implementing things that people will find a way around. I like the idea of a "Mancannon" but it should send us to a location that is protected to some degree. Like a 2nd warpgate but not completely shielded. Much smaller of course however it would force overpopped factions to split their numbers. Allowing the underdog to actually mobilize without being camped as much. Giving them a chance to fight back.

I am an NC player from day one and I have been here for quite a few years now. Each of this games factions keep being given some kind of weapon that simply further imbalances the game. "Good" or bad doesn't matter. Imbalance is imbalance lesser or greater. We need to stop with the gimmicks. Give the factions weapons that aren't based around horribly useless lore. This isn't an RPG where lore based content makes sense within the games own world. Most of us even without speaking out are sick and tired of the continued release of unbalanced weapons. Weapons with not enough testing. The NC MBT weapon would be nice if it worked in more situations than I can count on my hands. VS and NSO shouldn't be given weapons that turn their tanks into sniper rifles that more than half the time I can't even locate because they are too far away. And by the time I find them I am on the death screen...

The devs need to listen to us more. From what I can tell a good deal of VS didn't want a sniper tank. Some of them don't want an easy mode. Everyone is suffering atm with the NSO and VS. Even the VS versus the NSO is ridiculously stupid. Tanks blowing up left and right because they wind up ambushing each other with full charges or just find a high rise and wipe eachother out that almost always now end fights before they even begin. It isn't fair for even the VS vs the NSO to have these kinds of fights. However these situations are of their own making.

These gimmicks are killing the game. Players are getting fed up with this stuff. Releasing content in a game like this that isn't properly tested before release is what makes your already smaller player base leave. This isn't fun right now. If I see Magriders swoop in on TR and NC territory fights 10 territories separated from VS front lines, I just leave and go fight somewhere else. I can't be bothered to pull a 450 nanite slow clunky Vanguard that dies on small ledges because the tracks don't touch the ground simply to be blown up from 700m away then why pull that kind of tank atm anywhere near high elevations the VS and NSO can camp outside our ranges. Which this game is littered with high elevations you can drop anvils on to just sit completely unopposed killing everything they can see isn't fun or fair. NC and TR shouldn't be helpless at such far ranges. At least the TR have more rocket based weapons. You think the every day NC player can manage a 700m fight? I can make 700m+ shots with our AP but I am almost forced to sit completely still otherwise I have to adjust for even more movement based bullet drop which makes me a duck. Making these 700m+ fights with NSO and VS nearly unplayable. If they've got the new weapons at 700m+ then our Vanguards almost immediately lose.

This isn't fun to play atm. I bought membership after the NC MBT weapon was released so I could max it out sooner. I am not subbed unless something comes out I really want to use sooner. I have only used it a handful of times and only a few of them were any use. I wish I hadn't bought membership. I should of clicked "try it" but that's my own fault lol. Live and learn I suppose...

In short we need to stop with the game content released based on lore or improperly tested mechanics/weapons. That will be the end of this game. Us as players all have some kind of breaking point. The devs just seem like politicians who refuse to listen to their base and continue to do what they want regardless of who suffers for it. I don't need to see politics in a game I should be having fun in. Just stop it already...