This forum has it's problems, but at least it isn't reddit.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Obscura, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Obscura

Just a reminder, if you do not completely kiss every commenters *** 100%, expect the jerk circle to come in and downvote everything you post.

"I'm not trying to be rude or anything. It is great that you're having fun and share stuff. But it's mostly short clips of pretty standard stuff."

Which he then gives his own youtube channel, which last uploaded videos 3-4 years ago.

Which leads to another seperate video of mine, downvoted to 17%.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/u0wo5h/kill_as_many_as_you_can/

Amazing, I think I'll post more of what they hate because of how poor of a discussion format reddit is for this game. I thought the lack of response to gameplay, but fluctuating upvotes and downvotes, and large upvotes to mediocre content was odd so I googled "buy reddit upvotes and downvotes" and found they can be bought from 0.7-0.9$ at dozens of websites.

I'm going to try and shoot for -10000 karma XD
    • Up x 2
  2. Twin Suns

Reddit is a wretched hive of scum & villainy. Let’em sit in their own bubble and sniff each others farts.

o7
    • Up x 1
  3. vonRichtschuetz

Reddit, like all social media, is built around creating echo-chambers. It doesn't matter if a statement you make there is correct. It just matters if it fits the opinion of the majority. Which is why you shouldn't give anything about upvotes.
    • Up x 1
  4. csvfr

Reddit has 4 different "algorithms" for sorting posts; Hot, New, Top, and Rising. By default what you see is the Hot sorting, which seems to prioritize activity like comments, votes, views perhaps, and maybe even the social standing / credit score of the author. The exact mechanism I'm not sure about. Recently created posts are not visible there but can be seen when sorting by New which puts the most recent posts first. Only the most hardcore reddit users sort by New of which there are maybe 10 - 20. For a post to get from New to Hot (where most users are) you must entice this inner circle of hardcore users to view, vote, and comment on the post. Only then will the casual reddit user be able see the post and up / downvote and/or comment. This might be why reddit may be perceived as somewhat narrowminded, as the initial soft-filtering by design only allows posts that appeal to the inner circle through.
  5. AuricStarSand

haha. this title is great. ye dude reddit is horrible. For this game at least, it is.

I made a " Marketing Mega Thread Advice for PS2 " well similar title to that. For Reddit. I got downvoted more than I ever imagined. The thread took me like 2 to 4 hours to edit. & It instantly got downvoted for just suggesting that PS2 needs more Youtube exposure. 0 upvotes, 80 replies. I never go on Reddit after writing that thread. I use to use Reddit for POE, now never going to use.

-1000 karma is right. Literally some salty vet replied with some amateur advice about how the game just needs to balance gameplay with zerg balances or item balances or cloaking balances. Which is all the same junk I've heard before. So his mediocore reply got upvoted. While my mega advice on how PS2 needs to promote itself on youtube. By using the best mmorpg reviewers to help. That got downvoted.

It also got downvoted mainly becaiuse I listed how every fps & mmorpg game out thee sucks in comparison. Listing 1 game per paragraph. Literaly listing why Fortnite sucks, why battle royal games have always sucked. Why Warzone isn't revolutionary. From Cyberpunk to Halos no progression, to WoWs 1 shots. To mmorpgs having no real good pvp right now.

The last paragraph was to suggest; that these redditors are fans of other games. More than they are of PS2. So why the freak are they on Reddit on a PS2 subredit if they aren't even main'ing PS2 as their main game? I have no idea. So that's the difference between reddit PS2 debates & this forum here. This forum PS2'ers main PS2 or at least for this season. & Redditor's do not. Simple as that.

Needless to say nobody responded with solid advertising advice. When trying to share the obvious. If this game is the most underrated game of all time & it is. Than marketing threads shouldn't be so taboo. Or sensitive. Or worst downvoted & ignored.

Redditors may as well be fortnite dota players, that's how they responded to me. Witch hunt.
    • Up x 1
  6. Somentine

Lotta victim complexes going on in this thread.

@ OP, your vids are honestly not fun to watch. I would give suggestions instead of just criticism, but I don't make vids.

1. Infravision is cancer to look at.
    2. Max gameplay.
    3. Infil gameplay.
    3. Common situations, best was your Infil knifes against bots, maybe the hit on the lib dumbfire (but that was like a 3-4 second clip that got stretched to 40).
    4. Quite frankly, no spectacular skills.

Some even have 3 out of 4 in one vid.

It's like if the most average person in the world filmed themselves crossing a street or something.

@ Auric

Your enthusiasm for the game is nice, but your ideas also came at a very low point in the game's population and, if I remember, also with a lot of problems.

And no, as proof of this update, working on improving the game to retain and bring back players is more important than getting 40 new players that won't stay.

You also trash talked a bunch of games for literally no reason, as they have almost nothing in common with PS2 other than being either an MMO or an FPS.
  7. Clone117

Social media sites like reddit and such have been cancer for years nows. Its idiot controlled echochamber hell.