[Suggestion] spawn buffs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MyBroodmother, Jun 25, 2022.

1. MyBroodmother

Planetside is on the up sort of. spawns need buffs

buff suggestions.
    Sunderers now have 7k hp to most anti vehicle resistances. ( NO to one guy being able to end the fight. This is a battle royal game rn and no fights is bad for the game)
    Lodestars use sunderer resistances and have a larger shield. ( One sg shreds a spawn too fast as does any other flak) or anything to make a lodestar not squishy.
    Ants gain deploy shield and no longer give out ammo.
    Ants can get stealth module like a sunderer.
    YEET ship has a way to park players and survive before it finishes development.
    SPAWN BEACONS NO LONGER SHOOT A LIGHT INTO THE SKY SAYING HERE I AM.
    ROUTERSS HAVE LONGER RANGE AGAIN
    Bastion being active makes anvils half off.

SPAWN BEACONS NO LONGER ARE BUGGED WITH DOUBLE CLICK INSTANT SPAWN.
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

Its completely OK if a Sunderer is destroyed by a single guy. However what needs to happen is that players can fortify the area around a Sunderer to detect, delay and engage a would-be attacker.

A simple way to do this is to let players buy deployables at the Sunderer which can be placed nearby any deployed Sunderer. These would all give off a map signal when destroyed to make sure players are warned something is happening and where it is happening.
    All of the deployables would be aimed at slowing down enemies approaching and giving warnings when operating, for example:

- a deployable shield which pushes enemy infantry away when they try to cross it. One magazine of most weapons would deactivate the shield and let players pass, the shield warns when its under attack with a map signal and a local sound. The deployable needs to be destroyed seperately to prevent the shield regenerating.
    - a minelayer which pops highly visible mines on the ground, walls and ceiling around it (with a maximum limit deployed at a time ofcourse). The mines deal low damage (say 100) and push players away when detonating. It would encourage enemies to shoot the minelayer and the mines before progressing.
    - local detection equipment. If you can place a camera with a darklight attached that Q-spots any enemies passing through, a laser tripwire that does similar and an altered Dildar that gives additional warnings of enemies it detects you can spot and notice enemies approaching, giving you a chance to defend.

These are just quick examples. The idea would be that the Sunderer is defended by players and not passively making someone's efforts in vain simply because the Sunderer is too tough.

Your other suggestions:
    - spawnbeacons do need that light. They are too small and invisible as it is. Especially if a Squadlead has brains and uses an LA to place it somewhere good it can become nigh undetectable. Already you can place it on antennae to make it hard to spot and destroy. Without the light then any corner of a building, any box you can place it on or between or even out in the open can be stealthy enough to not be noticeable.
    - routers need to be altered. They would let you place two teleport pads within 300m of one another to get players wherever you want including NDZ's. Medics get access to a 200 nanite Forwards Station which anyone within the base area and within 300m can spawn to.
    • Up x 1
  3. VV4LL3

Great ideas!
  4. MyBroodmother

I really don't care how they do it but one player should not be able to kill a whole line of logistics without an equivalent resource.
  5. Liewec123

I'll agree to anything that buffs spawns, The ant stealth/cloak buff would be great.
    Also totally agree ant should get a deployment shield instead of useless ammo dispenser.

Imho sundy should have deployment shield as a built in passive,
    so all sundies have it, you can then also take blockade or cloak.
    They are supposed to be the main spawn vehicle, so deploy shield built in seems like an obvious move.

