...and here is an image of 2 bastions avoiding each other so they can farm.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OSruinedPS1, Sep 2, 2022.

1. OSruinedPS1

Like Planetside 1, these command tools promote cheesy, toxic, annoying, boring gameplay. Please remove them. I can't recall a single time a bastion made a fight more interesting/fun. Every time a bastion enters the fight the fight becomes worse.

Even before anyone spawns a bastion these command tools also modify outfit behavior for the worse; zerging, ghost capping and avoiding fights to acquire their stupid outfit resources so they can use their stupid command tools to again avoid any good fights and farm.

What a terrible decision, you made the exact same mistakes the Planetside 1 devs made.
    [IMG].
  2. Liewec123

I can't wait to put the hurt on bastions when Chimera gets its piercing turret!
    No more invincible farming machine, it can actually be fired upon from ground forces without using outfit resources for a Colossus,
    albeit just Chimera, but I main NSO these days, so that is fine by me.

Imho the weak spots should always be damageable instead of being destroyed, allowing us to chip away at the bastions health.
    I don't care if they double the hp, I just want to actually be able to retaliate.
    A bastion who chooses to fly over a 300 person tank fight between the other two factions should get taken out fairly quickly when both factions fire upon it.

Currently on live the bottom weak spots get destroyed quickly and then the bastion farms for the remainder of its duration because the top 'weak points' are covered by AA turrets and free ESFS and unnattackable from the ground without a colossus,
    Making those top points almost impossible to kill without a sky zerg.
  3. Johannes Kaiser

I remember the time my outfit had a Bastion (one-time only, otherwise too few actives), and we spent the majority of it hunting a VS Bastion that tried to farm. They ran and ran and ran, unwilling to fight it out. Then they cried for help and an airzerg rushed us down in less than a minute, and the VS Bastion wen tback to farming.
    It was very awesome, until they just did a tableflip and it became a "we 8 vs their 80" situation, which is frustrating and boring as ****.
  4. brutes359

Honestly, what did people expect was going to happen when the devs introduced a mega-vehicle that can only be hurt by only aircraft and only one ground vehicle that is exceptionally hard to get ahold of. Imagine how quick these things would die if even just MAX suits were capable of hurting them. But in truth, there would be far less of them if the devs didnt lock the colossus tanks behind that stupid new recourse system they added and their new "Loyalty" point system which they only added to screw over those who have a stockpile of certs to draw from.

Take note, this is how NOT to implement a new feature into the game. The idea of the bastions existence is fine. They are juggernaut units designed to tank plenty of firepower from the enemy team while also acting as a mobile airbase. But there must always be an easily accessible weapons system that can at least target and hurt them so they can be ground down by the apposing team.
    • Up x 4
  5. Liewec123

My Bastion implementation idea would have been a rework of the Air alert,
    The 'air anomaly' thing was pretty meh, so I thought it would be cool to replace it!
    Alert starts and aircraft become free for the duration,
    3 AI controlled bastions come down, one for each faction, starting at the warpgate and slowly rotating clockwise around the map.
    Players will get a new spawn point on their map screens, their factions bastion!

Spawning at the bastion will put you in one of the many AA or LIGHT A2G turrets (no ground farming), if all turrets are manned you will instead be queued up to spawn in your esf at one of multiple landing pads ontop of the bastion (using the last esf loadout you used), being afk or hitting exit vehicle in a bastion turret will ejected you into your esf.

The mission is simple, destroy the enemy bastions before they destroy yours!
    As they circle the map the bastions will spiral closer and closer to the middle of the map,
    By 30 mins it will pretty much be like the whirlpool final battle scene from one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies!
    With the bastions circling around above the middle base for a final showdown!
    blasting at eachother with hundreds of ESFs dogfighting!

When the dust settles and only one bastion remains the alert is considered over,
    The remaining bastion will last for a further 10 minutes, And will travel to the ally owned hex where defense is most needed.
    You can still spawn at the bastion for the remainder of its duration and eject to spawn in your esf for 175 nanites (or drop pod if you are out of nanites), a timer would stay up in the corner of your screen (where the alert timer usually is) With the remaining duration, when time is up the bastion ejects everyone (drop pods) and heads to orbit.

If more than one bastion are still alive after 45 minutes the alert ends, everyone onboard is ejected (drop pods) and the bastions return to orbit.

I think this implementation of bastions would be crazy fun :D
    • Up x 3
  6. RabidIBM

Yup, the content in this game is very quantity over quality focused.
  7. Nailclippins

They should just replace the bastion A2G cannons with those boat cannons that let you launch in as infantry... Then i wouldn't mind. probably prolong some fights instead of killing them
    • Up x 2
  8. Johannes Kaiser

That would be absolutely amazing.