Suggestion: Revert the Power Knife Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Greb, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Greb

I know how sarcasm works. You obviously didn't read the post :)
  2. AntDX316

I'm not good with Heavy. My KD with that is less than 1:1. With an A2G Scythe uncontested, I can 10:1.
  3. Greb

He's not talking about you specifically. And of course you can go 10:1 with a weapon whose sole purpose is to kill infinitary. If just one of the people from the group you are going 10:1 against pulls a skyguard, AA max or just goes heavy to rocket you, you are effectively rendered useless. Or if they pull another ESF to counter you.
  4. Your Secret Admirer

Simple Fix, make it OHK (3,000 damage vs infantry) but disable cloak while it is active, give it a fear inducing noise, that echos so you can pinpoint distance but direction is questionable.

As a buff allow it to OHK maxes
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

I did. And he's comparing a pump-action that can OHK to a Power Knife, saying that there is supposedly no reason to nerf the PK first (despite all the reasons that are there to nerf it).
  6. Demigan

Doesn't work.

You can grab the knife, then hit both decloak and activate just before attacking. Works perfectly, as that is how I've used it most of the time. In fact I just have keys on my mouse to both grab and activate the knife. I don't even have the knife out while looking for targets. And I also don't use Stalker Cloak because it's just not necessary to **** yourself, cloak is more than powerful enough to get close in a short time without the need crouch-walk in permacloak.

The point is that cloak negates most of the downsides of a CQC weapon, which is why CQC weapons on cloakers are so much more powerful than on any other class.
    Ofcourse, any weapon is better on a cloaker because the cloak simply lets you ambush virtually anyone anywhere, but that can be solved in one simple solution: Increase decloak to something like 2 seconds. You can give Infils 1000 total health&shield and even give Infils access to many more weapons after that, since the key problem of how cloak gives you a broken advantage is fixed.
  7. AntDX316

That's why I said "uncontested".

If I use the Nyx with 6x on Heavy my KD can be 3+:1 but then I might as well use Infiltrator. Still though, considering using it over the Orion as my performance is way way way better.
  8. Sumowning

That's fine, but for the sake of 'infantry vs infantry' it's on average Heavies rake in a lot more kills due to their ability and low skill floor. But yes, I do understand your comparison as it's a fair one. There's A2G farming, there's HeSH lightnings/MBTS, Scatter max. etc.

Yeah, mainly talking bout the average COD-loving sweatvy. It's not hard to get a positive KD on them at all. Think the point he was going for was the ability to OHK exists all over the place, in a lot more places than a bloody knife.

Also I'd advise to put Demi and and Somen on ignore, and don't engage them. It's not a worthwhile discussion.
  9. AntDX316

As long as I'm using a 6x Scout Rifle with Heavy, I like Heavy as it basically adds HP. If I'm using an LMG on Heavy, my KD will struggle to keep 1:1.
  10. Demigan

These guys DONT AGREE WITH ME and tend to use things like PERFORMANCE STATISTICS and GAME DESIGN to challenge my SEVERELY BIASED WORLD VIEW. So please please put them on your ignore list or you might be exposed to OTHER OPINIONS and FACTS!!!! Oh the horror.
  11. Mechwolf

It's obvious that the power knife nerf was a bad move, I wholeheartedly believe it was a change from a griefing dev.

upping the volumes would have made way more sense, and changing the VS noise to something other than a low hum into something just as pitched as the other 2, (maybe 2 pitch hum) would have been a better option.
    • Up x 2
  12. Greb

You're probably right, yeah.
  13. Sumowning

It was, and I don't think it was intentional. Rather I think some of the Devs are just so disconnected from the game, just look at what Wrel posted the other day about nerfing construction. (YES, AGAIN). The sheer reasoning he gave, made me realize he never ever played that. Or died to it once, therefor it must be nerfed.

It's the same illogical reasoning that was put forth in the Power Knife nerf, where you must get a headshot to get a OHK. Which every knifer knows is just silly.

