No Deploy Zone Everywhere ANT

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CHINI, Oct 19, 2020.

1. tismen

@Mithril I had the same issue a few weeks ago, i was playing nc and the following happened for me:
    1. took any construction building from a friendly base, was able to place it, but i didnt.
    2. went with my ant somewhere else far away, deployed and tried to place silo, could place it, but i didnt
    3. redeploy switched continent due to end of alert and spawned an ant on new continent.
    4. deployed and yoinked a silo out of the ants behind, then got this bug.

This bug stayed with me for about a day, no matter what i did (switch faction, switch class, switch continent, switch back to the original continent, switch vanu spandex pics) the next day in the morning i still had this bug, then suddenly in the afternoon it went back to normal, still have no idea what the fix was.. (maybe it was switching vanu spandex pics now i come to think of it).
  2. tismen

@Mithril By coincidence i got the bug after writing my post yesterday.

Now what i did and to fix it was the following:
    1. pull ant, mine cortium (in no deploy zone), try deploy in no deploy zone, deploy on the very edge of no deploy zone.
    2. pulled a silo from ant, was too close to friendly base so couldnt place. BUT i noticed the green and blue balls were black.
    3. drove far away from anything and had this bug everywhere.

To fix it i had to switch loadout.. the one thing i didn't try the last time. I hope this helps somehow :)
  3. RabidIBM

I doubt faction is relevant. NSO is the one faction I don't play and this bug is an issue for me occasionally on all factions. It isn't new either, so it's nothing to do with recent patches. I can remember it happening to one of our builders in last year's cycle of outfit wars and it wasn't new then.

It is most likely to start after changing continents, although not restricted to that, and the only other thing I've noticed is that the globed indicating minimum and maximum height for the building will be black instead of blue or green.
  4. 23rd enigma

bro I've
    had this bug for 2 weeks now on only Indar. cant build anything anywhere
  5. Mithril Community Manager

Does this work for anyone else who may still be encountering this issue?
  6. Sobolincozaur

Yup. Bug still there. This time I already built a base.. walked away for 5 minutes to a fight.. come back and cannot continue building the base. 10 min later alert is over and we switch to another continent, I pull a different ANT loadout, different engi loadout and the bug is still there. I find it hard to believe none of the devs actually encountered it so far..
  7. Gleerok

As far as I know, logging in and out is the only solution, but I will try to work around it next time

I got this bug quite a few times while building in the past days. I submitted a bug report with /bug in-game. I have no idea how your logs work but You can try to investigate it by taking the time I submitted the /bug report in-game with my character Gleerok, Connery, BR 109. At the time of submission, I was experiencing the bug. Perhaps you can duplicate my character state at that time and understand what changed and got the no-deploy zone block stuck?

Also, the logout before that bug report was done to remove it, and I got it twice in less than 40m between sessions. It is not immediate but it seems related to building close to no deploy zones and also switching continents after an alert.

I understand this may seem minor, but it is really disruptive to base building, a game-mode that is already not so rewarding but is still so fun. Please check this out, thanks. This is holding me from acquiring a membership, because I want to farm certs for the base itens, but I will not do it if this keeps happening and hampering the base building experience.

Ty
    • Up x 1
  8. Gleerok

Hello Mithril, yesterday I had a colleague facing this bug during my play session. I suggested the switch loadout workaround, I saw him go to a sunderer, switch classes, switch loadouts and all, but it did not work and he still had the bug. So we can say the workaround is not consistent and the bug persists.

I didn't have the bug again myself in the past play sessions, but once I get it again, I will try the workaround and perhaps record it.

Looking forward to your response, thanks!
  9. T2xlc

I also had the bug for 2 days.

Until today, when I had the idea to check the files for errors via steam.
    It found 17 faulty files and now everything works again.
  10. Gleerok

@Mithril

Here is a video of the bug, + an attempt to fix it by changing classes (what, by definition, changes loadouts). Didn't work, had to reset the game. BY the way, this was just after changing continents after an alert.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16nuEUWvR9r8FekzhRMHOO5UJozdNe8fs/view?usp=sharing
  11. Gleerok

12. Touchmaballs

This bug fixed itself for me when I left the area and came back after 5 10 min. This was the second time it fixed itself but I don't remember what I did the first time.
  13. Dajn

Now it`s 2023 and this bug still happens. So annoying. For me only appears when high pop. on the server, so relog this not a solution in 40+ queue, while you are owner of a FOB base in the middle of contesting hex.
    • Up x 1