When is the sound bug gonna be fixed

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sharkfine, May 9, 2022.

1. Sharkfine

Everyone has this random bug where if they're been playing for hours or with 96+ pop, the sound doesnt appear at all, its a really weird bug and it has been haunting players, the only way to fix the bug is to restart the game itself but you dont want to do that if theres a huge player queue
    • Up x 1
  2. Schedixx

I had the same problem since the Oshur-Update. I changed in the UserOptions.ini file the MaxVoices value to 200. Since i made that change I never had this problem.
    Hope it works for you.
  3. Ledess31

same problem if i play for a long time
  4. Grandizer

I'm going to guess never. I've been playing for a lil over 3 years and always get this no matter how many voice channels are set. Some say reduce it, above poster says increase it. It doesn't work. People playing for 10 years have had this all the while. It happens after long play sessions of 4-5 hrs , sometimes it doesn't happen until 6+ hrs in.

I also noticed it happens a lot sooner since Oshur launch, when going straight into Oshur for the initial play session, after a respawn it bugs. I've had it happen during an Oshur alert of less than an hour in game total, or playing another continent then to Oshur and when loading another continent it bugs.

Sucks cause during an alert, half way in and peak time, you lose all audio queues of enemies call outs, cloaks and weapon fire, can't hear your own weapon and the game sounds like you're under water.
  5. Mithril Community Manager

Do you have multiple audio devices such as headphones and speaker audio adapters? If you do, try changing your audio source to something else, then select that source as your audio in game. If that fixes it try swapping back to your previous setting and see if the sound continues to cut out after a long play session.
  6. OneShadowWarrior

This sound bug has been with the game since they transitioned from DX9 to DX11. I want to say it’s a severe memory leak and the only way to clear it is restart the game to refresh the memory.

I don’t know if it’s the sound files that need to be fixed or whatever, however large fights seem to trigger it especially when you hit the 300+ player fights. I will start to see the sound get muddy in these fights.

I’ve tried it all, changing bit rates 16, 24, 32, different frequencies beyond 48 hz. Played with reducing or increasing the voice channels from 30-250 even in user.ini files. Clicked on different system sound settings from headphone, speaker or default. Nothing works.

Only a restart of the game.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mithril Community Manager

We'll investigate this further. Thanks!
  8. Grandizer

No. Just one output device. The correct one is always listed and this has nothing to do with output devices. You're referencing complete audio loss, which isn't the issue.

The audio works fine. After long sessions, you will respawn at sometime and then the sound starts to mess up. It doesn't drop out totally, it reacts in the way I mentioned "you lose all audio queues of enemies call outs, cloaks and weapon fire, can't hear your own weapon and the game sounds like you're under water." Weapon fire from tanks, sundees, etc also cuts out or you may hear one or two rounds fire off in 100 but the rest are silent.

Someone in my outfit suggested putting the game volume to 20% and the voice chat lower to compensate but it still does it. I don't think players experience this after short sessions but it definitely happens after players for hours.

A reboot of the client fixes it, until it happens again.

As mentioned for years and years, as searching this issue on the interwebs shows multiple posts on different websites and here as well, it's been reported and the answer is the same. "we're looking into it". The Devs on a few posts asked for audio clips to help determine the issue and nothing was done with that either.
  9. Grandizer

September now....still no work in progress? We were told you were looking into it from other sound bug posts along the timeline when this was created.. been seeing sound issues since 2012.

Played last night after giving the game a break. Played one full alert with Outfit Platoon on Esamir, then hopped to Indar where the alert immediately started and 5 minutes in, sound muffled and lost audio for most effects. Had to relog and dumped in overflow
    Great Fun.