[Suggestion] Stealth sunderers to have resistance against lone LA & ESF's

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Sep 24, 2022.

1. AuricStarSand

Example 1. Verse solo LA:
    *drives 2 min to other region* *drives 2 min to a mountain near the base of that region* so 4 min total.

1 lone enemy LA sees me driving that hill, so he follows. I deploy. & didn't notice him. I run down the mountain to A point. He c4's my sunder immediately after I run down the hill, faster than I'm able to return to it to shoot him or repair. Bus is destroyed.

I spent 4 mins driving to park. He spent 10 sec following my sunder around mountains. How is that equal.
    I'm a c4 fairy myself & I'd be fine with having a tougher time solo'ing invis sunderers, if that meant my allies invis sunderers die less often.

Example 2. Verse solo ESF:
    VS had a lone sunderer stealthed parked near mountain base near a enemy warpgate. It was the best sunderer parking spot ever yesterday. The deployment had a slide. Yes the rocks formed this slip & slide. As the bus was parked semi off the ledge, leading to a slide shaped hill formation, for infantry to slide 20 feet down to the base below. & then a solo ESF destroys our sunderer, while repairing it. So the best hilltop parking spot of the entire game, destroyed less than 60 seconds later. From some no lifer esf low pop hour a2g pilot.

Lockons wouldn't have been quick enough to help, if we had them. & I was repairing.

Solution: 1 LA isn't able to destroy a stealth sunderer with 2 c4 & 1 ammo of rokkets, now takes them another round of rokkets, maybe 2 more rounds, or 3. Or that LA needs to bring a cort bomb & a buddy, tho this solo LA kills a cloaked sunderer stuff, that's over with.

Grab a tank if you have to, LA are done killing too many busses. Esp the stealthed ones. Well only the stealthed ones, the other utilities are fine, its only stealth sunderers that require more hp. I get that they aren't deploy shields, yet still... its super easy for a LA to find a cloaked sunderer. So pretending like the stealth effect is enough " defense " well it isn't. It's literally a huge bubble, you just have to ambusher jet around to find, or else the enemies reveal themselves, I mean they are obviously arriving from 1 direction, wonder where.. hmm so tough to find smh sarcasm.

- Request for ESF's to do 40% less dmg to stealth sunderers now. Good! ESF pilots, hope you all get swatted. So many esf's have ruined so many good farms.
    - Also ESF's now take 30% more dmg from infantry bullets, as most noobs don't have lockons & most don't want to waste 450 nanites for AA max just to maybe kill 1 or 2 esf's. Not to mention the bus drivers nanites, are wasted on pulling busses already.
    - & lockons aren't quick enough for some drifter a2g vet pilot. Esp for mountain parking, where the pilot just veers off the horizon while dropping a2g at the same time.

Also I'm not asking for global dmg buff to sunderers, just stealth sunderer only & you don't have to buff stealth sunderer either, just nerf c4 dmg & esf a2g dmg against this type of sunderer only. " stealth "

Meaning deploy shield sunderer isn't getting a defensive buff to c4 or a2g, just stealth sunderers. If you want to kill a cloaked sunderer well your gonna need a land vehicle, or multiple infantry or multiple pilots, & not a solo LA or solo ESF. k thx
  2. Your Secret Admirer

Invisible sunderer should be removed, it is not a healthy gameplay mechanic and is extremely vulnerable to griefing, if you want to help the other team, without helping the other team, just park a rep Sundy next to the cloak sunderer and it becomes visible, and as a perk you gain experience for repping it as it explodes.

Very hard to accuse someone of griefing simply by parking a rep bus next to their cloak sundy, just play ignorant
  3. AuricStarSand

You want to rid stealth sunderers, due to a teamate parking his repair bus next to your stealth sunderer? Sounds very niche. Also his repair would help you & they may destroy the repair sunder first. Giving you time to back out of there. Also you're able to repark, before all that.

Ye allies sometimes are too obvious & reveal the busses location somehow, tho at least that means their are allies near my bus if that's happening. Which usually all sunderers are fine if more than 3 allies are nearby.

Its the sunderers with only 2 teamates around, 1 guy is repairing & the other guy is dead, while some ESF a2g's you, that's the problem. Or that all a LA has to do is to jump over a invis sunder once to destroy them. I've had times where the same 1 LA killed 4 to 6 of my sunderers I pulled & hide at different places repeatedly. Esp if its a containment side, I'm attacking, then all my sunderers are dead from 1 lone defending enemy LA.

The stealth mechanic isn't helping once the busses location is found, by simply 1 LA (out of what 48 enemies that may see your busses location, they only need 1/48 to see you). Which makes LA too op verse the stealth bus. & deploy shield sunderer is used too often as it is. So using that to counter LA or ESF, isn't offering variety.
  4. Your Secret Admirer

I fundamentally agree with you on all points, which is why they should just be removed.

