[Suggestion] Obelisk reload?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Apr 7, 2022.

1. AntDX316

Obelisk reload is totally unnecessary but if it has to happen the reload speed should at least be 50% faster or if reloading happens there should be some benefit.
  2. Arpheus

The way I understand it the reload is thought of a drawback as "punishment" for overheating the weapon. I don't think it's meant to give a benefit.
    • Up x 1
  3. MonnyMoony

^^ This.

All heat based weapons (including base turrets) have an overheat cooldown penalty.

The Obelisk's reload animation is effectively this cooldown penalty.
  4. AntDX316

But you can reload even after 1 shot which gives Zero benefits and makes it worse because you cannot shoot before the reload animation is over or unless you quickly switch weapons. There should be a Buff when reloading that gun otherwise it should be a bug.
  5. vonRichtschuetz

I have a workaround for you. Just don't prematurely reload.

Obelisk should be nerfed. It should either have no bullet drop or no damage falloff, not both. Also it's magazine size with the heat mechanic is effectively way too big and should be reduced.
  6. AntDX316

there are other guns on other factions that are equally as powerful if not better as their fire rate is quicker