Game crashing a lot since Arsenal update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Botji, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Botji

And unfortunately I dont have any real specifics to add except a bunch of examples of when it might happen like that it happens whenever no matter what with no apparent common cause and because its a near instant CTD with no error message I cant even provide that.

It is more likely to crash on Oshur though but its not exclusive to Oshur.

Its not related to activity/population as it crashes just as much or little during the server prime time as it does on the low population times. Does not matter if I am in a nearly empty hex with 1-2 people or 96+ etc.

The game could CTD before the update too but it was more like maybe once per 3-4 hours if at all instead of the almost guaranteed 2-3 times per hour after the update and probably more like 4-6 times per hour if im playing on Oshur.

I have had it CTD several times just as I get killed but it can CTD while I am just driving alone in/on the water.
    It happens as infantry and it happens in vehicles, dead or alive but it does CTD more often just as "something" happens and that "something" can seemingly be almost anything, me dying, a Orbital being destroyed with a bunch of allies next to it(with me outside the blast), a vehicle exploding, Alert ending, base captured/lost and perhaps even when a vehicle gets close enough for the detailed model but im not so sure about that last one.

But it also CTDs without anything happening and ofc not every time any of the above happens so I have no clue and trying to figure out how to make the game produce logs or where they would be saved is surprisingly frustrating in how there are several old answers with none that actually helps?

Doubt I will get this resolved since no one else seems to have this issue atm but at least I have reported it.
  2. OneShadowWarrior

No sir, you are not alone in these game crashes and freezes. I did mention awhile back that starting with Oshur update the game to seems to have started diminishing in performance. It had gotten progressively worst since the Arsenal update. Not only are the servers unstable both at login, connection, server ping/latency, but the freezes, hard crashes to desktop or audio skipping/silence ruining the game.

I know they will say, well check your PC, but it’s brand new with a I7-12700K cpu, 3080 RTX graphics card and 32 gig of 4800mx RAM, 9 TB Nvmie SSD hard drive space, plus I run a fiber optic cable connection with a grade A rating intentionally, I am only a few hours away from Rogue Planet and usually get a 13 ms connection.
  3. Private Drake

Game Error G15

Malfunction:

You may need to adjust your firewall settings to play PlanetSide 2. Contact Technical Support for assistance.
  4. Yaesu

I wasn't having any issues before Arsenal. Now everything is screwed up. Starting to see bad hit %'s again. Crosshair right on the target but getting no red 'x' at all. Lag maybe? Started shortly after Arsenal released. Delaying membership until all the MESS is fixed.
  5. Botji

Just wanted to update this in case someone is checking, since I have seen a positive change since the last two patches namely:

Apr. 05, 2022 - PC Hotfix
    and
    May 04, 2022 - Codex and Navigation (PC Update)

Did not play much with the April 5 hotfix but since the May 4 Codex update, the game has NOT crashed at all... yet.

So hopefully good work to whichever dev that nailed that one for me, I only hope I didnt super jinx myself now.