The new AMRs are fun!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Tython, May 16, 2022.

1. Tython

I especially like the flak capabilities of the Masthead, it's going to be fun shooting down enemy air with it. :) Always good to have more anti-air capability.

The sound and visuals of the Slicer blow everything else in the VS arsenal out of the water. Amazingly good job there. The ability to pierce targets with OHK damage will be crazy good in the right hands. VS rejoice, you've got a good one here.

The DAGR-81 is like a CQC bolter for Engies. Dangerously good for skilled players, definitely gonna be watching out more.

The Linecutter is going to be absolutely devastating to MAXes. Though it is a bit on the ugly side (sorry!). It looks like there are pieces missing, like a half-assembled Lego model.

One thing it feels like they are all missing is a 4x scope option.

The DAGR-81 and LA60 Masthead particularly suffer from being locked to 6x and higher. The Masthead's 1 headshot + 1 bodyshot MAX kill potential has a fairly close range requirement, and having a 6x scope at those ranges is a huge liablity. Ditto the DAGR-81 with is CQC bolting potential; having no short-range scopes just hurts the weapon's effectiveness.

Other than the scopes, they feel pretty good to use.
  2. Efraim

not impressed with the DAGR, should have made it semi auto
  3. Uvash

I will support that the DAGR-81 needs semi-automatic fire. Otherwise, the only improvement in the middle slot would be the straight-pull Bolt. Without it, you will lose all the benefits of a high rate of fire.

Of course, these rifles lack scopes for close combat. But then what niche will the archer and shortbow have to occupy?

I think that after the patch, players who prefer MAX suits, vehicles, as well as TR and VS pilots with the requirement to fix rifles will come here. It might be worth thinking about discounting nanites for MAX suits in advance.

By the way, has anyone checked the head damage of the LA60 Masthead at MAX VS with the berserk implant equipped and overload activatedo_O
  4. TR5L4Y3R

i currently have no reason to use MAXs aside from AA duty only ... their general survievability doesn´t varant the naniteinvestment of a MBT and Liberator .. meanwhile a 50 nanite flash can just OH roadkill them, this is redicioulous ...
  5. TR5L4Y3R

so i tested the ES AMRs and honestly i don´t see why the DAGR gets this much flak ... it may not be a OHK monster like the Masthead but to me it fells like a general good AMR against MAXs (like seriously maxes may have to fear the DAGR most) and vehicles ... it feels more consistent at range vs infantry were the Masthead has a high bulletdrop, it still is capable of OHK countersniping infils ... sooo imho it feels pretty decent ... sure the swaying scopes are an annoyance but come on you knew they weren´t going to add 4x scopes on those ...

personaly at the moment the Slicer feels the most underwhelming for me with how unwieldy it is with the delay ... that may however just be a matter of practice ...
    • Up x 1
  6. Akashar

I don't really like the fact that infils now have to fear engies that much... it maybe something to get used to but damn after 9 years getting OHKd by someone you used to kill... that's painful
  7. TR5L4Y3R

it´s totaly fair, considering infils will 95% of the time have the initiativ over any other class, then again at the very least the archer and the masthead won´t be THAT easy to use at range for OH-HS-kills, i can see infils fearing the DAGR and Slicer (the later if people can handle the delay) most
    not quite sure on the NSO AMR ..
  8. Akashar

Yeah, i'm afraid it will drive people from sniping because of the added danger... we dont need anymore smg+cloak and it's by far the most lucrative option for infiltrators, and this doesnt help :/
  9. ColdTurkie

Yeah about that slicer bit... looks gravy sounds gravy but the usability anit worth a dam its better to stick wit the the ns one over the slicer just with pure dps.. projectile speeds are kinda slow which wouldn't be too much of an issue but the click and wait feature never did it... the phaseshift had it but they removed it because it literally made the gun unusable or just plan unfun to use