I give up.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yaesu, Sep 10, 2022.

1. AuricStarSand

I run adrenaline. So this requires Ammo printer. Yes you have to be behind the vehicles. Killing infantry is a gamble between if it'll take 2 or 3 hits, with explosive bolt. Seeing as explosive bolt may take 3 hits to kill some infantry & many more to kill a vehicle, they really didn't give the weapon enough ammo (same for heartstring, 18 or 24 ammo is nothing, often miss lots of hits verse infantry).

The drop rate takes time to learn & the arrows fire slow, & they are beady. The bolt seems large, tho is actually rather tiny to get the 2nd hit off. I've played Hunter on & off for years & I barely get killstreaks with the pistol itself & yet I still practice with hunter. It's obviously a average pistol, as most people tried it & didn't keep trying heh. May score a 2 hitter kill, tho its always the killstreak that gets stopped after a few kills. It's tough to get more than 2 infantry kills with hunter, bekuz its a very patient weapon & I play like a wild man.

As for dueling vehicles? Well ye it's more for shooting them while they are busy. While they view elsewhere. Or when they are dueling another vehicle, you add extra dps to help the lone ally. Or else you may try to duel a tank solo, it takes a number of shots, & you're able to at least get the lightning or mbt to run away. You may also knife them, when they are repairing & they didn't run 100 yards away first. Or try using catwalk & just jump over tanks, go invis, troll them, & try to dodge tank shells. While asking enemies for spare ammo. TBH if you really want to duel vehicles as a Infil, you wouldn't use stalker. You'd go with hunter cloak, then equip a Eidolon battle rifle, with underbarrel attachment grenade launcher 0/3 ammo. & hit the tail of a vehicle with a few grenade launchers first (or use Tranquility scout rifle, tho that rifle for some reason only gets 2 launcher grenades, while Eidolon gets 3) . & then finish with explosive bolt.

P.s. Would like a regular fantasy bow style, new pistol.
    • Up x 1
  2. Yaesu

Isn't it though?! Esamir is a fun spot. Prowling any of the hills surrounding some of the bases is always good for sniper kills. Trick is staying in range of a base so you get credit for taking it and any kills you can get. Here's some irony for you. Before I started playing stalker, mostly played engineer, I HATED Hossin with a passion. Now it's one of my favorite places as a stalker. Namely Nason's, in between the main spawn and the building that point 'B' is in and all around 'B'. You can ALWAYS find snipers in the mound directly south of 'B' and at the sides on top of the rocks. Hide under the big tree and watch the path from 'B' to the entrance to 'C'. Great for hunting other stalkers and anyone else you want to get credit for. Constructed bases. Hide yourself at an opening to a base, put down prox mines, postion yourself near the entrance looking toward lighter colored backgrounds. I find I can see stalkers better as compared to dark backgrounds. Then there's the NSO infiltrators. I'd be screaming as a NSO. I've literally seen NSO's motionless. They need to work on the NSO stealth. While running, stealthed, you can see them without any issues from distance. It's bad.
    • Up x 1
  3. Sumowning

Correct on Snipers/stalker, but for SMG/Bolters/Scoutrifles other issues come into play.
    Overall: You have 100 less health than your enemy, meaning if you lose the element of surprise. Equal skill level means you're dead.
    SMG: Has abysmal range, to a point where most pistols have less drop-off than an SMG. You literally have to stick in their mouth to be be effective. If there's more than 1 target? You're screwed, unlike bottomless mags of LMGs or 1-tap shotguns you usually can kill 1-2 people at most with a mag.
    Scoutrifles, are more of a threat with Heavies than Infils due to scoutrifle requiring prolonged exposure resulting in death to counter snipers or other fire.
    Bolters: As much as I dislike getting one-dinked in the head from 10m away, I can't deny there's a moderate amount of skill that goes into it. Regardless, it's a lot more than LA ambusher + one-shot shotgun at point blank. As for the counter, sightlines really. and if there's one who can flick you from within 5m, then really they're just skilled.

