I need a hard-hitting gun!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotGoodAtShooters, Sep 23, 2022.

1. NotGoodAtShooters

Hi,

It's my first time writing in a forum, so excuse me if this isn't the right place to post this. I'm NC. I've done YouTube, Reddit and forum searches and can't seem to figure out how I get killed so quickly while watching other players (not just Heavy Assault) take hit after hit and still keep fighting. In reddit and daybreak forum posts, users have said to check graphics, internet connection/latency, make sure your computer is strong enough to handle all the processing, etc. I have those checked. No matter if it's a 1v1 or a choke point, I always get killed very quickly. I've sat back and watched literally every class of player take multiple hits and still keep fighting. I expect that for MAX units. Even Heavy Assault staggers back multiple times before actually moving away from the fight but are still alive. I've used the Mauler S6 at point blank range against Infiltrators and when I die, the death screen shows they still have all their health and only their shields have gone down. Yes they were hit. I got the double red line indicator when shooting them to know it was a headshot. My most recent 1v1 I can recall, I used an automatic rifle with 2 headshots and body shots and the enemy still has health left when I die. I died in 2 hits from their rifle. I looked up Nanoweave and Advanced shield capacitor debates, headshots are the way to go posts, "git gud" posts and everything else I can think of. But I can't figure out how others have the ability to stay alive in gun fights to stagger multiple times while I have to run for cover as soon as a shot is fired near me. I've went through implants and gun attachments in the VR Training and nothing seems to do what these other players seem to do
  2. RabidIBM

There are a lot of nuances to this game. Rather than write up a list of suggestions which may not be relevant to you I'll say this instead: Join open platoons, ask for recommendations for an outfit which puts in the effort to train people. Find one of them and they'll take it from there.

If this isn't working then you may have joined the wrong outfit. Some talk themselves up but don't actually help. If the crew you're running with constantly whine about "Cheaters! Cheaters everywhere!" then ditch that crap, you won't learn anything useful from them.
  3. Yaesu

Recently created a Stalker because I was tired of constantly being killed by them. See my post, "I give up". Being able to sneak my way around battles I have seen a LOT of the very thing you speak of. I've tried most all the various pistols(sidearms), they all have their pluses and minuses. In my opinion the most deadliest is the "Underboss" . I've gotten MANY one shot, headshot kills with it. Sometimes it took 2 headshots to take a player out. There's even been times where I've taken players out with 2 ~ 4 body shots, they were jumping around too much for a headshot. Then there are "those players". You unload the gun(6 shots) into their head and body, they don't go down, they turn and kill you. Kill screen reveals their health is barely touched.

I've been playing this game for a while now. I've seen this a LOT. Thought it was a member/non-member thing. That changed when I became a member and I was still seeing it. I've been cloaked in point rooms surrounded by enemy players. Hell, I've had them walk right through me and not been noticed. I've watch as some players have walked right over/on prox mines and they didn't go off(an implant I think) or they went off and the player's health was barely touched. I've watched players sprayed by 2 or 3 other players and not go down. Two or three weeks ago, a heavy who will remain nameless, take out 7 players who all easily scored kill shots on him and he didn't not go down.

Training, video settings? That's a load of crap. A bullet or two in the head at point blank range is a kill. If it doesn't, well, one can only speculate. Server latency? Perhaps. I've tried all the Nanoweave and have bene dropped like I didn't even cert it out. On my other classes, I've unloaded clips into players at medium range and not have them go down, health barely touch. Other times, at distance, took players out with a headshot(lucked out I guess) when I could barely make them out with my 2x optics. There's some funny things that go on in the game and training/vid setting ain't it. Training is learning to stop at doorways to check for mines before you go in. Learning your mouse when firing at someone with different guns to keep that 'X' on the target. But when you're some 10 ~ 30 feet away, seeing that red 'X" when you're shooting at someone, pretty much your whole clip, they don't go down, turn and take you out? Screen shows their health hardly down? That's something else. I'll call it funny BS.
    • Up x 1
  4. Somentine

Nanoweave is no longer relevant, it has effectively been deleted. Advanced shield capacitor only helps you recover if you live.

Headshots are still roughly 2x dmg and should be sought after, but nowadays you can absolutely get away with just bodyshots, especially with high rof weapons or shotguns.

Don't trust the death screen.
    1. Their damage done to you is only health damage, not shield.
    2. Weapons only show the last used (they could do 99% of ur health with one wep and then spit on u and it shows the spit).
    3. It's delayed and not very accurate for enemy health. A lot of times I have been asked how I survived with near full health and shield when in truth I only had like 200hp left.

