[Vehicle] Base price Harasser & Lightning 300 not ok.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by baxtytv, May 4, 2022.

1. baxtytv

Harasser is 2 seat and once was 150 nanaties
    very effective team gameplay and fun.
    now is 300 less fun time, and harder to pick for solo players too.
    the price should go at 225 if we realy want to be fair.
    I get that the price with ASP is lower but before someone gets there as a new player I don't see why you gaved too much advantage for veterans over rookies.

Lighting 300 same as the harasser make no sense lighting is not that effective either, its like is ok as it its now but the fact that the harasser and the lighting share the same price but not been as effective it kinda feel a waist of nanaties.
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

The Harasser should be brought back to 150 nanites yes, but not without also bringing back its resistances to something we had before, where it wasnt as tanky as the Lightning or more. Harassers were "fun" because they were both cheap and way too powerful for what they could do, which means a lot less fun for people trying to counter them. This because they randomly got a buff to their resistances no one asked for but then the people crutching on the immense tankyness didnt want to have it changed back.

As for Lightnings, they are fine. Lightnings are the unsung heroes of PS2, the equalizers in the background. Lightnings have a combination of cost, size, firepower, speed and maneuverability that is unmatched. If I had to pick between any of the 3 faction MBT's or the Lightning for the entire faction then I would likely pick the Lightning.
    • Up x 1
  3. AuricStarSand

With the meta of trying to make the battle bus sunder more viable. I wouldn't suggest this. Also my harassers are already 150 nanites, with ASP & Outfit resource discount. Any noob is able to farm green resources for a vehicle discount, with a solo outfit, in a matter of 1 weeks time. Plenty green to have 50/50 light vehicle discounts by week 1 or 2. Never ending supply of LV discount.

If 240 nanites is too much with the discount, if you don't have ASP to make it 150. Then simply make a vehicle term with a ant silo & supply yourself for harassers there. As for edits: I'd vote for gear shifting for harassers, something to make the skill lvl more for vets, or new slot for drifting based utilities. Some type of combo turbo boosting. An extra button for harassers to use. More utility. Make smoke utility last longer, I don't even need smoke for the anti lockons, never use it. I only use it for the smoke effect if at all, so make the effect last more time. To hide or drive with the smoke. Believe the smoke lasts like 4 seconds, wish it lasted 8 or 10.

If they did make it 150, that means harasser would never get a buff, since their priced at dirt.
    & they'd have to edit 1 ASP skill. Maybe. I'd preferably wait for nanites if that means harasser
    gets a new extra utility slot for tire tread flattening caltrops, spike wheel dmg, or drifting specs.
  4. JibbaJabba

There is very little true cost to the most powerful cheese in the game. Lightnings, Harassers, ESFs, Flashes can all be chain pulled again and again. It should take skill for a player to remain in a vehicle indefinitely. Right now it does not. Even Maxes and MBTs can be nearly chain pulled.

So to the broader request of lowering harassers from the current 300... no. If you can't chain pull them at that price then you just need to L2P until you can.

And as a counter suggestion: Nanite gain should be lopped in half across the board.

No more chain pulling of force multipliers and cheese. And for infantry: yeah you can blast grenades and rezzes for a fight same as you do today. But you should be depleted for the next one.
  5. Avendorz

God damn it, not this again.
    For 300 nanites it was fine where it was. It was not overpowered nor tanky.

And yes, now for what it is, it's too expensive.
  6. Liewec123

harasser used to also die to a single c4, now it takes 2, their health has also been buffed several times causing them to require more and more tank rounds to kill, hence the price increase.

i've seen harassers beat MBTs by keeping their distance and simply dodging shots while landing all of their own.
    the combination of a small and agile frame and the health of a lightning give it surprising endurance.

i think it is fine at 300 for something that can be so effective,
    though i would like for 360 rumble seats.

if we were bringing the price back down then i'd want it to once again be squishy.
    • Up x 1
  7. YellowJacketXV

If it was an actual fragile vehicle I don't think folk would have a problem with it. The other thing to consider though is the access to a strong vehicle weapon that you can fire while protected. That's one of the reasons harasser was used so much on top of other things. You get a bunch of squadmates and square off with a 150 nanites cost, super fast vehicle that easily swarms with things like halberd and Vulcan. It essentially becomes the most cost effective thing in both time and firepower as, generally speaking, one could spawn harasser then almost immediately be back to full nanites by the time they get back after being blown up.

