[Suggestion] Remove Redeployside entirely

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by shameful, Jun 21, 2022.

1. OSruinedPS1

God forbid the "majority of the playerbase" spends half their time traveling from one base to another, what all that space was meant for anyways, instead of constantly bouncing around the map staring at the spawn screen.
  2. OSruinedPS1

That would just reward the zergfits that use galaxies, you know those zergfits that's been destroying everyone else's enjoyment of the game by their redeployside.
  3. OSruinedPS1

10+ minutes? It takes an ESF less than 90 seconds to fly from one side of the map to another.
  4. OSruinedPS1

Getting rid of the convience of redeploying whenever you want is nothing like pre lattice days. In fact if it weren't for redeployside we wouldn't even need a lattice. Redeploy exploiters looked at a map to see which base had zero pop and then instantly redeployed to next base to attack it.
  5. TR5L4Y3R

ok cool let´s play a 3 hour session, wasting half the time driving around between allied bases instead of driving from your allied redeploy spawnlocation to the enemy base ... that majority of the playerbase would not stay for long if that would be the new coreexperience ... neither any newcomers ..

right because the majority of players uses ESFs ... and not sunderers ... you know the main mobile spawnpoint vehicle meant to inititiate attacks ... because sure people want to spend 300 nanites just from getting to point a to b ...
  6. shameful

you do realize this wouldn't prevent you from pulling at the front line bases once you arrived right? it would be a way to keep forces physically on the map instead of an ethereal army suddenly appearing, both sides would need to travel from the last friendly base they were at but you people are acting like I suggested you only be able to pull from warpgate and major bases, that is not what I'm advocating in the least, what I am saying is the last FRIENDLY base you were at should be able to be respawned at; and any friendly spawn point in an enemy hex you've physically entered. None of this redeploy one unit from each of your platoon squads and placing a beacon on the furthest end of the map to ghost cap or instant respond to a cap at that location, both sides should see that the enemy is coming instead of one or two trickling in then suddenly a huge **** you zerg out of the aether
  7. TR5L4Y3R

ok explain then

i start a session, get into the continent .. deploy standart at warpgate .. i´m hitting redeploy, what will be my options redeploywise? ..
    if i arrived at the front, die while the base i defended was captured were will i be able to redeploy to?
  8. shameful

warpgate, amp stations, tech plants, bio labs direct deploy to but others you need to travel to
  9. AntDX316

If you want a game like that play ArmA or a game called Squad. I hardly play those games because it takes forever to get back into battle. Oshur is a map exactly like you said. We don't need it to be like that on every map. Being able to mass redeploy is what makes the game awesome. Pulling pop somewhere else can mean you lose the bases that people left and sometimes lose an alert because of it on the last 1 minute.
  10. TR5L4Y3R

so again making defense much harder, making it much MUCH harder to respond to a zergrush .. you are not gonna alleviate the problem of aggressive Zergs with this especially if there exists an overpop ..

JibbaJabba had a interesting notion i would be more willing to agree with but may be difficult to implement if at all....
    which is to limit the general redeployability based on pop of a hex .. in which case if a aggressive zerg arrives people will have the responsetime to defend the zerged hex up to how big any popside is (maybe even set a total general pop threshold for the hex) ... meaning either the offensive pop or defensive pop can only redeploy so much in relation on how big the pop on each side is .. preferably having the popsides be as close to a 50/50 as possible ... realistically we may get 40/60 or 60/40 .. but that´s still much better than heaving to deal with a 30/70 situation ...

so in a sense making transportation from ANY allied base you redeployed to necessary once the target hex be it for defense OR offense reached critical pop on either side ..
    the biggest problem PS2 still has and incredibly enough actually got worse over the years is the lack of communication, not only the communication within the faction itself to actually give rough coordination to members how or where to proceed during territorycapture during an alarm but simply for the player himself to have a good overview were reinforcements are really needed or were to attack were it makes sense ..

fights inbetween are not what matter, what matters is getting forces to the frontline the goal being to distribute the entire pop across the frontlines), keep fights going and be able to adapt as quick as necessary to the ever shifting frontline ..

according to
    we indeed had a limited spawnsystem with the release of Oshur (i haven´t played Oshur on release) but since apparently things didn´t pan out as intended the devs reverted the changes back to the current system ...
  11. Johannes Kaiser

True, but delaying respawns based on overpop might still take some off teh edge off, plus it means some people may be a little less enthusiastic in joining the 90/10 fight on the bigger side. At that point every tiny thing is helps. I make a point of mocking my enemies in yell chat when they come with 70+% overpop, tanks and air (along the lines of "you sure you don't also need spaceships and nukes to win this?"), because it is the only possible thing, and then leave for greener pastures. It's just impossible and supremely unfun to defend and I am for every change that might take a single player out of the overwhelming zerg.
  12. Somentine

Don't get me wrong, it is trash game-play. Sometimes it isn't even wholly their fault, sometimes your own faction is being double teamed or simply being lemmings. However, most suggestions would do nothing to curb overpop or zergs, while actively hindering others - like larger even pop fights.
  13. shameful

larger even pops never happens, the minute any resistance is encountered they immediately redeploy to the other side of the map
  14. Johannes Kaiser

Not entirely true. I've seen (and been in) quite a few of those in the last week alone. But for every relatively even big fight (talking no more of an imbalance than 55/45, often less than that) there are at least two with a pop imbalance of at least 65/35. Then comes the fact that all too often those fair fights are on strategically unimportant bases during an alert that some thickheads just can't let go, but that's an entirely different can of worms.

What this game would need is an incentive to create roughly even fights, no matter the size. Say, the larger the overpop is, the lower the XP gain is. And no outfit resources are generated if the attackers have more than twice the amount of defenders on the scoreboard (not counting pop at the end because often defenders will already have left by the last few seconds no matter the actual participation numbers, if the fight was going badly enough). Wonder how many zergballs converging on vulnerable bases defended by 3 players we'd see if all they get for a kill is 1 XP and a complimentary kick to the jaw for being pricks. Don't get me wrong, strategically it makes sense, but here we also need to consider that it's a game and therefore supposed to be fun. And if you also get the opposite, meaning more XP for underpop, people will want to go there to support, and both factors would help even out the pop.
  15. Somentine

Again, your hyperbole does nothing to help you and the rest is just simply incorrect. Larger, *relatively* even fights do happen, and they happen frequently. They are also, typically, some of the longest lasting fights because spawns are a lot harder to be taken out by a dedicated anti-fun player or two. And no, you don't suddenly get 48-96 people just instantly redeploying during a fight, especially not simply because they have to actually fight people.
  16. shameful

you absolutely do get zergs that will immediately redeploy the second fights get anywhere near even pop; hell most zergfits use that as their exact playbook. Hop across the map and spamming hit your u keys until a minimal response happens resulting in basically a ghost cap
  17. VV4LL3

I think this change would only encourage zerg balls... and then make them more unstoppable.
    • Up x 1
  18. Somentine

Most zergfits struggle to blitz down a single lane in Oshur, and you seriously believe they are mass redeploying to ghost cap (?) bases, especially when they are busy in an actual even pop fight?

Are you mistaking the relatively organized mid-fits for zergs and zergfits?