Galaxy is in a tough spot, having both a large hitbox and long render range,
    imho the spawning utility would be better suited in the utility slot than a defence slot.
    And then we could think about adding an extra tier to the Stealth defensive slot
    which let's the gal cloak when deployed, like the sundy.
    Or we could simply add 'lodestar deployment cloak' to the utility options.
  6. Akashar

2 bricks of C4 are more expensive than a sundy if i remember correctly, and can't kill it unless it's not shielded AND already damaged. The cost of losing a line of logistic to a single guy should fall on the sundy's owner, that couldn't save it from one guy that took like 20 seconds to kill it at least
    • Up x 1
  7. MyBroodmother

c4 is 150 for two bricks and LA just jumps on top of sundy for free popping the bus which is 200 nanites. I am saying you should need another vehicle to kill it. C4 alone should not be able to one shot effectively most spawn solutions. + SHAPED CHARGES penetrate vehicle armor not C4. I understand its a game but tankers hate this fact that C4 is such a threat.
  8. OneShadowWarrior

I would like deploy zones removed from spawn vehicles. This was added before Bastions, orbital strikes, now? The survival rate of said vehicles is really bad and the locations they are deployed is way to predictable.

The stealth cloaking needs to be reduced in size on the Sunderer. I wish the ant when deployed had a similar option as well.
  9. JibbaJabba

Sorry, but no.

A Single person *should* be able to destroy a Sundy that is unattended.
    • Up x 2
  10. Demigan

Hehe, you want realism?

If we assume the cost of a real-life tank (even a relatively cheap one) and convert 1/3rd that cost into two C4 blocks, you would have enough C4 to recreate Hiroshima. So realistically the "C4" would blow up multiple tanks per brick. So how about we leave "realism" at the door and dont try to use it when you think it may be in your favor while ignoring it when its not? Because realistically your vehicles would be a LOT more expensive. A single cheap inert training shot would cost more than a single brick of C4.

Also I dont know what you think a shaped charge is, but you can absolutely make a shaped charge out of C4. All you need is a high explosive and a medium that can create a proper plasticity jet to cut through the armor.

The reason why tankers hate C4 is because its an ambush tool. Every time someone is C4red they feel they couldnt protect against it. This is learned behaviour however, since everything else infantry can throw at them is so weak that tanks rarely fear infantry AV. After all why should you fear something that you outrange, outshoot, have less shell drop for more accuracy, you can tank a few off while your enemy can be OHK'd, outrun and should they threaten you then most of the time you can hop behind cover, repair up and start over. Then when they are so lax that they dont notice someone coming up to them with C4 it feels unfair as they never needed to pay much attention before.
    In extreme cases this means you get tankers sitting in an easily approachable spot, get C4red, then they immediately pull a new tank and park at the exact same spot and insult you for C4ring them again. Infantry needs a range of nanite costing utilities to kill enemy vehicles and get something other than C4 to bring along with them.

Sunderers should absolutely 100% be possible to be destroyed by 1 single guy. But that does not mean it has to be easy. Like I said, add ways to slow down would-be attackers and warn nearby players of approaching enemies so that a single player has to fight the Sunderer owners/allies in order to destroy it solo.
    • Up x 1
  11. MyBroodmother

... can't stop it demi. 9/10 there will be a crew of 3 able to stop an army just because the bus got sniped. Beacons (once nerfed and fixed.) Need to be adjusted. Routers need purpose again.( thinking 700 instead of 500 so you aren't sitting on top of a no deploy zzone for a router.)
  12. Demigan

You dont really want to understand what I am writing do you? Just because I disagree with your premise?

There is no need for Sunderers to be able to survive one person's attacks passively. In fact it would be massively unfair if you can reach a Sunderer with a full AV kit and not be able to blow it up.
    However what the Sunderer needs is players to protect it. Its not unfair for one player to blow a Sunderer if they have to fight to do it. Leaving defenders is a problem as defenders will get massively bored of waiting for something that may never come (the same problem G2A often struggles with). So you instead make sure players are warned of someone approaching and give them time to return and defend it. This is a magnitude better than "oh yeah my Sunderer can tank everything they can throw at it so we dont have to really bother".