I think what they need to do is address the actual question of viability of other vehicles. The main problem in the past was simply LA becoming too mobile for vehicles to catch up (literally). It became a better practice to try and exit your tank to SHOOT SOMEONE on a jetpack ready to rain a double-brick surprise like a hot pocket Amazon package drone. Or worse, they come flying at you like a amphetamine-soaked circus monkey and ***** your 450 nanites MBT while saying "worth' in chat.

The problem with vehicles was actually always LA being able to quite literally attack in ways that simply could not be dealt with in vehicles themselves. People just didn't want to admit it because it's fun to make people suffer from hypernatremia.
  8. Avendorz

Harassers are only hard to c4 because the c4 lags behind if you drive top speed or boost. It's the same mechanic used for MBTs, just that MBTs have around ~65% top speed compared to the Harasser (apart from the Magrider) which minimizes this effect. That + general mobility is also why the Mag is a lot harder to c4 than other MBTs. Is the Mag op? No it isn't.

Obvs Harassers can beat MBTs. It's called skill gap. Any skilled tank driver can easily defend or even counter a single Harasser in 99% of cases. I already pointed this out so many times. When I'm in an MBT with some of my good vehicle players, we only die to Harassers if we're already low on health due to other factors, and the other 99% we can disengage or they have to flee / end up as bad looking effect on the screen when they die (thanks PS2 graphics).
    And that's essentially what the Harasser now is to MBTs, a kill stealer at best if we have equally skilled Harasser and MBT crew.

There's four scenarios a Harasser-MBT fight ends:
    - Harasser wins engagement - MBT loses engagament (skill gap - MBT driver / gunner error)
    - Harasser loses engagement - MBT wins engagement (skill gap - Harasser driver / gunner error)
    - Harasser disengages (MBT positioning advantage / Harasser damaged too much)
    - MBT disengages (Harasser positioning advantage / MBT damaged too much)

Technically also a 5th scenario where both die, but I'd call that a draw.

The days of Harassers engaging at point blank are long over. No Harasser would survive that. That's why the Vulcan isn't meta by a long shot anymore, at least not against MBTs.
    And essentially what you've proven is that now that they don't do that anymore and snipe the **** out of MBTs (which by the way is the only thing you can do in most scenarios), that's not fair either.
    Kinda sounds to me like as long as the Harasser doesn't suicide into the MBT, it's unfair. Alrighty.

And another roman perpetuated in the PS2 forums. I tired to avoid it, but I have failed. Yet again.
  9. Demigan

Ofcourse this again! Harassers were purposefully broken by the devs while prior to that there were no general complaints about Harassers, only specifics like the Vulcan Harasser. Pretending that it was all hunky-dory after the resistance buffs to the Harasser just shows your inability to see how things fit with the rest of the game.

A great example: you pretend that MBT's have the option to retreat from a Harasser attack when they are damaged. This is only possible if you have allies nearby capable of screening you, which makes the Harasser only more powerful as it can stand up to multiple enemies and still wear an MBT down.

The Harasser's ability to escape when threatened and reset an engagement while other ground units cannot do the same to the Harasser is one of the biggest problems. It used to be balanced by its fragility, but that was removed.

Also you pretend that people can throw 2 C4 on a Harasser. I mean come on how deluded can you be? The Harasser driver has to fail at basic WASD key usage or be stationary for an extended period of time to be caught like that.
  10. RiP0k

No. Just use the Construction System to build these vehicles for FREE.
  11. Mechwolf

As somebody who prefers the Harasser over every other vehicle... 300 is fine because discounts can be applied to bases. For a new player, 300 is a lot, and I understand that, but by the time you're trying to pull your 3rd harasser, unless you've died in the first minute both times before, you should be able to pull 3, which should be plenty.

The Basilisk isn't meant for close-range, it's a mid-range weapon, stay at a distance to where it's easy to evade rockets, and you're a smaller hitbox for the average tanker.
    • Up x 1
  12. Exileant

o_O For what I see them still do, the price is more than fair. If you gave them a 360 rumble sear, then the price should be even higher, because a double A.V. Max would become staple and that coupled with a Vulcan would be unstoppable. :( My A.N.T. already has enough problems crushing Harassers without a cloak, I would not be able to do anything to them with an added port of damage. o_O Half the price, half the Armor AND Defense is more than fair if you are going in that direction...
  13. VV4LL3

Wait, then... what should MAXes cost?
    • Up x 1
  14. Botji

Your S O U L

We all know both pilots and MAX users dont have one so its already more or less confirmed ;)
    • Up x 2