Connery Latency Spikes during primetime

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jul 23, 2022.

1. OneShadowWarrior

While on Oshur running on Ultra Graphics, the performance drops were noticeable. Chugging away at 180-236 frames per second then as the big fights start to happen beyond 96+ players. Performance drops are drastic. 24-30 FPS.

This is with a I7-12700 K, 3080 RTX, 32 Gigs Corsair Vengence 4800 mx RAM, NvMie SSD and a fiber optic connection with a ping of 18-25 ms. My system far exceeds the requirements and during non-prime time the graphics are buttery smooth with Gsync, a in game rate limiter 4 frames set to less than 240 and vertical sync on.

1. Audio glitch delays are drastic and are happening on a more frequent bases with constant game restarts to address the audio input lag.

2. Server latency spikes still hitting Connery from 5 pm to midnight on pacific standard time from 300-1100 ms+.

3. None of the recent fixes have helped server performance much.

4. I keep getting a notification in game screen of bad connection while on Oshur in big fights.
  2. Grandizer

All of your issues are happening on every continent, except haven't experienced #4, at least for us that have posted the issues recently in this forum.

My in game stability remains at 38-45ms it's the game struggling to keep up since boat launch on Oshur.
    Sound bug kicks in more frequently than before and if you go to Oshur, seems it kicks in even quicker, so I avoid it.
    Take a look at the other posts in here. We're hoping it gets fixed. I'm losing well over 100fps on Ultra myself and turning graphics down isn't helping.
  3. Mithril Community Manager

As we continue to look into these frame rate issues, can you try lowering your lighting setting to low or medium and see if that improves the frame rate in the meantime.
  4. OneShadowWarrior

I'll give medium lighting a shot, don't know if it matters, as I saw these same issues on low settings, I will also dial particles to medium and take shadows to low.

The server latency spikes are a different story, it always occurs on prime times between 5 pm to midnight. Usually when everyone get's on during Fridays or Saturdays. My whole outfit saw it and said the game was unplayable. They feel posting about it won't make any difference.

I have seen many players return and leave as quick. The biggest long standing complaint by the community has been performance. Get a handle on that and the players will come in droves. It saddens me to see friends return and leave because of sheer performance.
  5. OneShadowWarrior

I tried reducing lighting quality to medium or low, it made no difference. Just to let you know. I chug away in most fights at 180-240 FPS in most fights then whamo 30-50 FPS as the player base hits 96+.

I did find something though. When I lowered my graphics down to very low. This means no lighting, no shadows and rendering quality reduced to 75%. I was chugging away at the usual FPS. I think these items might be correlated.

Definitely something in the rendering pipeline.
  6. Mithril Community Manager

We have a client update today that should address most frame rate issues, check back later today.