Anyone Else Getting Worse FPS Performance in Big Fights Post Update?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by BigNStrauss, Jul 13, 2022.

1. BigNStrauss

Title says it all.
    • Up x 1
  2. MUTALISKUS

I have particles and explosions lagging after updating the fps drawdown .ryzen 5600x. Before the update everything was fine.explosion c4 drops fps by- 50 -100 fps
    • Up x 1
  3. Grandizer

Absolutely. I'm over 100fps on max settings and it dunps to the 30's. Never ever had this before. terrible
  4. OneShadowWarrior

I saw how choppy the graphics were as well.

Usually I run high or ultra settings with shadows on low.

But today? Shadows off, effects low, flora off, particles medium
    Model high, textures ultra, lighting high
    Ambient occlusion on, everything else off - bloom, fog shadows
  5. STONERSBLISS

6. Mithril Community Manager

We're looking into these performance issues. Thanks!
  7. WatchTheNinja

When i look towards 96+ enemies my fps goes from 200+ > sub 50 but when i look at 96+ teammates its no issue
    Also rendering infantry and popin is happening sub 100m when ive been alive long enough.
    CPU bound in game, 3800x
    GPU 3090
  8. OneShadowWarrior

3080 RTX is running at maximum regardless of settings in this update. For the first time in over 20 years, turned vertical sync on to reduce the card from overheating in big fights. Problem solved.

Gsync on, frame rate limiter on, vertical sync on.
  9. UltimaRecon

Very much so, its atrocious. I'm normally playing 4k Ultra with solid 60fps in all situations. After this patch I drop hard to 20-30fps during fights that don't even seem that large.
  10. Grandizer

This may be a placebo effect. I'm on a 3070TI, always maximum settings since using a 1070TI for 3 years, always have fast V-Sync in NCP because of getting 250+ frames in warp gate and 100-130 in 96+ and the frame drops happened regardless. Limiting frames from 100+ to 60 only made the frames plummet from 60 to 30. I'm on a 240hz monitor and capping the HZ and frame limiter in control panel did nothing
  11. Grandizer

You can also add there's some kind of desync going on too I noticed after the update. A lot of players killing with the sound of one bullet hitting and all health and shield gone. Ping is 38-45 as usual but it seems like players are getting burst damage and the game isn't rendering much of it so you die to one blink in the head from a 600rpm weapon and don't see or hear the player hitting you in a 1v1.

Frames freezing alsoand game hitches for no apparent reason so you just keep getting killed trying to aim and the frames just stop then resume.
  12. OneShadowWarrior

Yup, I still see 30 fps in big fights. No improvements at all regardless of settings.

Game still feels very stuttery.
    • Up x 2
  13. Grandizer

ok I'm done posting on this with updates. Gonna stop playing till it's fixed I guess. I just tried to play at 12am EST figuring it would be better.

I have to go to 12v12 fights to have a smooth experience and when pop shows up, everything tanks and I have to battle against enemies, Euro high ping, pop in, enemy fire lagging and shots coming in a thump and then dead as soon as you hear it. I mean a naginata doesn't burst fire like a TR heavy weapon, can't aim smoothly, distant shots take longer to reach the target so it throws you off while high pingers further abuse the client side and everybody running janky with render lag.

Not fun at all. Hope they roll the update back