[Suggestion] Connery Primetime Stress Test and Hard Reset

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cyropaedia, May 2, 2022.

1. Cyropaedia

I appreciate the work that is going into try to resolve the latency problems on Connery.

May I kindly suggest the following:

1. Connery Primetime Stress Test

• Set a date and time for a primetime stress test on Connery (Friday or Saturday night).
    • Dev team logs in during the stress test.
    • Use serverwide broadcast on Emerald to ask US-based players to log onto Connery briefly.
    • Use serverwide broadcast on Connery to request players to move to designated battles.
    • Observe and run diagnostics.
    • Use serverwide broadcast on Connery to request that players send feedback or petitions.
    • (Optional) Offer an in-game reward (Work under construction banner) for testing.

2. Hard Reset for Connery.
    • Bring down and bring up the server on before and after primetime (Thursday-Monday).
    • Use serverwide broadcast on Connery to request feedback.
  2. Cyropaedia

The prime time stress test could also be held on a membership or holiday XP bonus weekend.

The devs need to observe the lag during higher pop periods.
  3. Mithril Community Manager

Greetings, high pop times are something we already look at in the back end. Let's see how it goes during high pop this weekend.
    • Up x 1
  4. Cyropaedia

Greetings Mithril,

Thank you for your efforts to try to fix the lag.

I may kindly suggest using a server broadcast message if you need more feedback. I am afraid few players check the official forums. Reddit and Discord can be hard to navigate.

This is my observations for 3 May 2022:

I had 40-60 MS ping between 4 PM - 6 PM Pacific.

It went to 175-225 MS ping around 6:15 PM Pacific.

I went back to 40-60 MS ping around 6:30 PM Pacific.

Popping back up to 200 MS Network and 1300 MS Server Latency.

I'll write a petition in the coming days with my specs once I get more data points and observe patterns. Feel free to direct message me if you would prefer me to DM data points.
    • Up x 1