[Suggestion] NSO MAX Weapon that fires straight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VV4LL3, Jun 18, 2022.

1. VV4LL3

Could we please... just get a viable NSO MAX weapon that just fires straight? No more need to figure out 5 second lead times, ballistic trajectories, minimum weapon distances, just to hit infantry once before being hosed down.
    • Up x 1
  2. Exileant

:eek: An R.P.G. or Missile Printer as an infantry focus? o_O Something like that? :D I know I would love it.;)

The unrealistic jutting back and forth and around bends that H.A. and L.A. do constantly thanks to instant turning of maximum look settings is killing the game something fierce. It is like playing the original Unreal Tournament on PlayStation 2..... No kind of movement, momentum or gravity logic applied..... Just point and click at the Game-boy Dot-mation people representations....

:( It is the main reason, all of the weapons are a waste of money.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

yeah, no idea why they're wasting time working on boats when NSO are still unfinished...

the NSO max is in desperate need of finishing.
    its hilarious that the NSO max is the only one who can't use the NS max weapons.
    i'd trade my future child for a pair of Gorgons or Bursters.

also while Doku is back on board we should have him design a super sexy NSO max.
    in my dreams the NSO max looks like a Ymir mech from mass effect!
    [IMG]

we can always keep the silly grenade printers as an option and give them a weapon model,
    but yeah we need more traditional weapons, maybe heat weapons like the grenade printers.
    • Up x 5
  4. VV4LL3

YES! What a great idea!

I always thought of a very slow moving, cruise missile that leaves the MAX vulnerable while it's in flight, would be novel. Or rail guns...

I also thought they should add a compass/target camera like on real artillery. Then be able to have another team mate paint the target with a fabricated targeting / dart gun that guides your Detonator rounds in... kinda like a mini flail.

Either way, you're right, something more practical that doesn't 1. damage the max just for using too close. 2. can be used in straight tight corridors, or spaces with limited window/ target view, or has top cover of some kind. 3. Can attack air and does not time out, get out ran, and doesn't have an engage distance of melee. 4. does not have a 1 second firing delay and a 5 second flight time...

People on Connery have fun and knife NSO MAXes, that's how stupidly weak they are.
    • Up x 1
  5. VV4LL3

EXACTLY!

THIS
    vvvvv

"its hilarious that the NSO max is the only one who can't use the NS max weapons.
    i'd trade my future child for a pair of Gorgons or Bursters."

Nice! Yeah, I also have no idea why the NSO MAX is a busted up piece of junk too with a massive head hit box. WOuld be nice to just not be broken.
  6. Exileant

:eek: Boats!?!?! :D You must be joking.... All of our vehicles are already boats or Submarines!

;) This would be my pitch for a Defector Model.

[IMG]
    ;) Give me this and I would be perfectly happy. The head and the claws are magma. A few colors should cover the neon bits to give players the option to go tactical over flair, but you could even leave the basic calves and I would buy it in spite of my boy-cot for the pandering to newbies and whiners. :eek: And GIVE BACK THE OPTION TO GO INTO FULL SCRATCH MODE! WHAT THE CRAP!? WHO WAS THAT HURTING!? What even makes a Defector a Hybrid anymore?
    • Up x 1
  7. VV4LL3

Great idea!!!

If only a DEV were to see this....
    • Up x 1
  8. Exileant

[IMG]

;) This one for guys in the audience. (o_O On both I would do away with the jutted out hook on the bottom jaw however, those and the dragon with an under bite or "Bulldog Jaw" have been done to death. As well as the uppermost protruding 5-head of the female... That can be shaved down a bit.) This is another reason I wanted a voices that made various roars, alarms and mechanized sounds. That would give those of us who used them enough some exclusivity for giving up the overpowered choice of T.R.'s EVERYTHING and N.C.s Turrets and Infantry weapons while providing an added challenge of learning their language. This would give us a slight tactical advantage in a crowd.

Typically when people are yelling things out, the enemy hears that and the player class that gets called out goes on high alert. In an already underpopulated situation calling out to teammates is already bad, but it is infinitely worse when the person you spotted KNOWS it is them you see right off the bat.o_O some help in this area would be of great help.

