[Suggestion] Add Construction Damage XP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MaDiv, Jun 2, 2022.

1. MaDiv

Damaging aircraft or vehicles grants XP for damaging them when playing as infantry, constructions do not, however.
    This feels inconsistent and unrewarding.

Compared to aforementioned targets, construction elements have a disproportionally large pool of HP and therefore attacking a base as an infantryman feels unrewarding as their destruction does not result in a comparable amount of XP.

My personal experience is that I don't bother shooting bases unless the zerg I happen to run with decides to lay siege on them.
    I do not feel inclined to interact with them myself because even with a zerg on my side, it feels like a chore rather than a rewarding challenge.

Thus the construction gameplay feels disconnected from my mostly infantry-based playstyle and I think that there are other people who feel the same.

If this was to be implemented, a potential oversized XP fauced could be created, however.
    This is because base elements are harder to take down due to their health pool and the availability of the repair module.
    Yet I believe that with the correct amount of XP rewarded or a total accumulated cap of such, as currently present with ammo boxes in regards of resupply XP, a ground for balancing can be found.

Seen from my perspective, I think that the mechanics required for balancing are already present, which makes me believe that the required effort for the change could be potentially small.
    • Up x 4
  2. RabidIBM

The construction system has many proplems, exp payout for killing it is the least of it's problems.

That said, I would happily give you 10x the exp for killing my base if cortium bombs got removed from the game.
  3. RiP0k

Then the player bases will be farmed on the bastion. Bad decision. And Cortium bombs have no place in the game since their appearance. You can not remove them in exchange for something else.
  4. MaDiv

Since we're talking software development, I hand you the Eisenhower Matrix:

[IMG]

If you wanted to talk re-balancing on a large scale, which I assume you'd want to, you have a high effort / high impact task - a major project as seen in the matrix and thus something to decide on when to do it.

If you want to remove cortium bombs, you have to replace it with something that fills its niche. High effort, impact not quite forseeable and thus a task to avoid, rather.

If you use already implemented systems and can see that the Impact would, in the least, be medium, you have a fill-in at minimum or very likely a quick win.

So if the other solutions to the problems you have in mind do not fall under any of those fields, I think that this would take priority.
  5. RabidIBM

The only niche of the cortium bomb is griefing. People who use them:
    -Don't get a good kill rate
    -Don't get a good kdr
    -Don't contribute to their faction
    -Chuckle while they ruin/try to ruin someone else's game.
    -Accuse people of hacking when they lose.

I was being facetious when I offered a 10x payout to get rid of them, they just need to be gotten rid of. I would say that they were a bad idea from the start, but this is of course impossible as the guy who thought of them only ever has good ideas.
  6. ChaoticMonk

Since we are talking about construction, can we get it so you can steal cortium from enemy silos with your ant? Also make it so when the enemy silo is empty it turns neutral and you can deconstruct it and surrounding buildings.

Right now the only way to take down a large base is with a squad of tanks. But what if you and 2-3 others managed to infiltrate and take down their spawns and disable auto turrets/painfield? You have full control of the base but cant do anything to knock it down without lots of armor. Its happened to me quite a few times, all that work just for the enemy base owner to come back with more logistics and setup shop again.