The only other option is to Grant the invisibility by default as a passive system to all Sunderers.

It's good for putting a sunderer up on a sniper hill, but the illusion fails when 30 people materialize in one spot out of empty space
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

Example 1: you done goofed. The problem wasnt the stealth sundy it was you not noticing you were spotted.

Example 2: I dont see how this is "the perfect spot", but the real problem is how much more powerful aircraft are against anything at all.
    Just making the distortion left on the terrain from a distance nigh invisible to aircraft and vehicles would already solve this for the most part.

Stealth Sundies should not become immune to a solo LA. Rather any type of Sunderer needs to be able to deploy countermeasures which slow down, but not kill, any attempts at reaching the Sunderer. Preferably while warning the owners of the faction.

For one thing, any enemy spotted near a deployed Sunderer should already give a big warning to the owners.

The things the owners can place could be security camera's that spot targets approaching, repelling shields that need to be shot to deactivate them, minelayers which keep several highly visible low damage mines active which when popped give off a warning signal and a map icon etc. Such tools would be limited to within a certain distance of the Sunderer as they draw power from the Sunderer.

At no point, ever, should a Sunderer be able to just survive an attack with AT weapons without the owners actively defending it.
    • Up x 2
  6. Mechwolf

I've noticed nobody ever using the radar sunderer, and honestly, 50m radar isn't exactly... even good for radar in the first place, maybe if they just added that as a default for all sunderers. Not to mention, it doesn't even work unless there's an active driver. Maybe they should just default the radar to all deployed sunderers, and only active radar can work when there's a driver, so people don't just... drive sunderers into non-deploy zones for radar i guess?
    • Up x 1
  7. Mechwolf

A2G usually isn't a problem when there's actually AA around, and sunderers can equip AA countermeasures, the only problem with it is when you're high up, and can't aim the AA down towards the ESFs shooting upwards at you.
  8. MonnyMoony

Hang on - so you want invisible sundies to also have the advantages of deploy shield?

If you are lone wolfing it in a sundy - then getting spotted and having it blown up by an LA is the risk you take. If you don't want it blown up - stay with it and defend it.
  9. AuricStarSand

They wouldn't have the advantage of shield deploy.
    It'd only be for resistance against LA c4, LA rokkets, & ESF bullets & a2g.
    Not for every other vehicle type or av infantry gun, not for max's, & not av mines either.

Just LA & ESF resistance for stealth sunderers.
    The real question, is how fast do you believe I'd be able to solo 10 invis enemy sunderers by myself?
    As a top rated ambushr jet c4 fairy. & find them all, not just jump over them once with 2 c4.

I'd figure out where the enemy was running from, find all 10, & take 20 seconds per 1 sunderer (give or take). If the first 2 c4 don't kill the bus, I'm able to juke the 2 people defending, jump around, & get off 2 rounds of rokket rifle ammo every time. So the bus would have to take 4 rounds of rokket rifle fire after the first 2 c4, instead of just 1 or 2 rounds of rokket fire.

For defenders: as the hillside parker is usually 1 lone vets, as most of your faction doesn't park sunderers that well (solution: new player experience guide for parking sunderers around battlefields). The lone parker would prefer: Enough time for me to potentially respawn 10 seconds later & try repairing my sunderer after I ran down that mountain the first time. Or try killing the LA. Not able to hike back up that mountain, have to respawn to deal with him.

I'm not a pro ESF pilot, tho they swerve angles that shoot A2G from the middle height of the sky, drifting to the horizon when they shoot. All they need is 1 more enemy, barely shooting your bus with a Archer a few times, to solo a sunderer. A sunderer that's getting repaired that whole time.

While a lockon won't help with the time left, you're bus is already at near yellow half hp from the start, & you're repairing anyways, no time to equip aa. & he (the esf) is gonna drift over the mountains horizon, then return. So the lockon won't proc anyways, & it takes 3 lockons to kill a ESF, 2 seconds of A2G maybe through the trees leaves isn't enough time for 1 to load.

Where you see lockons as tough to deal with; isn't mountain horizons where stealth sunderers are fond of parking at. It's open fields. Without mountains at all.

Same goes for the fellow saying just stay at your invis sunderer & guard it from the mountain with flak or something. Well I'm capping A below, nobody else spawned yet, & not gonna scan the whole hills for some misc LA that may or may not be around. Nor wait for some ESF who spots my invis sunderer too easily from the hills. So I'm jumping down to A immediatly after the sunderer cloaks. Not waiting for allies to spawn.

Anvil sundeers often die too fast to a lib or few esf's. Ruining the entertaining farm & you say " just have more allies" , many times you have allies around the mountain bus & it still dies. Dies with deploy shield on a mountain with double AA flak guns, some LA C4's it while 1 ESF shoots it, or it gets suicide AV mined. So only takes 2 enemies, while 20 allies are defending or farming that mountain. Also mountains have sniper allies who don't want to repair. & other classes who want to jump off the mountain & not stay to defend.

