[Suggestion] Definitely need ESF Medium tanks.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Demigan

The problem with the Kobalt was its accuracy and the ability to headshot kill several players in quick succession with little counterplay possible. The devs unfortunately dont really listen to more reasonable ways to change a weapon.

Also considering almost every weapon in the game is capable of murdering infantry no problem and infantry have virtually no answers to any non-infantry, can you blame them for asking for changes?

And again dont pretend that aircraft or vehicles dont ask for similar changes to weapons that can kill them.
  2. LodeTria

Are you describing an LMG? cus it sure sounds like it. I don't think heavys will like their LMGs not having heatshots anymore though.
    Could be interesting though.
  3. Demigan

No I was describing the Kobalt which had a lot more sustained and accurate firepower than LMG's with less risk to the player who could quickly murder a bunch of players without the need to handle position, stance or movement.

Having a lower headshot reward has been one of my requests for a long time. It has made accurate weapons far too useful especiallu at higher skill levels compared to other weapons. The full arsenal of PS2 needs to be similarly useful and the skills of handling COF, reload, recoil, damage degradation, ideal range etc should have similar importance to aiming for the head. Ideally when asked a player should say "this weapon is for headshots but that weapon can be equally good if you handle its COF and ideal range at a similar skill level".
  4. TR5L4Y3R

frankly i would change the headshot multiplyer on automatic weapons accross the board on how much they are actualy supposed to score shots on heads and as such be aimed with ...
  5. Clone117

Current tanks should get access to a coaxial gun. For anti infantry work. The main tank shells suck at killing infantry anyways.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

still disagreeing with that ... MBT´s have the kobalt already, the main pilot doesn´t need to become even more powerful than an ESF pilot is with 2 weapons ... and MBTs have heavy armor ... if HESH sucks as much as you say how come infantry die to konstant shelling of it or are unable to approach it with their own AV options ..
  7. Clone117

Mbts are practically helpless with such close distances. I cant ever remember being trapped by mbts due to shelling. Mbts by that point are set to patrol mode waiting for enemy vehicles to spawn and engage. Which isnt going to happen when the terminal is owned by friendlys. Shelling a point is just a slight annoyance. I have literally bum rushed and taken out mbts within said close range engagements. Where cover is plentiful. Av is certainly a joke. But mbts are really only decent at taking out other vehicles. Infantry and tank interaction is just terrible. Av has short effective ranges while tanks that shell away from safety only get an occasional lucky kill now an then. They have no effect on hunkered down forces at all. Its infantry doing 90% of the fighting here. I can easily replace the mbt with a turbo fury flash here. And have a greater effect on stuff.