LA60 harms sane A2G pilots

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by mewmewmew, Aug 14, 2022.

1. mewmewmew

honestly, LA60 should be a tank attack weapon, not a plane attack weapon, it's designed to protect infantry from A2G like Banshee and Hammer right? the fighting principles in the game have been turned upside down , the values ​​that have been applied for the past 10 years have become worthless after LA60 came out , you can't attack the repairing Libertion crew , all NC pilots and riders both have anti-aircraft capabilities, NC tanks equipped with anti-aircraft guns are not necessary, they can concentrate their anti-armor power effectively and have anti-aircraft sniper

everything is turned upside down

LA60 is infantry self defense weapon aimed against MAX and ESF A2G , but having range to 300 meters , 300 meters is huge in this game , we should reduce its range to 30 meters , honestly , over 30 meters Banshee can't kill infantry in under 1 second

in the 2nd video, you can clearly see with the waypoint tag, I have attacked the infantry at 150 meter distance, at such a long distance, Banshee and hammer can't kill the infantry in less than 3 seconds at all infantry use flak armor, and 2 seconds without flak armor, so at 150 meter distance, Lancer is worthless and LA60 and T2 striker are completely unnecessary, we should reduce LA60 range anti air down to 30 meter

and I also agree to remove Lancer from this game, to avoid being called a bias

I used the PPA, the most Sane A2G weapon in this game, the weapon you all expect Hammer and Banshee are just similar to it
  2. Demigan

You must be a troll.

It takes 3 L60's to match a single Skyguard. The biggest advantage L60's have is that they are more accessible in how you use them compared to other G2A weapons.

In both video's you take damage and... do nothing. Even when you are burning you still turn the ESF around somehow expecting to finish your attack run. This isnt a sane pilot, this is someone so used to G2A not being used in enough numbers to be dangerous that they dont even respond to being hit.

Also your suggestion for 30m is dumb. Even in your video's you dip maybe once below 30m from the ground, and never within the range of an enemy infantry. Just imagine a weapon for "self defense" that becomes useful when your opponent is already on top of you and killing you, while your TTK is in the 15+ seconds because no one else is in range with their L60 to cover you.
    Its this kind of complete lack of knowledge on your own weapons, engagements and the use of G2A weapons that gets us our current completely stupid balance.

Also maybe you havent noticed but aside from the L60's everything else is completely incapable of dealing with you. They cannot dodge you, they cannot hide from you, they cannot reasonably return fire.

aircraft harm any and all sane ground players a lot more than L60's, since you could have escaped alive from the L60's if you'd bothered to react to their damage.
    • Up x 2
  3. mewmewmew

and you ? You must be a NC ?

i need to troll for what ? i want to nerf LA60 and i am serious

ok ?

this game is ruined because of people like you , you need to get rid of everything about NC in your mind to think logically and fairly , you play for a long time , but you only play one faction

let be clear , you play VS , i play NC , after month , we talking this again

what you say ?

Love from VS
  4. Cyropaedia

LA60 needs a 20-25% damage reduction per shot.

It's an unavoidable, high speed auto-locking (flak) projectile. Even Striker projectiles are avoidable and visible to some degree.

LA60 really feels like it outperforms even the VS' Lancer.
  5. Cyropaedia

Skyguard has much more limited bullet velocity and a wider cone of fire/bloom.

LA60 comes off as a sort of flak hitscan weapon. It feels like the LA60 draws some of the best aspects of the Lancer and Striker (empire specific launchers) for an anti-air weapon.
  6. Demigan

Me:
    "You dont even attempt to avoid it and the DPS of a single one is limited" (you know, that teamwork aircraft players talk about should be required to put them down?)

You:
    "GRIAAAAH YOU MUST BE NC COME AT ME BRO TAKE VS SOMETIME AND SAY THAT".

Ok so we've established that when I point out objective facts that you go and insult me as a person and assume I dont play VS at all.

Dude the difference between the L60 and Skyguard is 50m/s. The biggest difference is accuracy per shot, which according to the aircraft players is meaningless die to the flak so you cant even complain about that.

So the only reason people hate the L60: It's available. Its an AA form that you are much more likely to encounter in enough numbers to actually matter and do what its supposed to do (deter, assuming you arent like Memeguy here who doesnt even try to avoid it). But ofcourse if the weapon does what its supposed to do suddenly everything is a horrible nightmare!

Maybe just maybe you should have gone to my thread about removing deterrents and make them actual skillful murderweapons and support that idea eh?
  7. mewmewmew

La60 is not Skyguar and T2

let's compare La60 vs T2 vs Skyguar in all three ways

T2 is a personal self-defense weapon for HA, as well as SMG, it is limited to about 100 - 200 ( lucky ) meters with 6 bullets that deal 150 damage each.

