Server population cap?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechwolf, May 3, 2022.

1. Mechwolf

I highly doubt Genudine and Ceres (PS4 servers) are the only servers with the problem of one faction (TR) having 45%+ of the server population at any given time.

Maybe if there was a cap to the amount of players that could be on one team based on percentages, that starts at around 30 players per faction, maybe we could have a sense of balance instead of one faction consistently steamrolling the others because they can fight on all fronts simultaneously with superior numbers (and having the same base damage as the other factions, but with faster fire rate and higher mag size being the superior option for console, where people can't compensate recoil like a mouse, unless you pay $200 for the PS4 specific mouse, in which case you're best off playing NC)
  2. Mechwolf

Seriously though, there should be at least a queue to get onto a continent when they have over 40% of the population.
  3. Mechwolf

People on TR from my understanding, have a hard time even finding a fight, but nobody wants to leave the easiest faction, so they have recently resorted to using orbitals on VS/NC fights who are actively trying to get the hell away from them. They can't seem to organize a team to invade a building and hold it down for kills, so i guess just ruining fights and blasting inappropriate sound loops in squads/platoons is what they've resorted to.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

one thing a suggested a while back since NSO is a thing EVERY player shoud be able to play as NSO because the point of them is to balance the pop .. so yes add a cap, players above the cap are destributed between the other factions .. the thing that needs to change is how players gain Certs .. there should be a general certpool for your whole account, not just one toon ..