Anyone Else Getting Worse FPS Performance in Big Fights Post Update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BigNStrauss, Jul 13, 2022.

1. BigNStrauss

Title says it all.
    • Up x 2
  2. STONERSBLISS

i am. i never used to drop below 100 fps and not i am completely tanking in performance in the large battles. i even went full potato and still **** performance. my pc is high end.... i7 12700k with 32 gig ram and 3080ti ftw3
  3. Yaesu

Yep, but with nearby explosions only. Had never seen it before until this patch.
  4. JibbaJabba

Performance is awful. Flickering **** everywhere. Broken lighting. Infravision should now carry a photosensitive seizure warning.
  5. RRRIV

just played on emerald. gunned for a randos harasser. lots of rubber-banding. that poor server hamster needs some water.
  6. VV4LL3

Yes. I'm running a top of the line gaming laptop I just picked up a month ago, 3080... graphic's card, 32g RAM, ... normally 120-200 FPS, but when the game pans across a player with shiny/ reflective skin on their armor, FPS tanks to 20.
  7. BlackFox

My FPS and ping are actually fine - but animations look like stop motion and changing weapons often result in me not being able to switch to any other weaponslot.
  8. Mithril Community Manager

We're looking into these performance issues now. Stay tuned for further updates about this in the coming week or so.
    • Up x 2
  9. RabidIBM

Thanks Mithril. My game was going to hell any time I was in a big fight last night.
    • Up x 1