I know right, don't you love sidearms outgunning a betelgeuse heavy? Surely it won't result in death xD You know how many people are using the ability to put a sidearm in your main weapon slot and run 2 sidearms?! It's OP, gets a lot of use as well..

Or remove the ability from people whine about cloakers, and force them to put in some effort to learn counters. Problem solved.

Clientside peak? Like peaking around a corner with a one-shot shotty?

The whole point of Darklight is to force the enemy Infil to engage you, so it serves it purpose. How you choose to respond or handle that, is an issue on your part. Plain and simple.

It's not invisible, never was, never will be. Every class has 'clientside hit detection'.

Ah yes, that's why all the competitive players run infiltrator. Oh wait, they don't. They run Heavies with LMGs and a 4+ KD.
    What about live? Oh wait, more Heavies.

If Infiltrators could shoot whilst using an ability, now THAT would be cause for an uproar.. Like Heavies? Oh what if Infiltrators got an extra 450 effective HP at the press of a button? That would be crazy. Or maybe something that completely nullifies the shield from a Heavy, surely the Heavies wouldn't mind that.

The player dies to an infil, due to bad choices. You're not tired of hearing L2p, you're tired of infiltrators catching you off-guard. People are mad at infiltrators because it's the class that punishes others for their mistakes, such as lack of skill, awareness, or positioning.

They serve as a wake-up call of: Maybe I could work on my awareness whilst farming these low-BR newbies with my Betelgeuse, so I don't get killed by pesky infiltrators
  4. Sumowning

I play on Miller too, he's being overly dramatic. So no, it's not true in the slightest.
  5. JibbaJabba

Yes. You cannot clientside peak someone while using a darklight. The surprise is 100% lost. Someone will see the cone of light coming and use it to time their own shot. We do it all day every day to people dumb enough to use a darklight.

I choose to handle it by utterly dunking on the noob using a darklight that gives away his position even when behind a wall.

correct. But you won't accomplish it while using a darklight.

Furthermore with the cloak you can execute a clientside hit without even a corner to hide behind. You can do it from the middle of the room, top of some stairs, in the middle of an open field. Other classes need a corner to gain "peekers advantage".

PIL and competitive events typically restrict the number of bolters per team because they are too powerful.

You'll find the complaint of the entire post is there are too manly infiltrators.

You can.

You can decloak and kill your enemy before the network gives them a chance to react. You are **effectively** firing while invisible.

Your ability does this. It completely nullifies the shield. See above. Decloak and kill them. The heavy's skill (or lack thereof) only comes into play if you miss. LA, Medic, Engie all have to deal with the HA shield. Not you. If you find yourself as an infiltrator dealing with a heavy shield it's because you played your class wrong. Funny that considering what you say next...

The infiltrator is a broken class and has been for a decade. It has the highest KD across the board of all classes.

It's not that I'm tiring of hearing L2P. I'm tired of hearing L2P from people who CLEARLY don't understand the game. You seem unaware for example that you can fire while invisible. Yet lecture about skill.

Re-read the OP. This player is not here complaining about the Betelgeuse are they? So what ARE they complaining about?
    • Up x 3
  6. Mechwolf

When it comes to the PC version of the game, Infiltrators are much harder to see than on PS4.

They're not the best class, but they do stand out the most when you die by them because it's a character that appears in front of you before you die as opposed to every other class that blindsides or just outguns you.

Some people have addressed the problem already, the way the textures are, you actually need a hardware upgrade to see them as well as other players, and THAT is the problem. When it comes to SMG infiltrators, they're too invisible. All it takes is a simple change in texture, or a change in cloak speed when it comes to any cloak variant that isn't stalker.

Stalker definitely isn't the problem, you lose half of your firepower to be able to surprise the enemy, that's an equal tradeoff.