As for getting killed quickly, even some of the better players in the game get 1-framed/instantly deleted. Clientside game + low tick rate servers + just regular network delay = some bs.

All you can do is work on improving your own gameplay, which takes time and/(or) reading guides on movement, setup, aiming, picking fights, etc.... or just play some cheese and never look back.
  5. BlackFox

I have doubts on that, it still needs a lot of time to kill somebody with high RoF weapons. I'm writing this right after rage quitting over several people walking away from 2 to 3 seconds of constantly getting hit without dying
  6. Somentine

Before, in many cases you needed 2 times + 2 (or more) bullets to kill compared to HS. Now, in some cases you actually need 2* - 1 bullets compared to HS. Heavies and Infils screw it up a bit, but the fact is that it is significantly easier to land bodyshots than HS. Start with making sure you are actually hitting ~35-40% acc, then start practicing HS. Obviously, if someone is standing still or similar, go for the HS, but high RoF bullet hoses delete players with bodyshots. If you aren't, then it is your aim.
  7. AuricStarSand

Headshots do way too much dmg & favor people who have more fps. I'm not really a fan of hs dmg tbh. I like how Halo Infinite doesn't register Headshot dmg till " After " your shield breaks.

Futuristic helmets should give more protection, this isn't Counter Strike. That or energy shield shouldn't register hs dmg, just like Halo. Not only that, wish they made the shield break effect more impactful, just like Halo as well.

Anyhow till then, idk try playing sniper if you're losing 1vs1 duels. How's your fps? Did you tweak your aiming sensitivity 20 times over for the perfect sensitivity for your preference? Tho to answer your question, everyone dies fast, not just some people, everyone.

Take Javelin for example, dies from 1 hit from a tank shell. Just 1 hit >.>
  8. Demigan

Damn none of these people can give you an answer that's even in the same ballpark.

The simple answer is that it's because of the Latency System, and that your opponent needs just as many hits as you do and thinks you need far less hits to kill him just like you do. This is something everyone experiences, but in reality everyone needs the same amount of hits!

Everything you see other players do, actually happened a moment before that. So if you see someone turn a corner and look at you they actually turned the corner a bit earlier on their screen.
    But at the same time if you were to turn that same corner, you would appear later on their screen as well.

The more complex version:
    The Latency system is what lets PS2 rise above the 32 to 64 player battles most games max out on, if that. In normal games the way they send information means that every player added creates an exponential amount of packages of information being send to and from players, with many different packages being send every second (location, actions, looking direction, what weapon you are holding, the camo you are wearing, if you are firing etc). PS2's latency system circumvents that by "saving" the packages and sending it in one chunk.
    When you normally play any game there is a predictive algorithm that extrapolates the last movements of everyone into continuous movements and actions on your screen, which is then corrected the moment the next information package arrives. This usually goes so smoothly you don't notice a thing.
    But because PS2 takes longer between sending packages you can have situations where the updates don't come at the right time.

For example: An enemy sends an information package to you saying "I'm around this corner, moving into your view". Your PC extrapolates that the player will likely keep moving and you see him appear around the corner. When the next package arrives your PC doesn't need to change his position much as the prediction meant he was where he was supposed to be.
    Just after that package he starts firing at you and at the same time. But your PC hasn't received the package that he started firing yet so your PC doesn't render a firing player, it just renders him as moving in whatever direction the last package told him he would be moving.

You both score hits on one another, but then the package of your opponent arrives. Your PC now says "oh, this player has been shooting you for the last zero point something seconds! I'll show him firing and adjust your health&shield accordingly". But because the first few shots of your opponent weren't visible on your screen it feels to you like he kills you in far less time and hits than it actually took!
    The thing is, your opponent thinks the exact same thing! He might not see your character open fire immediately either, and he might think you killed him in like 3 hits while it took you 8+ hits to actually kill him.
  9. BlackFox

Hitting really isn't a problem for me, people not dying after getting hit several times in the body and the head is the problem.
  10. Somentine

Yeah, it happens. Small things can add extra BTK that you can't really keep track of, and the damage indicator (which scales on damage done + headshot) isn't that great. If you say it isn't your aim, then it's just bad luck/circumstances. Bodyshots are stronger than ever, and many weapons have been buffed to make bodyshotting/accuracy easier, so idk what else to say.