Connery may never recover. Copy Connery characters to Emerald.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyropaedia, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Cyropaedia

Connery was already in deep decline before the Oshur update. Oshur perhaps indirectly brought back dozens- even hundreds - of players. Unfortunately, the month-long lag situation on Connery may force players away (to Emerald or another game) indefinitely.

Daybreak should start the process or offer the option of copying Connery characters to Emerald. Characters would keep their BR and unlocks (directive unlocks, cert purchases, implants, marketplace purchases).

PS2 already uses a game-wide naming system so name conflicts are not an issue.
    • Up x 5
  2. OgreMarkX

I agree. Zero chance of me restarting from scratch on Emerald (played this character since release 2012). If they think they will make more $ by me buying boosts to level up on Emerald...hell no. It's not fun to unlock everything again and the bitter taste of doing it...NO. This isn't Skyrim (I once again own every house, have potions falling out of my pack, and all main quests just waiting to be (never) finished.)

This account has been a paid account since June 1999. I have three other open paid accounts (since 2005 pretty much) that I keep open just because all the years of Everquest were WORTH the cost and I like supporting that game, even though I stopped playing it last year. I only use this account for PS2 though.

The only time I closed those other three paid accounts was when this company tried to foist Planetside Arena on us. I closed them out of disgust and protest.

But if I have to restart a character on Emerald...and I don't care "how fast" that can be done...if I have to restart just because they can't fix Connery....oh hell no. That is a bridge too far.

And how long until Emerald fails and they cant fix that?

And hi Cyro. <locks on to your scythe with a G2A rocket...Cryo's scythe lag warps away>
    • Up x 1
  3. Cyropaedia

/salute OgreMarkX

Hey man. Thank you for your post.

I agree with you. These characters required years of effort to build up. Fully certed classes, vehicles, and lines are not easily reproduced. Directive rewards are near impossible to replicate. Our characters were achieved after waves of nerfs.

If the Connery issues are not addressed, few will restart on Emerald (short of dabbling in NSO). (Tinfoil hat on): Their treatment and lack of communication over the lag is basically giving up on Connery; this is not how to force players to continue on another server (Emerald, Cobalt, SolTech). Players will quit en masse. Without being too hyperbolic or dramatic, the Connery lag situation could really mark a turning point for continued support for all of PS2.

I think the Connery debacle deserves a major update (from Wrel or leadership). They should even consider rolling back the Arsenal update concurrently with outlining a mechanism to copy characters to Emerald (US players) and SolTech (Oceania players).

See you in the unfriendly skies - hopefully the skies of Connery.
    • Up x 1
  4. Cyropaedia

Connery pop looks like record lows and Emerald has been queued up for multiple continents over the weekend.

We need Connery characters copied to Emerald. It's not about the money or time spent at this point. It is the ability to play with your full suite of tools (weapons, vehicles, implants) in actual battles.

If they have to transfer characters manually, they could weed out casual accounts by requiring BR25 or higher and limiting it to 1 transfer per account for now.

Or, they can offer the option of unlocked characters (fully certed weapons and vehicles unlocked) at this point. It's not good for business but beats losing a substantial portion of the playerbase (who could still purchase in future).
  5. Call-Me-Kenneth

agree, either im lagging like hell of whoever im shooting while not laging is lagging badly. i cant even get mad at them, its not their fault.

there's no reason at all we cant move a character from one server to the other, making it available for free for a one time only transfer would solve a lot of problems, they can even enable it for dbc later on.

this whole thing of locking a character in a server reeks of trying to squeeze money out of players, but the problem is they already did oversqueezed, players ARE already locked in characters. the simple fact boosters are locked to characters instead of account is already enough to lock players in characters and servers, i have been a subscriber since starting to play YEARs ago, and i cant, and wont start another character, i might play my robot alt now and then, but that's all.

the whole lag problem is compounded by this long standing and glaring design flaw, characters should no be locked to servers, if its a mater of balance, then simply restrict the servers you can play a faction on to keep the FACTION balanced, not the players...

if i could play this character on other servers i would, and would feel comfortable knowing my character cant get locked in a dying server so i would actually SPEND MORE MONEY!

its crazy, its like they don't want money and enjoy the bad publicity... whatever bizarre attempt and psychology passed for a reasoning to lock players into characters and servers could have made sense 10 years ago, and even that's debatable. but what's certain is, it makes no sense anymore!
    • Up x 1
  6. AntDX316

All the characters and outfit Tags are unique? so merging can indeed happen. It would be recommended to transfer the Outfit Data from Connery to Emerald too of course.

My friend from Romania has no problem getting high-KD in his mag and he has a not so good connection on Emerald of course. His voice communication is clear and leads no problem.

There should be a Planetside 2 newsletter e-mail people can get this way people can vote and see updates if they don't check on the game in months or even years.
    • Up x 1
  7. TripSin

The devs really should do something about Connery. I have to imagine they are significantly hurting themselves with their inaction. I have to imagine they are losing a lot of players, especially new players, who are logging into Connery and finding a terrible, dead experience and who just quit the game because of it.
    • Up x 2
  8. Cyropaedia

Connery was somewhat playable during around 4 PM Pacific. Limited lag spikes/outages. Probably 75-125 players on.

I logged in during primetime (8 PM Pacific), tried to use a teleporter in Sanctuary, didn't move for 2 minutes, logged out. Probably 100-150 players on.
  9. NasaRulz

I gave up on Connery and did the sloooooooow grind on a new character and I wish I could bring my primary character from Connery. However, if not, Oh well! Connery is dead and needs to be put out of its misery.
  10. TripSin

Even before Connery started lagging, the population for Connery has sucked **** for a long time now outside of prime time. I think we usually get people between 7-9pm PST, but for me I'm too tired to play a shooter that late in the evening and it would interfere with my falling asleep. I should just start over on Emerald like a lot of people have, but I'm not motivated to unlock everything again - I'd rather just not play Planetside at all than to have to grind stuff out again.

Does anyone if there is somewhere that would provide a graph or chart of population vs time of day for each server. I'm curious to see the populations of Connery vs Emerald on any typical day.
  11. TripSin

Every time I want to play this video game during the day when I'm available there's usually approximately 125 people on Connery to Emerald's 500. It'll still be morning on the east coast but yet Emerald still has way more people than Connery would at that time. You get on Connery and often times you literally only have the option to ghost cap or maybe some pathetically small 1-12 fight. That's not Planetside. I want to play Planetside and it's incredibly frustrating to not be able to.
  12. Cyropaedia

Emerald players are complaining about lag. I suspect the transplanted Connery population is lagging Emerald.

Daybreak should consider a primetime experience bonus or other perks to encourage players to stick with their regional server. Or, merge Emerald and Connery on a high capacity server.
    • Up x 1