The only reason why Wrel came to his senses? There's a handful of people actually playing with Powerknifes and not enough to cause as much of an uproar as with the construction changes.

It's incredibly worrying to see this trend, where niche playstyles die out and PS2 gets turned into a generic FPS because of this egregious disconnect between the game and the Devs.

Either that or report them when they get out of hand is what I've been told.
    Anyway, don't let those type of players discourage you from the forums. :)
  14. Demigan

Not really. Its always better to see different viewpoints and try to figure out why people might have them. Sumonwing here for example is a heavily dedicated cloaker who benefits immensely from having a OHK knife, overstating its downsides and ignoring its upsides.

So what would be my reasons for what I say? If you look at my character you'll see I've used the Infil extensively but not exclusively and I have also used the OHK knife. I also point to WHY the OHK knife wasnt in a good place, specifically because of how it works with the cloak. And that is true, since it was rarely ever used on any class except the cloaker with any purpose.

Which would be more believable, a person who is ultra-biased to keep his power or a person who views from multiple perspectives and doesnt exclude/ignore upsides and downsides? I have also given the solution: the cloak is the problem (for more than just the knife) so the cloak needs an extended decloak time and the knife can go back to being OHK.
  15. AllRoundGoodGuy

Please don't. The fans love to see the drama.
  16. Somentine

On one hand, a player that largely knows what they are talking about and can back it up with facts, stats, and in-game performance.
    On the other, a player who thinks their opinions are facts, ignores stats completely, and can't do what they say in-game, telling other players to ignore the above people.

Ye idk bros.
  17. AuricStarSand

You know, NC has had a lot more pop past month. 40% pop.

& I'm realizing getting Shotgunned to the face, by a enemy, while trying to knife someone, is happening A LOT more often.

1/3rd of NC at times are running Shotguns & I'm suppose to knife them, when their shotgun kills 2 times faster than my 2 hit knife? I get killed with 1 hit.

I haven't read the new replies for 1 hit knife, I still don't believe I need a 1 hit knife & still would prefer 2 hit knives. Tho one thing for sure is true, STALKER INFIL REQUIRES BUFFS. To deal with 20 enemies running around with shotguns.

Had 1 NC guy I didn't even know if he was hacking or not, his LA shotgun, would literally ambusher jet RIGHT where I was crouched randomly invis around a field. He would LAND his ambusher jet, RIGHT where I was sitting crouched, at random field locations. & I was invis at the time, sitting near grass, he would land & shotgun me. Out of nowhere. I had deep op too.

I've been being spotted by EVERYONE way too easily, at all ranges, when invis. Invis is a joke, whoever qq'ed about invis ever, never played stalker. Invis with deep op is barely helping me sneak these days. Everyone has good vision.

Stalker requires 100% better invisibility levels. Like I've stated before the devs should make Invis Utilities have to do with which gun type your equiping. Meaning no not hunter or stalker cloak, you have cloaks named after the weapon your using. So Scout Rifle cloak sucks & Pistol cloak should be way tougher to see.

P.s. As for the 1 hit knife, I never want to have to push a stupid button to activate a knife ever, it doesn't matter how much you remix or buff this knife, I never want to push a stupid button. ty.

P.s. I still am waiting for Infil ASP skills for knife, pistol, & smg users. Grenade access doesn't help.
    P.s.s. Also dueling a heartstring is kinda below average, the bolts are so small & slow, rarely ever get killstreaks beyond 2 kills with the heartstring gun type. Heck rarely ever get knife kills beyond 3 (& I've been knifing for years, my killstreaks should average higher by now, tho knives get absolutely nothing to combo or help them), without a miracle.
  18. Demigan

My bullsjitometer is going off! It seems someone is claiming NC uses more shotguns on infantry (up to 1/3rd!) Even though they have only 1 extra shotgun on the HA and the rest is all virtually identical.

Back in reality shotguns are some of the least used weapons in the game.

Also anecdotes about hacks arent really proof that a OHK knife is suddenly OK because a hacker used a shotgun on you.