[Suggestion] Soft Spawn Costs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Your Secret Admirer, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Your Secret Admirer

AMS spawns should cost 50 nanites billed to the person spawning, unless the vehicle has been filled with cortium by an ANT in which case it consumes 50 cortium.

This adds some slight pressure on logistics chains, and should still allow infinite spawning for infantry players.

This also creates a new task for ANTs.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

thats a pretty harsh pentalty for simply respawning and would lead to everyone being even more cowardly.
    i am usually one of the dudes pushing the frontline and dying a lot, but if respawns cost 50 nanites i sure wouldn't be!
    (though usually i am also the dude with the sundy, so i'd be giving myself 50 nanites!)

but i do like the idea of more rewards for the sundy bringer.
    perhaps each time an ally spawns at your sundy gets you 5 nanites,
    and the benefit ends when you have regained the cost of the sunderer.
    (so tldr if your sunderer is useful you get its cost refunded.)
    • Up x 2
  3. Mechwolf

Actually, this would make sense if you added in all the other ways of spawning at a base.

I'm also for the sunderer driver getting nanite rewards as well, because that would incentivise more spawns at bases, especially with this system if it was introduced.

Logically, spawns in vehicles would have to be penalized as well, however at a "just gameplay" standpoint, it would make more squadmates want to actually use logistical spawns instead of always "the quickest spawn possible" and making medics feel like crap when they're trying to rez.

And you're absolutely right about the cortium angle as well, good thinking.

nanite drain on the AMS with the current spawn system would actually feed the logistics angle without taking away from the core game, and possibly have an effect when it comes to smaller forces against zergs.
  4. Demigan

That will never be functional and fun.

The logistics added would be arbitrary, placing a burden on the users that will rarely be challenged because the moment you have the ability to place sunderers at the enemy base you almost always have vehicle superiority. So any losses of the logistics would rather be accidental (aircraft spots a cheap target) than deliberate.

It also punishes large fights. You know, the whole thing the game was designed around? Even an equal 90vs90 fight or something would bleed the Sunderer dry much much faster than a 48vs48, choking the fight.

If you want logistics make it SUPPORT the main game if you succeed, not BREAK DOWN the main game if you fail/start a big fight.
  5. Mechwolf

This would incentivise people to actually use alternate spawns as well as the main spawn.

Even if they just increased the timers to match eachother instead of your last AMS being your fastest spawn, it would help logistics, or making it to where sunderers didn't have the fastest spawn, but spawn beacons and vehicle spawns did.

Most people spawning as fast as possible, are just trying to get out of the "loading screen" they don't even care how they get out, but respawning at a camped sunderer (might be a Playstation thing, but we don't kill sunderers on purpose to farm infantry) is NOT great for the zerg-brained.
  6. Demigan

Instead of punishing everyone for every time they use a Sunderer for what its designed to, why not fix the problems you have instead?

For example, if farming becomes less valuable, people stop farming players at Sunderers. The problem isnt people spawning quickly but the fact that there are incentives to not destroy the Sunderer and spawncamp instead.