:D Anyway, back to the armor designs. To be honest, since we are not really supposed to be maxes, It would be much cooler if all of our armors were usable on all of our suits. The tell of a Defector should always be that it is not holding a weapon, due to the burned out sympathy/empathy chip. It would be stellar if before used out weapon we ran and functioned like normal infantry right up until we chose to attack, then we throw our weapon aside and start throwing stuff and remain slow until death. Or give us a full on DEPLOYMENT MODE. We function like regular soldiers, with very basic weapons and then deploy into "Savage Mode" That would give us the ability to last a little longer considering EVERY class except infiltrator can carry C4. I get Engineers carrying C4... But why does a medic, and Heavy Assault have it? On what concept table did it make sense for a LIGHT Assault to carry C4 and not an Infiltrator? :eek: At least an Infiltrator would have to warn you by De-cloaking and could only approach from the ground.... It is like: :confused: "Huh?"

o_O Fighting against this much C4 on an already under populated Faction is murder. We need to still be able to take points. That never should have changed. And the Seraph Shield is WORTHLESS when it comes to living, even with Ablation Armor. 60% + 40% is 100% which means some set ups should allow for zero damage yet every time I activate my Seraph and someone detonates C4 on it, I die. It serves no purpose. It should have a life bar of its own like a wide over-shield and why has it been 2 years and you still have not addressed our grenades detonating on our own own shields?

:eek: Another suggestion is Under-population Overcharge. Where our maxes have 100% more armor so we can at the very least PLAY against 10 and 20 person squads in stead of redeploying constantly or dying over and over to literally EVERYONE tossing 2 bricks of C4 when all it takes is ONE to kill you.... Lets say you are up against 5 people all by yourself. Everyone has C4 and none of them is an Engineer. That is 10 Bricks of C4 you would have to dodge.... :confused: Add 2 bricks for each engineer. That is 20 bricks if they are all Engineers. What is a Defector supposed to really do against those odds when our printers overheat so quickly, fire so slowly, damage our own shields, which is the same as our bodies, and cannot even take points.

o_O It is getting bad on Genudine, people are leaving in waves.... Yesterday was the first time I have seen 0 population on a Faction and N.C. be blocked off at the ships on Oshur. :( 2 very old players quit that day because N.S.O. was able to do NOTHING to balance the scales.
    • Up x 1
  9. VV4LL3

@Exiliant Holy... that sounds and looks amazing!
    • Up x 1
  10. Exileant

:( I swear, if I worked there, I would have it to where the dead would rise from their grave just to throw money at this old tail game.

:eek: I want to stress that I prefer hands free even if we leaned in Liewec's direction of using conventional weapons. To that end I would make use of shoulder cannons like the Orange Female I posted has for a conventional Omni payload weapon or Robocop 2/Kane and Predator. Or even something that rests on the Defectors back and either moves into positions or vertically fires and uses smart ammunition to halt at head level adjust and fly strait at a target, like this one would. :confused: Who says missiles have to corner the market in smart ammunition?
    [IMG]

;) Add a Gatling gun on the shoulder for an Alternate weapon and, you have another of my dream Defectors. A Kangagon! No jutted out Bulldog Jaw, no overly complex Crown Of Horns. :D Add an extra set of laid back ears to simulate extra horns and the phrase: "SHUT-UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" comes to mind.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. VV4LL3

I know, right! Imagine the flood of subscriptions to just have a taste of the bada$$ery you're posting.
  12. Exileant

I even had a way to explain and fix the dated graphics. Hahaha! I was thinking that the signature limp that they Defectors do could also vary with the armor you equipped. Instead of ALL of them limping they could walk around in GZ-11's stance of: "Do ya want some, Do ya WANT some!?" After all a burned out emotion regulator does not have to affect motor skills.... In fact I would think the opposite would occur. Since you do not care about the suffering of others, you would not care about you own well-being either, so you would move with more purpose. Pain might be there but that would not make you limp because you would not care about it like being hyped up on adrenaline. I do not know if you remember the game Chaos Legion for P.S.2 but how they swapped between normal attack and Legion mode is what a hybrid should be doing.

o_O To that end, I would give Defectors the ability to use a variation of Charge as their intrinsic trait, to evade C4, however if you managed to hit people you would kill them and for that, I would give them the animation of stretching out and running like a Raptor. Something like this, but with the claws held at the angle of GZ-11's, but with the claws open so people could get caught on them to explain why they died, even though being trampled by something weighing 500 to 1000 pounds is plenty... You will still have some that will say: "That is not possible you could surviiiiiiiive thaaAAAAaaaat....." NooOOOOooooo, you could noooOOOOooooot.... But here!
    [IMG]
    That + Claws = Dead!