P.s. I don't believe the Anvil vehi box should have such weak hp, it only takes 1 or 2 enemy tank shells or lib fire to waste 50 green outfit resources.
  10. Demigan

Soooooo much wrong here.

1: if you ARE a top rated ambusher jet user than you are not representative for finding and killing the Sunderers
    2: if you do some self-aggrandizement you'd better back it up. I've got maybe half your time total but still manage to have similar vehicle kills on my C4. Not exactly a big "top rated" sign.
    3: ambusher jumpjets are a worse choice than regular/drifter jets when trying to find a cloaked Sunderer. Regular/drifter give higher elevation climbing abilities and faster movement across rough terrain than Ambushers, and when engaging a cloaked Sunderer the Ambusher isnt exactly superior either. This just underlines how your choices and anecdotes are worthless. This is also evident in your anecdotes, "I was spotted before my stealth sundy was up so it was the LA+C4's fault".

Your reasoning is "I can find it and use the tools to kill it, so lets heap passive protection so its no longer a problem". Thats not balance or fair. What WOULD be balanced and fair is just buying time for the users to come and protect it. Its also something you basically say outright and then ignore when you point out how little time it takes. Dont make a Sunderer survive an LA strike without anyone needed to do anything. That is neither fun nor fair.
  11. AuricStarSand

All this talk about LA, makes me wonder how much LA kills sunderers to begin with, any type of sunderer. Is LA killing sunderers as often as a MBT is? Seems so.

Perhaps some HA launcher patch, other Archers, or some other infantry av weapon (mortar tactical item); would allow sunderers to die less to LA mains?

Regardless of my stats, what are the general stats? Like for sunderer deaths? What kills the busses the most? As if I had to guess, I'd say 60% of any type of sunderer dies from LA, 30% dies from tanks, & 10% dies from other means.

As for my own stats, aurax c4 isn't enough? I find it pretty easy to strap 2 c4 on a deployable flash & hit a vanguard with that. I don't believe that strat should be nerfed. Tho at this time it's like delivering pizza, mildly easy to score a MBT kill with. Kamikazee style.

If I Anvil a sunderer on top of a Raven Landing mountain, for a 3 way Raven fight. & 24 allies show. Well 2/4th of the allies are medics, 1/4th of them are snipers. & the other 1/4th are LA or HA. So who's repairing? I want to jump down to & use LA. So nobody is repairing. Also that sunderer got shot by 2 esf & c4 or av mined by a enemy safefall pilot & is now dead. That was a deployable sunderer with 2 flak. If it was invis, would have died faster, that was yesterday.

Isn't " just defend " easily said for anything? Hey I want collosus buffs, 10k hp isn't enough, should have 13k hp or so? " Just defend your tank better ". Hey I want silo buffs? " Just defend your silo better ".

I mean I suppose if you want to limit your playstyle to " guarddog only " then ok. Yet that's playstyle limitation. Also I'm pretty sure a stealth sunderer dies to LA faster then any defense options. 2 c4 & 1 rokket ammo takes 2 seconds, so even if you were to defend your sundy for 20 min, yet got distracted for 2 seconds, it's possible within those 2 secs your sunderer got destroyed. 2 seconds, is barely enough time to run around the sunderer or look up to see him drifting around it.

All in all, the nanites is equal 150 c4 nanites for 160 to 200 nanites for a sunderer. Yet the bus driver spent x10 the time driving & parking, then the LA took drfting or jumping over.

What if I throw a smoke grenade near the stealth sunderer, I carry x4 smoke. When I'm using LA. They'll have 2 seconds to defend their sunderer & for those 2 seconds they won't see me very well. So 2 defenders gonna matter? They'd need 4 defenders. So 4 defender guard dogs, it takes to deal with 1 kamikazee LA.

& guard dogs mean they are either manning the turrets or standing 2 feet from the bus. Not 10 to 20 feet away from the bus, peering over the ledge shooting enemies down below, that's not a guard dog. Pilots just kamikazee your bus without those allies near enough. So they have to be glued near the bus for all 20+ min of the farm. & them not wanting more entertainingly; to walk away & " shoot from the ledge ".

The ratio that isn't logged, is; " How easy does a LA find a stealth sunderer? ". Pro or not.

It really depends on the area. If I try to a hide a bus around Nasons, even if jump the bus onto some random swamp looking plateu, it gets found 92% of the time.

Stealth is stealth's defense. So if the stealth aspect barely helps or is too easily found, then that defense element isn't very useful. To some degree, someone may say the bus requires guards & to another they may say stealth is suppose to allow you to not need guards.
    At least verse infantry, as often.