[Suggestion] Anti-Materiel Rifles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Touchmaballs, May 25, 2022.

1. Touchmaballs

Remove Anti material rifles. Vehicle gameplay is now. Oh you won one v one now you die two to three rifles finish you off. These rifles aren't long range defense against vehicles and air, just harassment trolling by 2 3 4 engies with latency lag pop out shoot pop out shoot. Feels like being shot by an invisible enemy. Lancer without charging up basically Sure you can kill one but by then you have 1 percent health. There is a counter to lock on flares but not these rifles at least make armor on aircraft mean something going up against rifles shots everywhere. 3 man lib can land repair and always take you out before you finish them off... Maxes are worthless 450 nanites now two engies insta death shotgun from far away. BOO hoo tank shot my sundy from far waa waa. I dont need to pull armor to defend my spawns. Big max robot killed me 4 times now, waa waa. Its official infantryside idiots won GG
  2. Arpheus

I like the new AM-Rifles. Finally a way to consistently hit air and harassers at 100+ meters and at even 200+m. It gave infantry options to hit fast moving vehicles and dodging Magriders out to hundreds of meters which I really like.
    Now there is a way to deal with vehicle spam far better than before. I see Libs having to retreat when there are a few engies around where before they could hover on top of a base for far too long. Also finally an option to hit 400+m high Galaxies which were only hit by flak before since Striker/Lockons never had enough range to hit them.

Overall a very good change in my opinion.

On the other side Max Suits are completely overpriced now. They should come down to 300 Nanites in my opinion and there should be a new suit slot which reduces AM-Rifles damage by 40-50%. That way the Max can either protect itself from C4, small arms damage or AM-Rifles.

Also the balancing on the AMRs could be adapted a bit. NC got a huge upgrade to the Archer, NSO one seems good with the special ability to stop repair on Max.

VS one has a huge drawback with the delay and TR one has only headshots to around 20m which doesn't fit with the minimum 6x scope. Also while NC can use the Straight-Pull Bolt and a heavy magazine in the Ammo Slot TR and the Archer are the only ones with no Ammo slot at all.

It would be great if for TR the extended Magazine which is in the Rail slot could be moved to the ammo slot - or there would be another option for the Ammo Slot.
  3. That_One_Kane_Guy

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. Twin Suns

meh… just another gimmick weapon. Never mind optimizing the existing weapon systems we already have in game. Let’s make a gimmick weapon, that’ll keep them busy and we can leech $$$ until the next gimmick we come up with.
  5. Cyropaedia

I think we've reached a point in game with so much Anti-Material rifles and Launchers that Counterintelligence implant should come standard for all characters (it would still take an implant slot but you get it from the get-go).
    • Up x 1
  6. Touchmaballs

I have counter intelligence implant and its true it makes it almost bearable and satisfying at to find those pesky riflers. (Been equipping banshee a lot more now ;)) I can imagine how frustrating it would be without it. The problem with tanking is if you put counter intelligence you really need sweeper hud and then run out of ammo.
    On a separate note I think new players should get counter intelligence by default for up to rank 20 or 30, just to ease them into the game. I don't think giving everyone the best implant in the game is solving the problem though, counter intelligence is something to make you work hard to try and get.
  7. Yaesu

A big issue for me with this game. Here's a weapon or a new weapon. It's 1000 certs, it works nicely. People cry about it. So let's add thing(s) or implants making that weapon basically useless. Why bother then? There is WAY TO MUCH of that in this game. Launchers that don't lock on anymore, or the lock on distance has been grossly reduced. Mines no longer work because there's an implant that let's people walk/drive right on top of them without setting them off. You want people to play your game, get memberships, the LAST THING you should be doing is putting things in the game making not worth playing.
  8. Botji

I will say it again, it was a big mistake to buff the Archer into 1 hit kill potential as that set the bar for these new AMRs to also be 'viable' primary weapons that people just run around with even if the situation does not require it.

What happened was obvious, lots of Engineers with AMRs 1 hit killing infantry, gimped MAXes(they just die), ground vehicle hell and if you are fighting NC, air vehicle hell with constant plinking. It actually does a fair bit of damage so constant donking?

The AMRs would have been mostly fine, aside from the faction balance being beyond stupid, if they were not primary weapon worthy against infantry because then there would simply be far less of them at any one time just as the Archer was not a common sight before the buff. AMRs should be support weapons that some Engineers brings 'just in case' at the cost of their individual combat ability against normal infantry.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

i honestly agree with this, AMRs could stay being oneshot headshot rifles against infils for countersniping but with the archer as much as i like the rifle they went overboard with its one-headshot-kill capability .. it may make sense on the Masthead cause of its low magsize, but otherwise i just don´t see the neccessity to it on the rest of the AMRs ..
    it just way too much emphasises the peek and shoot mentality over range on a class with basically unlimited ammo when grunts like the heavy assault have to get in and overshield not realy helping but worse could be detrimental to their movement
  10. AntDX316

Maxs can still be OP inside Control Point buildings. They can squad wipe by themselves.

Indeed though, the new AMRs are great for Libs. I was wondering how I'm losing so much HP in the Lib. I thought it was the old AMR but it was the new one on the NC. We were kind of getting worked by a solo one that took us down to half HP from full. Having a lot of them would definitely create a no-fly zone. Libs can still be OP. They can devastate spawn point uncontested from high up. There aren't that many spawn points at times, sometimes only 1 so I would say the new AMRs are good but that is for air.

They must super devastate ground armor though but it's how it is in real-life too. We are lacking MLRS in the game besides the Flail of course. I think it could be balanced if there can MLRS defense equipment and them being quite costly. Perhaps with War Asset resources only, like how the Colossus is. They should be easy to destroy so they aren't as tanky. A long reload time would be balanced.