Skyguar is an aircraft attack weapon, it is designed to do light damage to aircraft 300 meters away and deal heavy damage at close range in self-defense against Lib and ESF A2G.

LA60 is an effective anti-armored vehicle, MAX, self-defense and attack weapon at a distance of 300 meters with 490 damage to ESF , and can be equipped by all Engineers, Drivers, Tankers, Gunners, Subners , Engineers shotgun + LA60 , crew Vak , Galaxy , all

right in the first comparison, LA60 in almighty position, is one of the weapons capable of changing the game

but this is PvP, no one is allowed to have such weapons

2nd comparison : La60 deals less damage than Skyguar and T2 , but any engineer can use La60 , even the engineer who is controlling Skyguar

and right in the first video , showed how LA60 makes the game unbalanced , I don't care how much you hate A2G , but this is a game , this PvP game , VS and TR can't A2G to NC tank , but NC can A2G to TR and VS tank in the case of video, right in the second example, it's out of balance

3nd comparison LA60 makes NC too strong on all fronts , warwafe of the battlefield

LA60 can deal damage 300 meters away, a LA60 user can fire at least twice at ESF in just 4 seconds, dealing 820 damage with ESF, this destroys all fights in other ways together

LA60 is giving NC advantages that other factions can't, advantages to turn the game around, Skyguar and T2, Lancer can't give TR, VS such advantages

MBT NC can equip Harbel for full power anti-vehicle and don't need anti-air G40 Ranger gunner

Lib squadrons can land and destroy ESFs more easily than killing them on the fly

Sunder teams can equip full x2 M60 bulldog or x2 M20 baptit for full anti-armor and don't need anti-air G40 Ranger gunner

from now on, ESF can never destroy NC vak team LA60, it's as bad as before they can fix VAK in the back seat
    • Up x 1
  8. Swaith

I use the masthead but also play both other factions. I will say this - the current nerfs will make a huge difference, part of the issue with the gun is that it was very accurate and very damaging even if you "miss" the target. The fact you could hipfire and still get hits is rough but has been addressed.

I did find it strange that it wasn't usable by all factions, but why are ESF pilots surprised their light aircraft suffer? If infantry actually all collectively shot at you with light arms you melt anyway, I know because before the masthead my Saw was my anti-esf. And world surprisingly well with a merit shield. chase a solo with a liberator you will melt them, as a 2 person Gunship thats expected.

Splash weapons from space don't kill the guys on the ground fast enough, but your long range guns will do the job, just get more accurate. Or stop expecting to kill 5 guys and a tank solo without taking some risk.

The change to make it harder to hit without scoping is a good change in the right direction. It rewards accuracy. While they stand still, aim you long range AA guns and watch them melt or run for cover. But its a 1vs1 fight, maybe it shouldn't be all one sided in your favour? I do feel like all factions could do with something, but all factions have LMG's and collectively if everyone sprayed the ESF's see how fast they stop attacking you.
  9. mewmewmew

your tips on how to play are Q ( cute ) , but you forgot one important thing, the most important thing, the only thing that matters

here we are not talking about how to play , we are discussing whether LA60 will give great advantage to NC and made to imbalance ?
    • Up x 1
  10. Swaith

No, its not giving an unfair advantage, its strange as I say its not on all factions - but ultimately the way you play changes the dynamic more then the tool. I wasn't trying to provide tips, only suggestions how it doesn't really change much
  11. JibbaJabba

Ok well that settles it then. :D
    • Up x 1
  12. brutes359

Ah yes, the infantry peons finally get something to fight back against the skyjockies and everyone loses their crap. Oh what is that? your angry about a system that can delete you without warning from full health with no clear way to escape or fight back? WELCOME TO OUR WORLD. Rant aside, I think this system is fun to use, but it unnecessarily fills the role that AA launchers could easily fill if they hadnt had their range nerfed into the ground.

I propose that AA launchers be given reworks that buff their range, projectile velocity, and their guidance systems. No damage buffs as they are unnecessary so long as the launcher can consistently hit long range targets. To compensate the LA60 can have a minor damage nerf to encourage masses fire as apposed to single unit deployment.

But I stress this again that ESFs should not under any circumstance be able to safely attack infantry and vehicle groups without risk. The systems we have for AA should be rebuffed to counter them effectively. Skygaurds should have less dispersion (seriously, one of the whole points of vehicle mounting an AA gun is for stability and mobility, it doesn't make sense that it is less accurate than MAX bursters when the tank weights about 58 tons more), and immobile base AA should hit like a truck. It is not right that liberators can hover over them and grind them to dust faster than they can hurt the liberator.
    • Up x 2
  13. Mechwolf

Well there's your problem, you think the PPA is a viable nosegun.

It has the longest TTK of the weapons, and can't even hold a candle against aircraft like the other 2 can.