Perihelion VXC charge variant feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Jubikus, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Jubikus

I want to hear the opions of other on the weapon as well as leave my own.

Honestly this weapon pretty much nails VS. The charge mechanic giving you a big bonus is something pretty unique to VS and this also plays well with the tank itself. Magriders arnt the best for headon fights but poking in and out of cover and ambushing people they excel at and this weapon really plays into that play style.

Im honestly really impressed with how much i like this itteration of the weapon and want to make sure you know its good.
  2. Liewec123

If it works how I'm thinking it works it will be straight-up better than NCs, NCs deals large alpha damage but has massive drop to compensate.

If VS works how I think it works (fires the damage of 3 shots after charging) it will deal more damage than NCs while also having no drop.

I will need to test it though, it could work completely different, but crazy huge alpha and no drop sounds like a ridiculous combo.
  3. DrakonMacar

Weapon feels just slightly overworked, but for the exchange and potential payoff in duels, this synergizes wonderfully with the Magriders ability to pick and choose it's fight, and has a massive reward for playing to its strengths. This being said though, the damage output is heavily front loaded. Alterations to bring the damage model from 500 to 375-425, reducing non-charged re-chamber time by 25%, and reducing non-cert invested reload timer to somewhere within the 2.75-3.25 second range. All in all a big win, but in its current state most likely going to become a massive problem for other factions once they see VS get something shiny and useful, per norm, I expect it will be nerfed into oblivion the second it starts dunking on Vanguard mains despite the likely 20+ second TTK it has vs Vanguards without their shields/utility
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

i'm home now so got to test it, yep its ridiculous.
    1500 dmg and no drop with a similar refire rate to NC's 1150 dmg which has insane drop.
    you can 2 tap vanguards from behind with this thing.

currently on live maggy is the best performing MBT with regular challenges from Prowler,
    if this variant went live magrider wouldn't even have challenge from prowlers anymore, and vanguards might aswell stay home.
    i thought VS were getting the weakest of the 3 for the obvious reason of helping prowler and vanguard catch up,
    wouldn't want to give the best performing MBT the best new faction specific weapon right?...RIGHT? o_O
    on the current PTS the best performing MBT (maggy) is getting arguably the best new weapon,
    (more burst damage than kingsnake with no drop, but slower refire rate)
    and the worse performing MBT (vanguard by a LARGE margin) is getting the worst. (by a large margin.)
  5. Cosomos

I did some testing on the fire rate of it and it is actually pretty balanced as it is compared to the normal VS options, though the other new tank cannons have way too quick of a reload speed, to the point the older cannons will loose badly in a dps contest.

The specifics I found are:
    500 damage per shot with a magazine of 3 shots
    3.5 second reload
    1 second firing delay after last shot
    ~1.5 second delay on reloading after last shot
    ~0.1-0.15 second delay between shots in a burst
    3 lv 1 shots - 7 second total firing time; 0 second charge time; 2 second firing time; 5 second downtime
    1 lv 2 & 1 lv 1 shots - 7.625 second total firing time; 1.5 second charge time; 1.125 second firing time; 5 second downtime
    1 lv 3 shots - 8.75 second total firing time; 3.5 second charge time; 0.25 second firing time; 5 second downtime

3 lvl 1 is actually balanced with the normal ratio of trading 0.25 seconds reload speed in exchange of 50 damage(TR and other multi shots are a bit funky). However the minimum time to fire 2 magazines(3000 damage) is:
    7.25 second total firing time; 0.25+2 second firing time; 5 second downtime(1lv3+3lv1,ignored first charge up time)
    a Heat Prowler can do 2850 damage in 7.5 seconds, and an AP chimera can do 2700 damage in 7 seconds
    So, it might still be a bit too strong with it's alpha damage, which for the VS should be the lowest of the factions.

I suggest, if possible, the delay to reloading it is removed completely or lower it as much as possible;
    reload is lowered to 2.75 seconds if possible, or 2 seconds if that change could not be made;
    damage is lowered to 350 if possible, or 400 if that change could not be made.

That should give it less of an sniper of tanks vibe and more of an ambusher vibe with a damage profile of either:
    3150 damage over 9.75 seconds with a max of 221 DPS, 1lv3+6lv1, a FPC uses the same time to do 3000 damage
    2400 damage over 5.75 seconds with a max of 218 DPS, 1lv3+3lv1, an AP Prowler uses 5 seconds to do 2400 damage
    • Up x 1
  6. Saaaw

It feels like it going to be a very high skill ceiling gun as it is now. The high alpha damage plus a halberd or aphelion will basically insta kill anything from behind(though its not like the prowler can't do this too). While the very long reload time will make it pretty bad in head on engagements.
    I agreed that a lower damage and faster reload time would be better.
    I am also excited that VS might get some useable new content though for once.
    • Up x 1
  7. RubiJoes

As it stands right now, the gun seems to have a very high skill ceiling. The strong alpha damage combined with a halberd or an aphelion will essentially insta-kill anything attacked from behind (albeit the prowler can also achieve wreck records). While the extremely slow reload time will render it poor in head-to-head combat.
    I concurred that a quicker reload time and less damage would be preferable.
    I'm also thrilled that, for once, VS might receive some useful new content.