[Suggestion] Bring back GPU Particle Phsyx

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, May 3, 2022.

1. AntDX316

Whatever it takes for DBG to make this happen, has to happen.
    • Up x 1
  2. Avendorz

Lmao, I'd already be happy if they ******* fixed all those broken *** LOD geos and blurry textures that they introduced over the last few updates.
  3. AuricStarSand

We all want that. Tho the game would have to be popular again for them to have the funds, for this. Properly. Also see how the Arsenal update went. For server ping.

I asked for a off topic sub forum yesterday, tho I forgot they probably don't have funds to hire another forum mod. Fair. I mean why would they hire another. Unless some pop boom.

PS2 deserved WoWs population through the years or Fortnites. Sometimes art isn't always seen. Half of the 400 songs, added to my " worlds best playlist ", aren't famous songs. Not 1 mill views. Maybe a few thousand views for some songs.

Still a valid thread, meaning physix is pretty.
    100% I'd need a desktop pc if implemented.
  4. AntDX316

Nvidia having hundreds of billions of dollars and they can't just opensource physx. : (
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

The most hilarious/tragic thing is that the 'fairly lackluster' vehicle explosion that they show with physx disabled
    is still much better than what we have now...

A smoldering wreck with some smoke and flames vs tanks that just 'poof' out of existence.

Someone on reddit liked the beta files for PS2 last week, so we could go back to the glory days if the devs wanted too,
    Before all of the negative progression.
    • Up x 1
  6. AntDX316

Also what people don't understand, it was doing good frame rates with everything maxed Years ago with old hardware.
  7. Liewec123

yup! even on my cheap as hell £300 pc in 2013 i could run the game fine on fairly low settings,
    here is a magrider clip of mine from 2013, (the resolution is trash because i was using the built-in PS2 video recorder, but the framerate was fine.)
    on my slightly more pricey but still "middle of the road" £500 pc i could run on higher settings even with shadows on at stable decent framerates.
    and then i spent £800 on a new PC in 2014 and got to witness the glory of PhysX and high settings!
    [IMG]
    (the gif doesn't have very good framerate, but my gameplay was stable)

i would absolutely love to see THAT planetside 2 running on my £3,500 current PC.
    glorious graphics, 2000 players on the map, no bastions, no OS, no Oshur, just blissful, beautiful mass warfare!
    oh how this game has fallen.
  8. AntDX316

Oshur is good..