Also nice way of moving the goalposts, going from "this is against solo players" to now a crew of 3 attacking it.
    • Up x 1
  13. Baneblade

Spawn Beacons are too often abused to be buffed. They should be removed entirely frankly. Use a Router if you want a spawn in an annoying location.
  14. Baneblade

C4 is too universally useful and there's nothing it can't devastate. Frankly it doesn't really make sense in this style of game, but the devs wanted it because PS1 had something like it. But in PS1, Boomers were only ever really effectively used against infantry, MAXes, and Reactors. Against anything else there were way better tools.

C4 shouldn't be more scary to a tank than a fracking AT missile. That's for sure.
  15. Demigan

There's 2 problems with c4:

1: its too universal
    2: there are no other (attack) utility options, making C4 the ultimate "just in case" choice.

1 is solved by splitting C4 into different variants with their own purpose. The simplest method would be just having one AI and one AV variant. But while you are at it you can easily make several variations. Like a Thermite version which does a DOT against vehicles until removed, meaning the drivers have to deal with the one who deployed it and remove the charge in time before it destroys them, but giving them more time to actually deal with it.

2: just introduce more resource costing deployables and weapons for the utility slot! Shields, more advanced rocket/missile launchers, weapons that temporarily nerf vehicles and aircraft, a variety of grenade launchers, experimental weapons like hardlight launchers or gravlift manipulators to tear stuff apart etc. You can have variations that cost resource on use (like grenades, C4) and that cost resources when bought but stay with you until respawn. Its not hard to create idea's. If you add more options there is less chance a player will carry C4 as a weapon of opportunity to attack their opponents.
  16. Baneblade

LAs and Medics are the only classes that rely heavily on C4 as it is... but, they don't need it.

LAs have a perfectly viable AV weapon in the Rocklet now. Medics never really needed C4, they just have nothing more useful to put there, and it doesn't hurt to be able to take out a MAX easily.

So simply remove C4. LAs will miss it, but they don't need it to continue dominating the game. Medics can be given something appropriate for the class in that slot. HAs won't even know its gone, and the rare Eng who used C4 will just go back to mines.
  17. Demigan

The Rocklet is only useful in combination with C4. Its a weak, slow, mostly inaccurate AV weapon (unless you want to reduce DPS even more) that needs point-blank range to almost equal the DPS of regular rocketlaunchers. While I am absolutely for splitting C4 into different variants and adding alternatives to put in that slot I am against removing it entirely. I would rather add (even) more options for vehicles to detect infantry in time. For example if proxy radars give a chirping sound whenever infantry gets within 20m and a louder one if they get within 10m (less than a Sunderer length).
    Only when infantry has enough resource costing weapons to actually destroy vehicles rather than let them repair up behind cover ad infinitum would there be a possibility to remove C4 from LA's entirely. And even then I would rather remove the "instant" C4 versions and use something like the Thermite charge instead so the crew has time to deal with the situation after a placement.

For Medics its not a problem to have C4, but the lack of other options is a problem.

We do need it. Removing C4 means removing the only AV tool from the only class that can semi-reliably destroy vehicles, rather than tickle them into cover while the tank tanks OHK shots at you. Untill viable alternatives exist to break vehicles dominating so much every base needs walls to segregate them from infantry that c4 on LA's is a must.

I dont know why you focus on its removal so much. Medics with C4 is ok, Engi's with C4 is ok and gives alternatives to Sundies with mineguard. HA's with C4 is OK and also useful for clearing doorways for example. Everything you've said could just as easily be applied to HESH rounds for example. You should never outright remove something before considering alterations and/or replacements. Just outright asking for it to be removed without considering its role and purpose in the game and the effects it would have (other than "now we are safer in my favor") is not the way to go.
  18. RaiMarie

Most things can be dealt with when you are on guard with enough people, but the only thing that almost always gets through are the c4 drops from high up. Lot of times little mans will be up in sky dropping c4 bombs and nobody will notice them either because of rendering or just because how small they can be up in sky. Those are significantly harder to deal with and made worse when an occasional hacker with c4 teleports around...