FPS Performance issues WORSE after Hotfix 7/20

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by WatchTheNinja, Jul 20, 2022.

1. WatchTheNinja

Im getting noticeably worse performance after the "fix" when prior i could set particles to low, now there is no avoiding. Help! SUB 30 FPS when large fights are going on, unplayable.

3090 Ti
    3800x
    • Up x 3
  2. MUTALISKUS

my fps didn't improve i lost 50% performance. fix did not help! It is bad news
    • Up x 1
  3. BigNStrauss

Same, mine's not necessarily any worse after the 7/20 hotfix but it's certainly not any better. Still worse overall after the Surf and Storm update.
    • Up x 2
  4. MUTALISKUS

i removed user options it got better
  5. BigNStrauss

What do you mean? Did you remove the UserOptions.ini file and let the game create a new one? And that got you better performance?
  6. MUTALISKUS

yes
  7. MUTALISKUS

this does not help, I was wrong, although emerald works better than a miller
  8. Mithril Community Manager

Thank you all, we're investigating.
  9. WatchTheNinja

In your user options file (ini) changing Particles to -1 helped the severe FPS drops for me.
  10. WatchTheNinja

Change particles to -1 in File location User options
  11. BigNStrauss

What does that do? (Not currently home to try it.) Isn't -1 the value for the "Custom" setting?
  12. WatchTheNinja

This changes games setting beyond low, its like low low / off.
    Steam > Right click Planetside 2 > Properties > local files > browse... > UserOptions > Find: ParticleLOD > change to = -1

again let me know if it helps, it might not help everyone. This is just what helped me.
  13. WatchTheNinja

My current settings:
    [Rendering]
    OverallQuality=-1
    GraphicsQuality=1
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=0
    LightingQuality=-1
    EffectsQuality=-1
    TerrainQuality=-1
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=-1
    VerticalFOV= (Your FOV here)
    ParticleLOD=-1
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.00000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=0
    MaximumFPS=-1
    UseLod0a=0
    BloomEnabled=0
    Smoothing=0
    SmoothingMaxFramerate=150
    SmoothingMinFramerate=60
    UseAspectFOV=1
  14. BigNStrauss

Oh wow you're running very potato settings (no offense), thanks for the info.
    • Up x 1
  15. Agrozon

absolutely unplayable after the last update !! i only have 25 - 30 fps. you are probably not serious that i drive my graphic settings down so far i play in the minecraft look ?? i hope you guys are working on the update for the update of the update ???!!!
    • Up x 1
  16. Grandizer

I just left Emerald Indar after playing only 5 minutes . The 96+ both sides fight at NS Material brought me down to 23fps when I went inside NS cap point and 135 outside the building. It's like I'm playing with a Pentium 4 with 1gb ram.

Had to log off. Gun fire rate is based on fps so there goes hitting a damn thing with my NS-11 weapons.

Roll back the update, get rid of the boats please ( no one will care) and bring back the core game to where it was before the patch.
    Obviously there wasn't enough testing done on whatever it is that broke the game but it's not enjoyable or playable like this..
    • Up x 1
  17. Grandizer

There's absolutely no reason anybody should have to make the game appear like an N64 game to play it when it was working fine. I'm losing over 100fps from playing Ultra/High. dropping them even to lowest in the game menu still tanks the frames to below acceptable. Going any lower isn't getting me the experience I was having..

Changing particles isn't going to help either, especially when the game is rendering nothing but infantry battles. At NS Material outside, where all the 96+ NC are choked up, it ran smooth 135fps. Going back inside where all the VS were hulled up, made the frames tank. I'm surprised the GPU didn't throw a blue screen.
  18. Mithril Community Manager

Hi all, as we continue to investigate and work on a fix for the fps drops, try lowering your lighting setting to medium or low. This may improve the FPS drops.
  19. Grandizer

I'm in game now and going to lower it and post back.
  20. Grandizer

well, it doesn't help really. I was just at Dekat Interlink and went from 135fps in the fight outside to 50 and less inside I set Lighting on low. 135 is even low with a small fight. Turned it back to high, same performance, no difference. It sucks when you hit the fps pocket and then can't aim right.

120+ fps is what I would normally get in 96+. It affects the ROF of guns which is a double whammy. Also, there's pop in from aircraft and vehicles they just appear out of nowhere right in front of you.

Plus with the sound bug in general and low frame rate issue, smgs and other guns sound like burst fire in fights, especially on Oshur. It's not all the time but it happens especially in large pop fights.You don't even get the sound rendering correctly from enemy fire. Infil just killed me from behind with smg and the audio came in bursts like a shotgun, couldn't even react.