I am so glad I checked out what had changed before I renewed. I would have been upset if I had not!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exileant, Apr 7, 2022.

1. krozerg

If more people cared less about their attitude and kissing ***, and more about their experience for time and money spent the game would be a lot better.

Feedback drives development in the following order.

1. Overwhelming negative feedback
    2. General feedback
    3. Suggestions

Negative feedback is bad publicity and bad business. It drives change.

Guess most of the community is blown away by the "800 attachments". The only real change in arsenal patch was nannoweave nerf, it has by far the greatest impact on playing experience in a positive way for most. (FYI something the community complained about for a long time). The other things are literally number changes and copy pastes of something else with a new name. The amount of game breaking problems tho far outweigh the positives when it comes to playing at the moment.

Also people dont get on forums/reddit for "community" they get on there to voice opinions about things. If they want a community they join discords with people they can interact with directly on a gameplay level.
    • Up x 1
  2. Yaesu

I took a long break from the game. 'Hit' was SO BAD you almost had to be standing next to the person to get a kill. I came back to the game a couple months ago. Things seemed to be much better as far a 'hit %' went. But yeah, between the buggies and the invisible quads running everybody down, it's getting to be VERY annoying. But 'HIT' was big for me. Then Arsenal came out. Weapons I had started using, 'the Vandal' for one, weren't hitting anything after the release unless you were very close. Started seeing where you had unloaded entire clips into someone and not get a kill??!! Lag maybe??? And then, something I never saw years ago, 'QUEUES'???!!!! Two continents open, both with 15 to 30 minute queues???? If I'm paying for something I want to play it NOW, not 20 or more minutes after I log in. IF you didn't get a G15 error, which I honestly think is "crowd control'. It only happens to me on Emerald, which seems to be the most active sever. I never get a G15 on Connery. What's killing it for me is the line, "Members move to the head of the line" while IN A QUEUE. You want my $$$$ there better not be any queues.
    • Up x 1
  3. Sumowning

I double checked, seems like the removal of the cloak on the ANT was done in the Oshur update. Which still doesn't change the fact that it's ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  4. Exileant

o_O I honestly do. I have met countless people like you. People who die to something twice in one session, and all of a sudden it is overpowered and needs to be nerfed or taken out of the game. Or like a few people here, are not even DYING to what they are waging war against, peddling the (in all likelihood) lie of: "I am a sympathizer to those few that are complaining because I feel for them but the reality is I want the attention off of my play-style because I know if people focus here they will call to nerf what I am doing to, at which point I will shamelessly become a hypocrite and cry in the same fashion under the flag of *Just Provocation*."
    :D No matter what I show you, you will find something to cry about, but here, enjoy.

A lot more happened before the video, but sessions are very long and this was the limit of what I could show with the capture.
    o_O I have proved it time and time again. The video in my signature was made to do just that. With enough skill you can kill much more than just a person walking around with the defenseless A.N.T. ( But specifically to debunk the lie that the so-called over-powered Harasser could not be stopped by anything.) It was one of 3, but the censors here kept taking away the other 2. But sure, I can show you a video of me doing my thing as the only one in my Outfit at a base and giving it my tattoo. What to know what the people on the other team said? "My Light Assault was a crutch?" Your people, through and through. Normally I would not care about whining, but whining by the weak is messing up my enjoyment.

;) No, while you were aiming and shooting AT the occasional person, I was distracting multiple vehicles of all classes and pulling full-throttle somersaults off of tanks against over populated teams. :p Actually DOING something that mattered. Things you could not do. If you could, you would have posted videos of how broken it was. You did not, because you know what you saw took skill. Simply running people over in this lag infested mess takes skill in and of itself... Because you can have someone pass straight under your tires and it just will not register as a kill.
  5. FLHuk

Reading the above you can almost hear the erection getting firmer towards the climax!
    • Up x 2
  6. Exileant

:eek: Yes, THIS! I refuse to kiss anybodies cheeks, popularity be Hoover Dam. I am of the opinion Negative Feedback should not be what initially drives change. It should be last resort. ;) There are plenty of ways to combat bad P.R. the easiest is make know that there are counters and that it is by design that you must find them to encourage people to explore, rather than go for what the next Influencer posts on their channel as the new go-to weapon or tactic. They chose the wrong way..... :mad: The COSTLY way.

o_O Call out your player base on all of this whining. Shame them so they shut up. Everything was balanced before this last update. Everything had two clear equal counters: Itself and one other. :( Now? Several faction specific vehicles are right back on top.
  7. Exileant

o_O Mmmm-hm. Cloaked A.N.T.s were the answer to the Buggy and Cloaked Flash. I stopped a metric ton of them on a regular basis, the few that got away, they vacated the area and did not return. The guns NEVER acted right on Playstation, EVER. If it were not false hits, it was outright misses at any range in spite of where you aimed. I have had my bullets start coming out of the top left of my screen instead of the gun itself.....

:( As for the times? The queues remain the same. What they do to simulate the time passing more quickly is double the time number and reduce it 2ice as fast. 30 seconds out side of membership became 60, but it drained every half second so it felt like you were ahead of the line. At least on P.S.4, anyway. Get the membership, ONLY for the cert gain and free story mode if you are going to waste your money on it.

;) I definitely agree with you withholding that doe though, because that is also an issue.
  8. Exileant

:eek: OooooooooooooooooWE! :D However you meant that; nay, in ALL of the ways you meant that; thank you.;)
  9. krozerg

Emerald?

Quit different on cobalt, you either sit in queue because only 1 continent has playable pop. And you had to relog for the 10th time because of some bug. Or there is 2 open continents and neither have enough pop to be fun.

Anyway, played about 3 days of arsenal patch before all the problems / bugs just outweighed the fun and havnt logged in since.

Last patch notes on April 5th, patch is out, semi playable, done and dusted. All these bugs will linger for another 2 years. Like most other things. The codex that most will find about as appealing as water combat and a few UI reskins is more important than stuff like actually being able to use an engineer turrent more than 3 times per login before it bugs and can never cooldown.
    • Up x 1
  10. Clone117

Takes more skill to run over infantry with a cloak ant than it does to shoot em dead with a gun. Due to how the mechanics work. In order to successfully pancake infantry you need to anticipate where they will be multiple seconds in the future which is nigh impossible. Where as with a gun your shooting at where they were. Which is still visible and far far easier to do.
    • Up x 1
  11. baxtytv

wtf invisible ANT ? who is the master mind of this troll? needs to be sue and kicked out from the company
  12. FLHuk

I often find that if a guy kills me in a 1v1 gun fight I can just reset the attempt and have another go in the exact same situation....

I often find that when I fail to run guys over while cloaked it's impossible to have another go as they have all moved on and I can't find them....

The following vid demonstrates this with an uncloaked Valk perfectly many times over!

/sarc if you really need it pointing out

13. Exileant

o_O Trust me, as a Cloaked A.N.T. LOYALIST that has lost a MANY of them starting off thinking its cloak was a step below almighty, I can tell you it was far from the beast you think it was. :confused: It transformed the truck into a huge glass building and you could hear it a mile away because it sounded like a well oiled bus always at W.O.T.

:( People could see you just fine if you tried to run them over from the front and it was iffy if you went at them from the side. It was more of an insult to people on foot. "You were out in the open and being stupid enough to get mauled by a weak tail A.N.T.? NEWB!!!!" It was the answer to Harassers for those of us who dedicated ourselves to learning it. So it was not a troll. It took skill to make them effective.