I would allow their EVER EMPTY UTILITY SLOT to use Merit equipment. At the very least, things like Infravision. They are big enough to carry it all and SHOULD as hybrids. And small enough to pull and drive larger ground vehicles like Sunderers, A.N.T.s, M.B.T.s and even a Galaxy. (Lightnings are too small, they are also agile so they do not need that kind of help.) Basically I would draw the line at things you could not get inside a base with. However things like the unarmed Merit bike to get from point A to point be and RIDE A CHIMERA!!!! And with that fix, we could forever be a victim of single hit C4 deaths. Because we would have an out.

:confused: Before we get a FLOOD of people crying NO WAY... You have to remember, NOBODY rides Chimeras unless they are able to get the turret, and no matter how much you THINK that is a MAJOR advantage, it is not. For one, you can only use one at a time, no matter how much you believe you are toting a Heavenly amount of firepower you can only use 1 third of it. Two, you are at the mercy of the vehicle you are in, meaning if you slip up and get you vehicle destroyed, so too goes that suit. This leads to 3 and the most important.... o_O If you pull a Defector and use it to drive a Chimera.... That is IT for your Nanites. In fact you still have to wait a full minute to pull the M.B.T. if you are not a member and are not using any Nanite boosters. You will not be able to do it again for another 7 minutes. TOO COSTLY! Even while I believe it should be possible; I do not know whether I personally would do it more than once considering a Liberator can obliterate an M.B.T. before the game has to to process that you are holding the GET OUT button. :( Though that was the most important, there is still a fourth drawback; N.S.O.s are ALWAYS on an underpopulated team..... Which means our EVERYTHING gets destroyed quickly and without question first because we are alone most of the the time and outnumbered ALL of the time. This is a Faux advantage in a world where REAL advantage is needed, (Like our vehicles operating by themselves after we get out or something.) ;) None the less, the illusion would draw many players, new and old to join N.S.O. and help balance the game.

Faux or not, what this WOULD somewhat sort out, is a solo Liberator taking full advantage of solo vehicles like tanks because it would give them much needed additional fire power and would offer a vehicle trade situation if the pilot has to stop moving in order to zero in at a range that will not allow us to out run the shell.

;) Another way to help for those of us too cheap waste nanites by dropping out of a PERFECTLY GOOD DEFECTOR to then waste MORE Nanites to pull a vehicle... or to to risk pulling a vehicle AND Defector combo but do not want to remain at a base that was taken or there are no accessible vehicle terminals available to use and you do not want to be left behind, a personal movement platform based in merit could be an option for movement between bases when population is not on you side. Something like this as a Slide Thruster platform. o_O It should have the speed of a Drifter Jet platform with small Magburner style bursts of speed in any direction to aid in Escaping floods of enemies. While Operating it should move with the purpose of a Javelin and can hover in all directions at the same speed. Using it can draw from the energy of the Printers, slowing the grenade toss speed by half. It should run off of Cortium and would and the size of the tank would be affected by the passive Cortium booster skill. I would say 2500 base and 5000 with the skill maxed, and use 100 per second, It is a perishable item after all. Not to mention while it is on, the additional size would make you stick out like a sore thumb and a priority target. To that end, equipping it again while you already have one, should jettison the pack you have so you can resume sort of blending in with your fellow soldiers. However jettisoning should also cost Merit as a waste fee for those who will inevitably learn to equip and jettison with speed and as a side-affect would stop people from trying to abuse an instant refresh. I would say to call one it would cost 50 and 50 to wastefully jettison. If you use it all up, it should pop off for free, encouraging you to remain a high priority target for longer and not be a wasteful JERK! Finish what you order and RECYCLE! Even in a video game! Teach people to do right when they least expect it through repetition.:p
    [IMG]
    :eek: Standard Maxes are Murder houses; ;) so as Hybrids, give us our own specific equipment as well basic Merit to stand out and have a purpose.
    • Up x 1
  13. VV4LL3

Exileant: You're going to need to copyright these ideas, I swear. Some of NSO capabilities would just make the game more fun.

