The problem of games losing their sound is getting worse

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by PSonline, Jun 13, 2022.

1. PSonline

Now it is 2 hours later must lose part of the sound, very punctual.
  2. Grandizer

Yep and even sooner. I just played one alert on Hossin and just left cause the sound bug kicked in. The other day, played one round of Oshur and as soon as I spawned into a new continent, sound bug.

It will never be fixed. Posts go back to 2013, people on PS4 reported it way back as well. I've reported in Bugs after Oshur launched cause it started sooner after that update, I posted it here a few weeks ago or longer, again like others

Devs on old posts asked people for sound samples so they could investigate. Nothing done since.

Mithril comes on the forum to acknowledge he's read the issue and that's where it kinda just falls off. Not even an update that it's an issue that will get attention or just say, we can't find out how to fix it.

"we're looking into it" is all you're going to get. A new update the other day fixed graphic issues but didn't even address the loadout problems that happened after Arsenal update.

I just expect it to happen, when it does and it's prime time like tonight, just have to accept I'm not getting back into the continent again for the rest of the night and log off.

One thing I have done though, is if I'm with our Outfit Platoon, I tell the PL I'm logging out with 2 mins left to the alert so he can save my spot, close and restart the client and log into the new continent before max pop floods in.

But hey, there's more stuff to buy in the store for summer event...so there's that.
  3. OneShadowWarrior

Yes my sound keeps cutting in and out in a 99+ 99+ fight on Emerald on Hossin at Nason’s.

This has been an ongoing issue when they went from DX9 to DX11 that has never been addressed. The audio for PS has been long overdue for a serious overhaul and it drastically effects performance. Latency for sure is also caused by audio delays, especially in larger fights.

The only way to eradicate it is restart the game to clear the cache memory that is corrupted or leaking.
  4. Grandizer

my personal ping is between 38ms-55ms depending on the continent. Indar is in the 30's-45's, Esamir a little higher, etc. Mine doesn't change in large battles at all. It happens just out of the blue. Used to always happen if I was on a long session, like nothing to do, play for 3+ hours, I knew sound bug would eventually happen. Now it's doing it during one alert and anytime I go to Oshur and go somewhere else, it seems to kick in faster after playing Oshur.

Perhaps, since it's been posted by me and others since Arsenal update, the server ping has been fluctuating from normal to over 250ms+. Everyone in game sees it on Emerald. Even then though, it doesn't drop out when the server chokes like that. I can play through that for more than one alert on different continents. Yesterday Hossin ran fine, there were no latency spikes on server side that I saw by watching the stats screen, then with 6 minutes left in the alert, sounds became muddled, no weapon fire, can't hear cloakers or much of the enemy shots distinctly like you would normally.

As I've mentioned in my bug report, it seems to kick in after a re-deploy. It doesn't happen in the middle of a fight you're at, until you die and respawn or re-deploy, then it happens.
  5. OneShadowWarrior

I just had it on Connery with Oshur tonight, sound went completely in and out. It was very frustrating to have my gun constantly fade in and out with sound and unable to hear my enemies weapons fire.

This is a critical bug they need to address and has plagued the game. The reality of it is, sound is practically half the experience.

It needs serious fixes or updates.