Stop the auto death because you're close to an enemy base

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by pnut, Oct 9, 2022.

1. pnut

Hey,

Remove the function that slowly kills you because you are nearby to an enemy base.

If you want, keep it for inside the base.
    But not for the 10-20 metres around the outside of it.

Let the people attacking get into random positions. Being auto killed by the server just, isn't satisfying. Let a player shoot me.
  2. karlooo

I never really understood the spawn protection. It is a weird system because what it really does is help the spawn campers do their thing by keeping them at a safe distance from the enemy spawn.
    Mines shouldn't be anywhere near lattice bases IMO, terrible design, also the devs are morons for letting it be placed in front of vehicle terminal spawns. Mines and C4 should talk some time to deploy, instead of it being tossed in a way equivalent to throwing a chocolate bar wrapper on the ground.
  3. RiP0k

Just remove spawn rooms.
  4. pnut

"It is a weird system because what it really does is help the spawn campers do their thing by keeping them at a safe distance from the enemy spawn." - Yeah. Actually; I agree. Get rid of spawn protection completely.

"Mines and C4 should talk some time to deploy" - excellent point. You should have to sit down. and maybe take 1-2 seconds to deploy it properly.
    I know this will make it more difficult to kill tanks with C4. So people will need to use anti-vehicle grenades. They might need to make the anti-vehicle grenades more powerful again vehicles. (I saw they did buff them a bit recently, hopefully it was enough to make them worthwhile).
  5. pnut

What do you mean?
    Have the main home spawning locations. and then the rest of the map you have people building bases? and thats how you spawn around the place? from cortium run bases?
  6. Demigan

Yeah! So spawncampers can stand around the corner of spawnroom doors and kill people even easier! Also you can place mines around corners for cheap cheap kills! Hurrah!

You know what would be a better idea? Making Spawnrooms not be deathtraps. So how about we add some means to exit the spawnroom without the attackers being able to accurately predict how and where? Then there's no need to stick around the spawnroom and try to farm it and no need to complain about a system designed to partially stop spawncamping Aholes.
  7. RiP0k

Literally delete spawn rooms. Leave only the ability to respawn through all available options except for respawn rooms. One spawn point should only be on the Warpgate.
  8. RabidIBM

I played this game before it had those larger exclusion zones. Not having them didn't hurt the spawn room commandos, it motivated players to stay in spawn. The thing is, whoever left the spawn room first acted like a mine sweeper, but to flush out whoever was camping the reverse angle of the door. The larger exclusion zone was a band aid solution that stuck. What we actually need are spawn rooms that are more difficult to camp. Any place it could be camped from needs line of sight to a window to clear that spot. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Stat forts!
    • Up x 1
  9. MonnyMoony

I don't mind the pain field so much - but IMO it should be more consistent in size and possibly visible.

Sometimes you hit a pain field and can get out of it quick - other times it seems to go on forever, to the point you can be killed by it.
  10. MonnyMoony

Yep - I have been saying this for years. Most bases are kill boxes and a lot of bases have spawn teleporters that teleport you to the building right next door to the main spawn room - I mean what is the point.

Perhaps the pain field should be expanded so that artillery shells explode on impact with it, much like the citadel shield. Still allow small arms through - but tanks shouldn't be able to sit on a hillside half a mile away spamming heat at the spawn room doors and effectively hemming the defenders into their spawn room.

More bases should have tunnels out of the spawn room or teleporters that take you to further out parts of the base.
    • Up x 1
  11. JibbaJabba

Try playing at a different fight instead.