What? Make them fair, and balanced? Why would anyone consider that?
    • Up x 1
  14. Baneblade

Bring back BFRs, but only NSO can use them...

That would be hilarious.
    • Up x 1
  15. Exileant

Hahaha!:D

Firstly, thank you very much. I am currently working on a game of my own and have already copy written my characters. I have been doing so for years. :( I had to wait until the technology caught up with what I had in my head and for it to become cheap enough for me to get started. Playstation 1 graphics were not enough for me to say: "OK! The time is now!" Plus back then I was still in Grade School. :p:D Hahaha! When it comes to copy writing things like functions in games, things get tricky, and VERY expensive and can easily end in futility if you get nuts with it... Like how T-Rump tried to copyright "Your Fired." However, believe me when I say this: I exercised the laws of C.Y.A. When it came to the important things. ;) These game ideas are ones I was willing to part with because they fit with N.S.O. and the Defectors play style and are but embers of what I truly plan to do.

:confused: I learned a loooooong time ago; any time you really want to see anything you pitch considered, you have to be thorough. If you do 90% of the work it shows you really care about what you want and makes it easier for them to put into action. :( A lot of times even the best of ideas are not explored because techs just do not have the time to workout the details.
    • Up x 1
  16. Exileant

:D Well I actually pitched that our M.B.T.s should be able to transform into Mechs, or at the very least jump, duck and have the ability to augment their legs in manors that would allow them to fire their main barrels at Liberators as a special ability. Stilt mode to pass over even Sunderers without flipping

[IMG]
    I am so happy someone did this. These do not show the Chimera in sitting position or down-dog but you can imagine. From the left to the right is Position A through C.
    So to adjust the angle drastically, and give our tanks a fighting chance The front wheals could lock in position C while the rear locks into position A.
    ;) For high ground snipers, the front could move to position A while the rear jacks up to position C. But I would not stop there. I would have it be able to move and lock at whatever position you needed much like the controls of the Hydrolic pump, and Airbags of the vehicles in Grand Theft Auto. Adjust, then click a thumb stick to lock, that way you are rarely at the mercy of your pull up position. And have a button to lift all to max and click again to lower all to max. Clicking both would return it to default ride height.
    :confused: So say you drove forward onto a narrow ledge with a steep drop on either side and you cannot turn around to angle the nose or rear at your target. If the target is to the left, Lower the Left side to Position A and the Right into position C. Same for Air targets, only you would do raise and lower in reverse.
    You cannot look at a Chimera and tell me it does not look like a Mech in Armored-car mode, just READY to stand up. ;) Best looking tank in the GAME by far.
    :D I just melt every time I drive one because of Moon Buggy.
    • Up x 1
  17. OneShadowWarrior

I don’t even understand why existing nanite weapons can’t be used on NSO maxes like the Gorgons?
  18. Exileant

I forgot to mention that starting off in position C and augmenting the stick should LOWER in the direction it is pointed.

;) I also need to point out, that the ability to dance will do next to nothing for its ability to survive on its own due to its size, especially if the wheels count as hits, they already cause the machine MASSIVE problems when it comes to buildings and trees. It needs something more. Again this is the only tank that cannot pivot and that is a MASSIVE disadvantage when fighting another tank so they need something that can tip the scales. I again, suggest a raid recharging area of effect weapon with the combined abilities of Discharge of Indar's and the Disengage Implant to push away and flip vehicles that get too close to it. And for 2 seconds it leaves behind a nullification field that absorbs 100% damage. I would make it do additional things in each major position. And it would be able to recharge every 13 seconds base, and every 8 seconds at maximum. o_O This way it would only be able to be used 2ice in any full on fight. Considering T.R.'s Barrage lasts the entire fight and can rip off 5 volleys which is more than enough to kill any tank, and N.C.s Shields and additional armor both last the entire fight that is more than fair.

When Activated in position A, surplus energy is routed to the engines for a bursts of forward or reverse speed (IF the vehicle is moving in one of those directions. Otherwise it will remain parked) giving the vehicle a hiccup like ability to rapid deploy, and limited dodge ability in order to make up for its size and make use of the massive jets mounted the rear of the vehicle.

When Activated in Position B, surplus energy is routed to the wheel engines and you are granted 8 seconds of increased torque for climbing steep terrain a much needed out for this behemoths escape while it is alone.