PS. When most people hate on Infiltrators, they just want to delete the class entirely, or nerf them into oblivion, and usually it's heavy mains that are frustrated that have a rival class.
  7. Piska

Yes and no. I think no one have a problem, that infiltrators can move from one spot to another unseen. The problem is how they they attack you from invisibility or to be precise, how fast.

The whole point of Darklight is to force the enemy Infil to engage you, so it serves it purpose.

So you're saying in that clip, that player made a mistake and start shooting the only visible enemy on the screen?
    Than the player got caught off-guard and get ambushed from behind left right above offscreen front of his face becouse of bad positioning.
    Agan look at this clip and say there's nothing wrong about it.

I'm a engineers main and i also was playing on miller and migrated to emerald because of miller infiltrator manifestation and specially on NC side. I rather play with triple the ping than playing in base when 50% of enemies are infiltrators.
    • Up x 4
  8. Yaesu

Here's a new one I've been working to perfect. Stealthing your way up to your victim without being detected. Face to face, some 5 feet away, or closer, unstealthing BANG BANG, you're outta there. I picture the player practically jumping out of their chair, "How did they get THAT CLOSE?!" New venture in funtime.
  9. AuricStarSand

I was wondering yesterday if enemies are able to see /say. The white words? Enemies see those? I wanted to make a paste that says " You're about to be knifed, kneel if you want to live ". Yet nobody seems to know if enemies are able to see /say.

Till then asking them for spare ammo, while whispering behind their back is good enough. I wish we had more emotes to use. Theirs not even a " Retreat " or " Good Shot " emote.
    • Up x 1
  10. Yaesu

Hmm, I don't know that either. I know they YELL at each other. Yeah, a key touch *sound* or a phrase after taking someone out would be pretty neat.
  11. JibbaJabba

OOOH - and even better if your recursion announces "welcome to planetside .... rage quit" right???

LOL. In any other game this would be griefing. :p

Skill to execute on your part for sure. Very intense and fun experience too. But when does the other player get to exercise skill or do they just get to die without being able to take actions? Basic skinner box psychology tells you that's *objectively* not fun.

What a stupid f'n game mechanic.
  12. Yaesu

Exactly JibbaJabba! Because it's happened MANY TIMES to me while playing other classes. It ISN'T ANY FUN. Precisely the point of this thread. I just didn't have a clue how bad it was until I created a stalker and planted myself in spots to watch as they passed by. Hossin, Nason's, between the building point 'B' is housed in and the entrance to 'C'. I watched as 12 infiltrators passed me by and those were the ones I detected. In less than one minute even. That's when I decided to take out my frustration on the object of my frustration by hunting mainly other stalkers and snipers. Buuuuut, if I come across another class just standing or crouching there, I'll pop them too. A kill is a kill. LoL
  13. JibbaJabba

:)

Fun is typically subjective so hard to bring up in an argument.

But we know from just lots of psychology that certain things are universally "un-fun"

If a player makes some series of actions or decisions it will have some outcome. Good outcome. Bad outcome. If Good, that's fun. But if bad it can still be fun. The player "learns", adjusts, and tries again. The reward after iterations becomes enhanced.

So getting killed isn't necessarily "un-fun". It's still subjective. A nice duel between light assaults that spans several mags and medkits is going to be fun for both no matter who loses.

But what is universally "un-fun" is when the player does NOT make some series of actions or decisions and still gets a bad outcome.

For good game design you really want to avoid setting up these circumstances.

Some of it is unavoidable. Particularly with clientside. Players will die sometimes when their skill or lack thereof has no real impact on the outcome.

Some of it IS avoidable. And without nerfing an entire class and without removing the cloak. Heck you could even buff the cloak if you fix the "un fun" aspect of it.

Fix the stupid decloak on fire mechanic guys.

It allows firing while effectively invisible and thus sets up an un-fun scenario every time it's used successfully.

For me it's the #1 crappiest mechanic in the entire game and the reason why I no longer spend money on it.
    • Up x 4