When activated in Position C, Surplus Energy is routed to any vehicle friendly between its legs :)pPhrasing) overcharging its armor is grants a 30 second 2000 point over-shield. This would help provide protection to any backup it might find. Like say a healing Sunderer Lightning or even a fellow Chimera lowered into position A before they got out to repair, to truly encourage teamwork play. That would come with a major risk to the driver of the healing Chimera, and would require a good bit of skill from the shielding Chimera as just flying over them any kind of way can see you accidentally running your friend over, thus leaving their tank unmanned and you.... Alone....

;) I would also give this thing an Easter Egg. If you try to do this with an ENEMY vehicle the Chimera will act like a Railgun and fire the vehicle out of the front at 200+ K.P.H. While the firing process would do no damage at all badly impacting the environment and possible flipping, would. (A hilarious I caught you completely off guard move used on say, a Prowler or Vanguard on a mountain cliff fire them off the side and watch them FLY! If you manage to sneak up on them in that big mess they deserve it.:D ) For Magriders starting off in position A and activating C to perform a jump while under them could launch them skyward, so if you want to have a chance to flip them being half under them in some way would be necessary.
    This would be in the Defensive slot, so sadly you could not roll around unseen all of the time but given its ability to defend if you properly time your shield deployments and run, that is a fair trade. I would call the ability: War Platform

o_O An option I would give in the Utility slot, is Weaponized Wheels. Anything coming in contact with its wheels takes moderate to heavy damage, increasing with each wheel that makes contact with the target. Meaning you would have to get creative if you want to get more than 2 wheels to make contact with a vehicle. o_O Because of where this is located, you can run this with Vehicle Stealth or War Platform if you are willing to give up FIRE SUPPRESSION...

:D With things like this, you would be forced to TRULY learn how to use it passed clicking a button for it to be useful. That is what makes games fun to me.
  19. Exileant

;) Because we have weapons that are effective by default to both infantry and Vehicles. There is one advantage that nobody can take away from a Defector, and that is there are no weapons that exist that cannot do damage to EVERYTHING. Yes it does only light damage to armor and moderate damage to infantry, but we are at all time capable of damaging both and while on our own we might not be able to drop anything properly, if we chime in on a discussion we can easily sway the conversation in our friends favor. o_O So to me, something like a Gorgon is not needed and goes against the spirit of firing things from your hands. If anything I would want something like a shoulder mounted Trawler as a secondary weapon. :eek: You know because we are HYBRIDS and should have access to a SECONDARY!:D
    • Up x 1
  20. VV4LL3

The ballistic trajectory/ slow moving projectile just isn't worth it though. It literally takes 5 seconds, multiple hits (if you're lucky), to be semi consistent with a Detonator. Something that has an extreme curve, hard to use, minimum range,... Just to maximize the damage in distance, you literally have to arc the rounds so high, you can no longer see the target. Let's not even get started at trying to shoot at someone flying around you with jump jets, or up a hill. #respawn

Humming Bird -- Literally a waste of a slot. Projectiles so slow a galaxy can easily outrun them. The lock on time vs the average speed of aircraft flying by, means that by the time an aircraft enters range, gets lock, then flies out... the projectiles cannot keep up and explode at max range. If you're lucky you might catch a sunderer parked, in which case use a Detonator, then swap out. That is if it doesn't move and roll away by then OR they send a light infantry with a pea-shooter to kill you.

Grenade launcher: All any infantry does is get really close. As they attack you, you have no choice but to melee back with a 2-3 second cool down. Try using the grenade, you damage yourself even faster and if they're equipped, can outlive you... The only perk is if you're holding a room. Splash damage hurts your own shields too...

All NSO weapons are a joke and highly situational, no where close to competitive with other like weapons. I don't care about unlimited ammo or damage type when you're dead. Does not matter at the redeploy screen.

Just give me a weapon that does not have a MIN range for some reason, does not have an inappropriate ballistic arc (with no targeting tools), has a fire time less than 1 sec, has a flight time less than 5 seconds, has a lock on range on par, has a projectile flight time on par, and does not hit your own shields (assuming that a new weapon would have the year long bug that was recently fixed...)...

NSO MAXes don't even have a special ability.. we're talking BASIC balance changes don't even exist.

But no... Devs are like "Here's a boat."
    • Up x 1